Gareth Bale

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale

Postby thomas9990 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ampionship

Reading sky sports apperntly of wales qualify for the World Cup, Bale will join a Welsh championship club on a short term deal
thomas9990
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Gareth Bale

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby ThomasC » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:57 pm

thomas9990 wrote:https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12511307/gareth-bale-real-madrid-forward-could-retire-at-end-of-season-or-move-to-welsh-club-in-championship

Reading sky sports apperntly of wales qualify for the World Cup, Bale will join a Welsh championship club on a short term deal


:shock: Bale Bale!
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5654
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:59 am

Would be amazing but we've been here before last summer when he was coming after his "cryptic interview"

Knowing our luck he'd sign and get injured anyway :lol:
User avatar
Pantmawr Bluebird
 
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 am

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby GaerBlue » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:34 am

We should probably spend a bit of money this Jan to make sure we stay up then……
GaerBlue
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:17 am

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:48 am

Knowing our luck he'll probably sign for the Gypo's. :lol:
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 6456
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:03 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Knowing our luck he'll probably sign for the Gypo's. :lol:

It was alluded by Sky Sports that it could be for 'either Cardiff or Swansea'

Can anyone really imagine a scenario where that were to happen...? :shock:

Cardiff boy, loves his home city and still has roots here...

Far more likely to 'do a Bellamy' than he is to 'turn Jack' but whilst I would love him here, I think we shouldn't get our hopes up he will ever play in a Bluebird shirt with retirement being suggested after a possible World Cup finale

We live in hope but Arron Ramsey might be a different proposition down the line... ;)
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22690
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby CantonStandBob » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:04 pm

It would surely be Cardiff or nobody for Bale. I don't think he would risk his legacy as a hero for Cardiff Welsh fans if he were to sign for Swansea. It wouldn't be the same for Swansea Welsh fans as even the most die hard deluded Swans fan would expect him to pick Cardiff over Swansea in the same way someone like Joe Rodon would always pick Swansea over Cardiff.
IF he drops to a lower league I am confident it would be to his hometown club as it wouldn't be a money orientated or career boosting move. Most likely though is Wales will mess up qualifying and Bale will be on the golf course retired from footie this time next year.
What a dream it would be though if he did give us a few months, that would get the attendances back up.
CantonStandBob
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:02 am

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby New Day Rising » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:46 pm

It maybe Swansea as he's a keen caravanner
New Day Rising
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby davids » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:05 pm

May come down to where the best golf courses are.
davids
 
Posts: 8493
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:15 pm

davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.

Newport...???? :shock: :laughing6: :laughing6:
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22690
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby theclaw » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:41 pm

davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.



Porthcawl 50/50 :banghead:
theclaw
 
Posts: 3346
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby CF11 Rondo » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:17 pm

Is he not in the process of setting up a second business in the city centre? I remember seeing something about that.
CF11 Rondo
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:48 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby royalblue » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:32 pm

He has a big house with golf course literally around the corner from the clubs training ground.
ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE
royalblue
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:08 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Caerdydd12 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:55 pm

Its us or nobody as its been mentioned in this thread already. He would never join the Jack's imo. It just wouldn't make sense
User avatar
Caerdydd12
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:10 pm

davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha
bluebird7291
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:09 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha



15 mins in a lambo
nubbsy
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Jock » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:56 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o
Jock
 
Posts: 3045
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:00 am

Newcastle with Ramsey I heard?
Bluebina
 
Posts: 12314
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:16 pm

Talks are ongoing with Southampton apparently for a return

All rumours though
User avatar
Pantmawr Bluebird
 
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 am

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:40 pm

Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.
bluebird7291
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Jock » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:43 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.

You back on the glue mate?

Celtic Manor, Royal Porthcawl, Royal Brynhill are top 3. ;)
Jock
 
Posts: 3045
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:58 pm

Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.

You back on the glue mate?

Celtic Manor, Royal Porthcawl, Royal Brynhill are top 3. ;)

Celtic Manor 2010 Course, Royal Porthcawl and (close call with certain others) Southerndown for me...

Not a fan of the Vale but others will differ in opinion
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22690
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:23 pm

Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.

You back on the glue mate?

Celtic Manor, Royal Porthcawl, Royal Brynhill are top 3. ;)


Brynhill.... Now I understand the Wenvoe knock haha.
bluebird7291
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Jock » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:27 pm

Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.

You back on the glue mate?

Celtic Manor, Royal Porthcawl, Royal Brynhill are top 3. ;)

Celtic Manor 2010 Course, Royal Porthcawl and (close call with certain others) Southerndown for me...

Not a fan of the Vale but others will differ in opinion

Best Welsh course I played last year was St Mellons. Comon Bale you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to golf courses. Some good courses around Swansea but spoiled by retarded Jacks playing on them
Jock
 
Posts: 3045
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:58 pm

To get this thread back on track and out of the hands of those who choose to spoil a nice walk. :;:

As Bale has returned to Spurs on loan surely if he moves anywhere it will be Southampton to complete the circle. That's if he can make the Soton team.

