An update regarding Isaac Vassell.

This was on a Cardiff City FB site:
Attachments
FCCC851A-506D-4C9F-8D0E-F273ECBE65EF.jpeg
FCCC851A-506D-4C9F-8D0E-F273ECBE65EF.jpeg (120.61 KiB) Viewed 7521 times

Re: An update regarding Isaac Vassell:

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:44 pm

Isaac Vassell

It is going on almost two-and-a-half years since Isaac Vassell last kicked a football in a competitive senior match for Cardiff City.

There have been false dawns along the way with regards to his potential return, so it is understandable that Morison was reticent to nail down a return date.

What he could say, though, is that it is hoped by the end of the month the striker is in a position to resume first-team training with the rest of the squad.

Steve Morison:

"I'm told that he should be in a better place come the end of the month.

"That would be, maybe, just coming into full training with us, rather than being available for match minutes.

"With Vas, as we've seen all along, it's literally just week by week. He is out on the grass today with Max.

"We just ask the question every time we come in, 'How did he get on? Did he get through it?' That's the main thing and then we are on to the next day."

Expected return: Unknown

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:35 am

2 and a half years ..... And there are still people on here who defend / stand up for this guy !!!!! :roll:

Still Here .......

Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:07 am

TOPCAT CCFC

Totally agree laughable
how many employees would keep a sicknote going for 2 and half years without anything in return where i come from there called spongers the bloke is either anemic or has brittle bones disease.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:45 am

montyblue wrote:TOPCAT CCFC

Totally agree laughable
how many employees would keep a sicknote going for 2 and half years without anything in return where i come from there called spongers the bloke is either anemic or has brittle bones disease.

And you know that as FACT? :?

No, you're just making it up again! :roll: :oops:

Isaac Vassell has, unlike a certain now departed malingerer, had some pretty serious issues that have taken their toll on him and his career

He didn't want to get injured plying his trade and he didn't want the complications that followed. It's had a massive effect on him, as he wants to play football and he desperately wants to be a part of the Bluebird squad

So give him some leeway rather than doing your usual and desperately seeking to find negativity where it is not deserved

You do yourself and this Forum a disservice (again) :oops:

TopCatCCFC is 100% more tempered in his response; simply asking a genuine question if there is anyone who can stand up for this guy?

Well, I guess that will be a mix; but from my own (workplace) experiences of long-term injuries and their mental effects I do have some sympathies for Isaac Vassell and I hope he comes back to play a part for the Bluebirds in the not to distant future

#SupportYourBluebirdPlayersEvenWhenInjured

Now wait for it...

SVEN... ;)

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:08 pm

SVEN

We are all entilted to our opinions as was Topcat ccfc comment before mine which said he could not believe peoole still stand up for vassell ie SVEN
You also do this forum a disservice with your snide comments about peoples post which don' t go along with your view 's
And we all know your the biggest know all on the forum and think its your forum and will run it how you see fit and if you think all my contributions to the forum are that hard for you to read then kindly ask me to leave like someone told you a while back. On a post don' t comnent on my posts i never comment on yours apart from having to reply to your personal comments about me rather than just commenting on the topic.
Just a bully boy on a keyboard only
describes you well hope you did' nt have to wait to long for your answer.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:21 pm

1. He is no longer a profession footballer - he needs to accept that like we have.
2. He is robbing a living from us by taking any wage whatsoever, he wont be poor.
3. "End of the month" - really - maybe so - and good luck - within 3 or 4 games he will be injured again.
4. After all those injuries - he will be too scared to push himself in case he gets injured again.

Hope Im wrong about the above - but his body is telling him something - it cant cope with the stress of playing football at this level. It's not as if we werent warned by countless Brum fans at the time

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:47 pm

montyblue wrote:SVEN

We are all entilted to our opinions as was Topcat ccfc comment before mine which said he could not believe peoole still stand up for vassell ie SVEN
You also do this forum a disservice with your snide comments about peoples post which don' t go along with your view 's
And we all know your the biggest know all on the forum and think its your forum and will run it how you see fit and if you think all my contributions to the forum are that hard for you to read then kindly ask me to leave like someone told you a while back. On a post don' t comnent on my posts i never comment on yours apart from having to reply to your personal comments about me rather than just commenting on the topic.
Just a bully boy on a keyboard only
describes you well hope you did' nt have to wait to long for your answer.

Monty, I would argue that you are not 'entitled' to opinions that simply 'make it up' i.e. (quote you) "Topcat ccfc comment before mine which said he could not believe people still stand up for vassell ie SVEN"

Where did he mention anyone specifically, including 'SVEN'?

