OFFICIAL: BLUEBIRD YOUNGSTER JOINS 'THE GAS' ON LOAN

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Confirmed: James Connolly moves to Bristol Rovers on loan

The Gas are in need of defensive reinforcements after a series of injuries and the mid-season retirement of Mark Hughes and 20-year-old Bluebird defender James Connolly has moved to Bristol Rovers on a loan deal.

The centre-half came through the ranks at Blackburn Rovers and joined Cardiff on a one-year deal in June.

Connolly has captained Cardiff's under-23s side this season, but he is yet to make a senior appearance.

But a lack of EFL experience has not bothered Gas boss Joey Barton in the past, with Connor Taylor making just a single appearance for Stoke City and a handful of non-league starts before he made his bow in the blue and white quarters.

Taylor has since established himself as Rovers' top centre-back and claimed the EFL Young Player of the Month prize for October.

Connolly is Rovers' second signing of the January window after the arrival of striker Ryan Loft from Scunthorpe United on Tuesday.

At his press conference on Friday, Barton confirmed the Gas were working on more signings in the wake of Hughes' decision to join Plymouth Argyle's coaching staff.
Attachments
JamesConnolly.jpeg
JamesConnolly.jpeg (405.51 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OFFICIAL: BLUEBIRD YOUNGSTER JOINS 'THE GAS' ON LOAN

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:14 am

Started yesterday as well for Rovers
Pantmawr Bluebird

Return to General Chat