We will be well out of the running if we don't avoid the drop, especially as he never played for us.

We may be a last resort to keep himself fit IF he doesn't get a Prem gig.
User avatar
Wayne S
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:51 am

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:02 pm

Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.

You back on the glue mate?

Celtic Manor, Royal Porthcawl, Royal Brynhill are top 3. ;)

Celtic Manor 2010 Course, Royal Porthcawl and (close call with certain others) Southerndown for me...

Not a fan of the Vale but others will differ in opinion

Best Welsh course I played last year was St Mellons. Comon Bale you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to golf courses. Some good courses around Swansea but spoiled by retarded Jacks playing on them

Have to agree St Mellons a great course, Jock :thumbup:

You're right; Greater Swansea has some great courses, too. I always enjoy Langland Bay, Pennard (an interesting track) and (slightly further away) Ashburnham

As you say, the regular clientelle leave something to be desired...

"Good putt, butt! That's three off the tee, chip from the ruff into the bunker, two out of there and three putts. Par it is then, see butt...!" :laughing6:
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22690
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Jock » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:23 am

Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.

You back on the glue mate?

Celtic Manor, Royal Porthcawl, Royal Brynhill are top 3. ;)

Celtic Manor 2010 Course, Royal Porthcawl and (close call with certain others) Southerndown for me...

Not a fan of the Vale but others will differ in opinion

Best Welsh course I played last year was St Mellons. Comon Bale you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to golf courses. Some good courses around Swansea but spoiled by retarded Jacks playing on them

Have to agree St Mellons a great course, Jock :thumbup:

You're right; Greater Swansea has some great courses, too. I always enjoy Langland Bay, Pennard (an interesting track) and (slightly further away) Ashburnham

As you say, the regular clientelle leave something to be desired...

"Good putt, butt! That's three off the tee, chip from the ruff into the bunker, two out of there and three putts. Par it is then, see butt...!" :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: no birdie Butt.
Jock
 
Posts: 3045
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:35 am

Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.

You back on the glue mate?

Celtic Manor, Royal Porthcawl, Royal Brynhill are top 3. ;)

Celtic Manor 2010 Course, Royal Porthcawl and (close call with certain others) Southerndown for me...

Not a fan of the Vale but others will differ in opinion

Best Welsh course I played last year was St Mellons. Comon Bale you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to golf courses. Some good courses around Swansea but spoiled by retarded Jacks playing on them

Have to agree St Mellons a great course, Jock :thumbup:

You're right; Greater Swansea has some great courses, too. I always enjoy Langland Bay, Pennard (an interesting track) and (slightly further away) Ashburnham

As you say, the regular clientelle leave something to be desired...

"Good putt, butt! That's three off the tee, chip from the ruff into the bunker, two out of there and three putts. Par it is then, see butt...!" :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: no birdie Butt.

Best shots of the day are played with the infamous Swansea Leather Wedge...! ;) :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Swansea Leather Wedge.jpeg
Swansea Leather Wedge.jpeg (43.22 KiB) Viewed 967 times
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22690
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Jock » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:49 am

Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:May come down to where the best golf courses are.


Still us. Wenvoe, Glamorgan and Vale Hotel all in touching distance. And 20 mins away from celtic on a good day.
They should chuck some deals in for him to get him across the line haha

Bit of a stretch calling Wenvoe a top course. :o


It is compared to most in this area. Only a celtic better in my opinion.

You back on the glue mate?

Celtic Manor, Royal Porthcawl, Royal Brynhill are top 3. ;)

Celtic Manor 2010 Course, Royal Porthcawl and (close call with certain others) Southerndown for me...

Not a fan of the Vale but others will differ in opinion

Best Welsh course I played last year was St Mellons. Comon Bale you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to golf courses. Some good courses around Swansea but spoiled by retarded Jacks playing on them

Have to agree St Mellons a great course, Jock :thumbup:

You're right; Greater Swansea has some great courses, too. I always enjoy Langland Bay, Pennard (an interesting track) and (slightly further away) Ashburnham

As you say, the regular clientelle leave something to be desired...

"Good putt, butt! That's three off the tee, chip from the ruff into the bunker, two out of there and three putts. Par it is then, see butt...!" :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: no birdie Butt.

Best shots of the day are played with the infamous Swansea Leather Wedge...! ;) :lol: :lol:

He’s got a polyester green top on, clearly a celtic supporting Jack.
Jock
 
Posts: 3045
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bebbsyboy, bluebirdoct1962, boyo1927, CantonStandBob, carmarthen bluebird, Clusterman, danielrees17, Double G, GENERAL CHAT, goats, Google [Bot], jimmy_rat, Majestic-12 [Bot], newblue57, oohahhPaulMillar, papa, Paulyblue, rontom, salopiancity, TheHangedMan, Welsh Exile, wez1927, Winchmore Hill Bluebird and 499 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.