Answer: he didn't, in which case you made that bit up to try and justify your post and (later) response to me above :oops:

Tony (TOPCAT_CCFC) knows the respect I have for him and I haven't criticised either him or his post. I agree that Vassell's time here has been disappointing but I will stand up and say I have 'some' sympathy with his (Vassell's) situation on a personal and sporting front

Others, maybe most, will disagree, including you; but when you do so stating such complete b###ocks like they were fact, you show yourself to be the unthinking/uncaring person many of your posts suggest you to be

Seriously, what 'snide' comments do I make?

As a poster, I simply respond to what I see and comment accordingly. You are another that just likes one-way traffic and terms such as 'bully' are an easy out for you. Try debating back rather than your usual inane 'Sven's a b###tard and picking on me' responses :oops:

The fact you can only come back with crap like that says quite a lot. What about you 'thinking' before you post and considering the diatribe you are putting out as fact

I won't ask you to leave. I have nothing against you personally but I won't shy from responding to your posts positively or negatively, according to their merit; and your response to TOPCAT_CCFC, i.e. "the bloke is either anemic or has brittle bones disease" was a very poor and unconsidered one; particularly where there are those out there (and on here) who suffer such conditions genuinely

Just think, Monty...please! :thumbright:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:52 pm

Unfortunately, and the sad fact of the matter it that Isaac Vassell has played only three games for City, this being his debut on the 10/08/19 v Luton, as a sub +91 minutes, then on the 18/08/19 v Reading, also as a sub, +45 minutes, and lastly v Luton (cup), being substituted after -45 minutes. He was an unused sub on the 13th September 2019, away to Derby. This was the last time that he was involved in the first team squad.

Since that time, how many time have we been told that he's nearing a comeback?

I wish him well, as I'm sure we All do, and we really could do with a fit and eager player of his type, specially at this moment in time.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:57 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:1. He is no longer a profession footballer - he needs to accept that like we have.
2. He is robbing a living from us by taking any wage whatsoever, he wont be poor.
3. "End of the month" - really - maybe so - and good luck - within 3 or 4 games he will be injured again.
4. After all those injuries - he will be too scared to push himself in case he gets injured again.

Hope Im wrong about the above - but his body is telling him something - it cant cope with the stress of playing football at this level. It's not as if we werent warned by countless Brum fans at the time

It's hard to disagree with that but the club seem to think he has a chance, although I can't see his contract being renewed when it expires. In the meantime, the club have a 'duty of care' to Vassell and will do their best for him, as they do with other injured players

It is true that Brum supporters 'warned' us (as stated above) in a similar fashion to the Wurzels who did the same when we splashed out on Tomlin

Maybe the fault/blame lies further up the recruitment chain, where we do have a poor record on bringing in 'injury prone' players and then having to subsidise them whilst not playing

It would certainly be interesting to find out the facts of Vassell's Bluebird injuries before we hang him out to dry like the aforementioned and sermingly obvious malingerer Tomlin :thumbright:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:58 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Unfortunately, and the sad fact of the matter it that Isaac Vassell has played only three games for City, this being his debut on the 10/08/19 v Luton, as a sub +91 minutes, then on the 18/08/19 v Reading, also as a sub, +45 minutes, and lastly v Luton (cup), being substituted after -45 minutes. He was an unused sub on the 13th September 2019, away to Derby. This was the last time that he was involved in the first team squad.

Since that time, how many time have we been told that he's nearing a comeback?

I wish him well, as I'm sure we All do, and we really could do with a fit and eager player of his type, specially at this moment in time.

Nicely put, Rick :thumbup: :clap:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:28 pm

There is only one person to blame for this debacle and that is Neil Warnock. He simply should have not signed a player so injury prone and plenty on here said so at the time. There were a few who defended the signing, you know who you are, but they see to have mysteriously disappeared. Arguably Wanocks worst signing but there is a lot of competition for that.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:39 pm

SVEN
It was tounge in cheek about anemic and brittle bone so don' t need a lecture off you go and p.ss someone else off there will be no one left on the forum if you keep on with holy than thou attidude.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:08 pm

It was tounge in cheek about anemic and brittle bone so don' t need a lecture off you go and p.ss someone else off there will be no one left on the forum if you keep on with holy than thou attidude.

B####cks it was; and you know it! :roll:

I'm not holier than thou; but it I have principles and one of those is not to knowingly tell lies to suit an agenda ;)

The rest of what you wrote above is equally b####cks and simply seeks to curry favour with certain other poor posters who resort to name-calling bully boy accusations and deflection when they can't respond with reason

Just try debating your own corner rather than the same old tired diatribe and I might just gain some respect for the rubbish you put out there ;)

Watching the game now, so fill your boots on this subject, if it makes you feel better :roll:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Better place? Not planning to euthanise him I hope? Seems extreme.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:49 pm

Crayfish wrote:There is only one person to blame for this debacle and that is Neil Warnock. He simply should have not signed a player so injury prone and plenty on here said so at the time. There were a few who defended the signing, you know who you are, but they see to have mysteriously disappeared. Arguably Wanocks worst signing but there is a lot of competition for that.

Agree 100%

Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:32 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49845993

People having a go at Isaac should have a little read of this, gives a different look at things.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:40 pm

cs_original wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49845993

People having a go at Isaac should have a little read of this, gives a different look at things.

Thank you; that will be enlightening to some, if they can be botherered to read it... :clap: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:14 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:1. He is no longer a profession footballer - he needs to accept that like we have.

Agreed he's finished you cant not play for 2.5 years then pick up where you left off if you were just taking a rest let alone if you know you are injury prone and any tackle could finish you again!

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:02 am

Sven wrote:

Thank you; that will be enlightening to some, if they can be botherered to read it... :clap: :ayatollah:

Struggled to read all that and the further I got into it the more difficult it became.

Well I find it very difficult to believe to believe this dark room exists because these guys are setup for life. They are going to get no sympathy from the average fan over this. I will say it is a difficult one to work out though as if a player is injured what can he do. What can anyone do?

Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:20 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Struggled to read all that and the further I got into it the more difficult it became.

Well I find it very difficult to believe to believe this dark room exists because these guys are setup for life. They are going to get no sympathy from the average fan over this. I will say it is a difficult one to work out though as if a player is injured what can he do. What can anyone do?

Good post, Ian :thumbup:

My issue is the vilification of a man first, player second, who is clearly struggling to find the fitness to continue his career; mainly by people who don't 'know' him

Mental health is a huge topic nowadays and the term 'man up' is largely gone for all the right reasons. We don't 'know' what is going on in anyones head, even those closest to us, so it's not unreasonable Isaac Vassell might be struggling a little with two and a half years (and more at other clubs) of injury strife

It must be a nightmare for him, as he seems to be a genuine guy wanting to ply his trade and surely we should not be his judge and jury on the merits of that?

Certainly (and ironically) snide and crass statements as if fact by certain elements are wholly unwarranted, unfair and (without 'knowing' Vassell the person) disgraceful

How he came here in the first place is another matter; but that question is for those that recruited him, including Neil Warnock

Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:18 pm

Crayfish wrote:There is only one person to blame for this debacle and that is Neil Warnock. He simply should have not signed a player so injury prone and plenty on here said so at the time. There were a few who defended the signing, you know who you are, but they see to have mysteriously disappeared. Arguably Wanocks worst signing but there is a lot of competition for that.

Very true - we all make bad decisions and mistakes - this one is no different. Vassell wont be poor ever again, as long as he doesnt have an addiction.

When you do make a mistake in any walk of life - you rectify it immediately, learn from it and try and make sure it doesnt happen again.

I think everyone other than Vassell's accountant thinks it was a bad signing. Sure if he becomes fit again (which I doubt given the previous 2.5 years) maybe give him some game time in the U23s and see how he gets on. I'd love to see him come and get a hat trick, just as I'd love to be a millionaire and have a porsche - sometimes though - you have to accept how it is. he needs to find a new career - probably as a physio - as he must know alot about it by now.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:35 pm

Sven wrote:

You’re welcome. I posted it a year or 2 back with reference to how jazz Richards may have been feeling at the time he was with us. Came to my mind reading this thread :)

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:10 am

cs_original wrote:
Sven wrote:

You’re welcome. I posted it a year or 2 back with reference to how jazz Richards may have been feeling at the time he was with us. Came to my mind reading this thread :)

Thank you again; Jazz was another 'targetted' by a certain element for his past and on the falsehood of the 'Birmingham Ayatollah' fallacy.. :thumbup: :ayatollah: :clap:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:55 am

Cheers Chris - As you said just asking the question . The same could have been said on here on the past of Lee Tomlin .

Whatever player it is who has been out of football for a while will earn a week - What some on here work for a year :shock:

As posted above would someone on here have their wages paid in full for the year - if they were on the sick ???

Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:48 am

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

My issue is the vilification of a man first, player second, who is clearly struggling to find the fitness to continue his career; mainly by people who don't 'know' him

Mental health is a huge topic nowadays and the term 'man up' is largely gone for all the right reasons. We don't 'know' what is going on in anyones head, even those closest to us, so it's not unreasonable Isaac Vassell might be struggling a little with two and a half years (and more at other clubs) of injury strife

It must be a nightmare for him, as he seems to be a genuine guy wanting to ply his trade and surely we should not be his judge and jury on the merits of that?

Certainly (and ironically) snide and crass statements as if fact by certain elements are wholly unwarranted, unfair and (without 'knowing' Vassell the person) disgraceful

How he came here in the first place is another matter; but that question is for those that recruited him, including Neil Warnock

Thanks Chris.

The Mental Health issue has come into my life over the last 3 years.

My daughter was put under the MHA for which she remained for 18 months. She was submitted due to an eating disorder but was put on a Depression wing because she had just lost her mother. For 3 months I watched her go down this road to suicidal tendencies and it became very clear to me the treatment she was getting was not working. The hospital she was in just did not suit her recovery and I made this very clear to the Consultants who just basically stuck their noses up at me. They were the so called experts and knew best. The fact that 2 other kids in that place under the same Consultant committed suicide was besides the point. Anyway she is out of the system, has been for 18 months and has made a full recovery. However, the experience will never leave me and has left a nasty stain on the NHS for me.

You are right about knowing the person. Its a dark room they do live in and trying to find the switch is sometime near impossible in that room. As for Vassell I find it difficult to believe he is in some dark room. He is still out there turning up at the training ground and is set up for life. Compare his situation to my daughter he should be counting his lucky stars.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:06 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Thanks Chris.

The Mental Health issue has come into my life over the last 3 years.

My daughter was put under the MHA for which she remained for 18 months. She was submitted due to an eating disorder but was put on a Depression wing because she had just lost her mother. For 3 months I watched her go down this road to suicidal tendencies and it became very clear to me the treatment she was getting was not working. The hospital she was in just did not suit her recovery and I made this very clear to the Consultants who just basically stuck their noses up at me. They were the so called experts and knew best. The fact that 2 other kids in that place under the same Consultant committed suicide was besides the point. Anyway she is out of the system, has been for 18 months and has made a full recovery. However, the experience will never leave me and has left a nasty stain on the NHS for me.

You are right about knowing the person. Its a dark room they do live in and trying to find the switch is sometime near impossible in that room. As for Vassell I find it difficult to believe he is in some dark room. He is still out there turning up at the training ground and is set up for life. Compare his situation to my daughter he should be counting his lucky stars.

Ian, wow! That's an experience that no parent would want to go through and I'm so happy that you have all come out of the tunnel (to a large extent)

It goes to show why there should always be respect on a personal level no matter what the disagreements online. We simply don't know others situations...

I agree on your Vassell comments and he should be counting his 'lucky stars' he has the contractual security that he has

On the flip side, it doesn't mean he isn't suffering to an extent and most importantly, none of us often opinionated rather than knowledgeable contributors actually knows his situation, which is why certain uncaring/unthinking posters (one specific one on this thread) get my ire...

Why on Earth do some just make something up (basically lie) just to push a misguided/misinformed agenda that starts and ends with a personal attack on someone they don't 'know'?

Stay safe, Ian and best wishes to you, your daughter and your family going forward :thumbright:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:15 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Cheers Chris - As you said just asking the question . The same could have been said on here on the past of Lee Tomlin .

Whatever player it is who has been out of football for a while will earn a week - What some on here work for a year :shock:

As posted above would someone on here have their wages paid in full for the year - if they were on the sick ???

Tony, thank you and no worries. You asked a very reasonable and pertinent question, as always and made a very good point :thumbright:

Clearly, you see the issue I had was with the resonse of the non-thinker who believed he could then make (another) false statement vilifying the man (Vassell) as if it were fact and later trying to say it was 'tongue in cheek' :roll:

Respect to you, as always :thumbright:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:14 pm

SVEN

Your calling me a liar now and i don' t now what i am saying i new what i said i told you it was toungue in cheek which it was and how i meant it
so grow up and stop going on like a nuns knickers and sucking upto others to get them onside ridiculous i might be non thinking as you accuse me but you are very childish and just can' t stop yourself been holy than thou "wait for it".

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:39 pm

Your calling me a liar now and i don' t now what i am saying i new what i said i told you it was toungue in cheek which it was and how i meant it
so grow up and stop going on like a nuns knickers and sucking upto others to get them onside ridiculous i might be non thinking as you accuse me but you are very childish and just can' t stop yourself been holy than thou "wait for it".

Did I mention you by name...? :?:

Nope, but if the cap fits, fella ;) :laughing6:

No way was it 'tongue in cheek'; it was a clear dig at a man you neither know in person or his personal circumstances

I'm not going to comment more. It's a pointless exercise in 'can't see where you went wrong' as we are about to see... :thumbright:
Post a reply