Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING STEVE MORISON: “ TRANSFER UPDATE “

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:01 am

Just one player going out Morison said:

Also Giles is a big loss to us.

STEVE MORISON:

"We have got a few irons in the fire, a few things we are trying to do," he said.

"That's not with anyone going out. It’ll be loans, but nothing is going to happen right now.”

“We all know their is no money available, so we will look for the best possible loans.”

"We have got FA Cup weekend, everyone is keeping their players for that. The last group stages of the Africa Cup of Nations is around January 17 or 18, so you’re not likely to see anything until after that.

"A lot of teams are thinking, 'Well, if our player gets knocked out (of AFCON) on January 17 then he will come back and we can let someone else go.'

"Also, on the flipside, we are not the only team trying to do business as well! The conversations I’ve had are probably happening with 10 other teams.

"We are competitive if we need to be, in the loan market, within the budget we are working towards.

"We will try and bring players in and change the dynamics of the group, but whether we actually get there and can make it happen is a day by day thing. But we are trying."

Morison added that he had spent a lot of time talking to clubs in order to start conversations over taking players on loans, but while talks have been positive, top-flight sides are reluctant to let their players leave too early.

"There have been lots of conversations. I’ve never been on the phone so much in my life!" Morison said. "I was on the phone before speaking to [the media].

"I’m just trying to be honest and going through the correct channels. I’m being as honest with the players as I possibly can, if there's anything external (happening).

"It seems slightly different to normal. It’s just a waiting game. A lot of conversations are like, 'Yeah, that could be good, but, of we will wait until after the weekend, or after the Africa Cup of Nations finishes and we know where we are.'

“Everyone has to be patient and we can only try our best with what little resources we have available.”

"There is one (under-23s player) that should be going out tomorrow," Morison confirmed.

"That will be really good. And we have had some interest in others, it's just that we are making sure we are getting the right move for them so then it benefits us as a football club so we can make more educated decisions on these players' careers."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON: “ TRANSFER UPDATE “

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:07 am

STEVE MORISON:

“Trying to get players, is harder than I thought.”

“A lot of conversations. I’ve never been on the phone so much in my life! I was on the phone before speaking to you lot.”

I’m just trying to be honest and going through the correct channels. I’m being honest with the players too.”

“Our budget is very limited and so that makes it even harder.”

It seems slightly different to normal. It’s just a waiting game, waiting until after the weekend, after AFCON, it’s about being calm and patient.

It might happen, but it might happen in a few more weeks.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:26 am

STEVE MORISON:

“Giles is a big loss. It shows that loan moves do work, so from their point of view, he is top assists in the league in a team that’s at the wrong end of the table.”

“It’s going to be a strange month this month, especially before the FA Cup game and then we’ll assess after that.

AFCON, Covid, everyone is trying to get all hands on deck.

Max and Ryan had really successful loan moves and it’s like having two new signings.

A negative is we’ve lost a really important player to us but we add two hoping to have a really positive impact in the last bit of the season.”

Morison

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:42 am

Quote (Steve Morison): "We are competitive if we need to be, in the loan market, within the budget we are working towards"

Clearly no money for actual transfers and that may not be a bad thing with so many likely going out in the Summer

But some room for manoeuvre on the loan' market is a positive development, if we can attract the right people :thumbright:

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:47 am

I'm not getting excited by all this.

I'll be glad when this window closes because I can't see much happening for us. I've switched off to these "possible" links because I've heard it all before over the last few seasons. That fact we are no where near bringing in someone compared to the likes of Forest who have already signed someone up and are about to have a second addition just tells me its all talk. So until its definite I'll continue to ignore it all.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:46 pm

Replies FB:

Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:48 pm

Rumours of an English player from France.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:33 pm

Al bollocks this loans business.
f**k Keiffer Moore off for Free as he a bigger sick note than Daren Anderson and had no loyalty to us.