Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ryan Wintle: “It came as a shock at the time, going

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:29 pm

Ryan Wintle:

“It came as a shock at the time, going out on loan. But it’s football, it’s a short career, so I thought maybe going out would benefit me in the long run," Wintle said.

"Thankfully, it’s been a good start to the season for myself, gone out and got some valuable experience and I’ve come back more of an asset to this football club.

"It's a surprise when you sign for a football club and then go out on loan, it's not ideal for anyone. But this is football, it's a ruthless game. If you're not what someone 100 percent expects of you then they are going to look elsewhere.

"It was never going to be easy because there are a lot of midfielders at this club. But now, I've gone out, got experience and hopefully now I can cement my place."

Re: Ryan Wintle: “It came as a shock at the time, going

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:07 pm

Weird,bloody strange if you ask me, no smoke without a fire ??

Is he any good??

Let's see what he can really offer???

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:48 am

This is an interesting one. In his few appearances I thought he was both slow on the ball and slow to the ball. Perhaps McCarthy was right in deciding he needed to get up to Championship speed. He seems to have done so at Blackpool. Lets see how he does and in what system/position he plays.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:39 am

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:This is an interesting one. In his few appearances I thought he was both slow on the ball and slow to the ball. Perhaps McCarthy was right in deciding he needed to get up to Championship speed. He seems to have done so at Blackpool. Lets see how he does and in what system/position he plays.

Reading that, it certainly appears to have been a Mick McCarthy decision and I feel the lad Wintle spoke well in his interview

Can also see why it came as a 'surprise' but I am impressed the lad 'got his head down' to become am integral part of a Blackpool side doing rather well right now in the Championship; hopefully, to Cardiff City's benefit in the latter part of the season

Welcome back, Ryan Wintle... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: