Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A VIEW FROM THE ARMCHAIR (CITY V PRESTON - FA CUP)

Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:41 pm

Surprisingly, given the long history of these two clubs, this was the first ever FA Cup clash between the two... :shock:

Preston themselves had not reached Round 4 for many seasons and were looking to do so today at the Bluebirds expense

Overall, a mainly drab game that saw Preston with the better opportunities early on but the Bluebirds take the lead through a decent move and first Bluebird goal for Isaak Davies

City held their own until half-time

HALF-TIME SCORE: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 PRESTON NORTH END
Bluebird scorer: Isaak Davies

The second half started with a sadly familiar defensive mistake; this time Ciaran Brown playing the villain with a wreckless challenge that was clearly a penalty and from which they scored the equaliser

After that, the game ebbef and flowed (loose term) and both sides had opportunities

Some guys called Scott Sinclair and Ched Evans came on for Preston and seemef to make a difference; if only they had an end product to their game and could stay onside

Thankfully, the couldn't and City once again grew into what was beginning to be a tight but interesting game that ended 90 minutes with stalemate

90 MINUTE SCORE: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 PRESTON NORTH END
Bluebird scorer: Isaak Davies

Extra time saw much more of the same and at half-time and well into the secondbperiod, it lookrd like the game was petering out for a draw and penalties

Step up the Bluebirds through Tom Sang and Mark Harris with a late goal that effectively sealed the tie :clap:

Preston tried but it seemed to drain the fight out of them and Harris went close again

Great result under the circumstances, another confidence booster and we can look forward to the Fourth Round Draw

FINAL SCORE: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 PRESTON NORTH END
Bluebird scorers: Isaak Davies, Mark Harris

Verdict:

A youth orientated Bluebird side were sent out to 'see what happens' and put in a performance that saw no really poor performances other than that daft tackle for the penalty

It's easy for people to moan and groan about style and individual mistakes but this Bluebird team pulled together, kept mainly to their brief and saw off a more than decent Preston team that had some good players in it

We live to fight another day, are in the Fourth Round Draw and I applaud the team for its efforts and success today with special mention to Isaak Davies for getting the (proverbial) monkey off his back :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: A VIEW FROM THE ARMCHAIR (CITY V PRESTON - FA CUP)

Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:52 pm

Thanks for that Chris no s4c in england :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:55 pm

There was S4C in England, 134 on Sky and you could choose whether you wanted Welsh or English commentary.
Joe Ledley did a great job with his co-commentating (in English)

Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:54 pm

Watched it Newcastle, on the S4C app, in the Welsh language.
Great to see the young players being given a chance.
Good to see Wintle getting a run out.
Hopefully, the Liverpool match will be ITV/BBC so can watch it in the Pub !

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:14 pm

Igovernor wrote:Thanks for that Chris no s4c in england :ayatollah:

Just in case it happens again, you can watch on your phone with their app or on your laptop too, just need to create an account.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:19 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Thanks for that Chris no s4c in england :ayatollah:

Just in case it happens again, you can watch on your phone with their app or on your laptop too, just need to create an account.

Thanks, Paul... :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:18 pm

I watched it on my normal TV (have BT for my internet supply, so have extra channels).
There is a S4C app. on it, which means I can also watch all the Wales matches.
It's great for exiles living in England...

Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:35 pm

Chris Holmes wrote:There was S4C in England, 134 on Sky and you could choose whether you wanted Welsh or English commentary.

Number one i don't have sky and also i do not have freesat whete you can watch s4c and lastly i do not have virgin which also shows s4c so in answer to your post i cannot get s4c in england :thumbup:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:02 am

Igovernor wrote:
Chris Holmes wrote:There was S4C in England, 134 on Sky and you could choose whether you wanted Welsh or English commentary.

Number one i don't have sky and also i do not have freesat whete you can watch s4c and lastly i do not have virgin which also shows s4c so in answer to your post i cannot get s4c in england :thumbup:

S4c is also on BBC I player , you can get that on any smart TV ,laptop,tablet or mobile phone for free ....with a TV licence

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:37 am

Bluearmy82 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

S4c is also on BBC I player , you can get that on any smart TV ,laptop,tablet or mobile phone for free ....with a TV licence

Cheers Elliot, that is something I did not know :banghead: :roll:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:52 am

Igovernor wrote:
Bluearmy82 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Rog, I believe the Liverpool game will be on S4C, too :thumbup:

Seems they have an agreement to show the Welsh teams left in the competition, so it's a toss up between Liverpool v Cardiff City or, uhm, uhm...

Liverpool v Cardiff City it is, then...! ;) :laughing6: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Didn't know about the English language version of S4C though; and that will mean more Bluebirds will be able to watch the game... :occasion5:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:09 am

I watch the game on S4C and I struggled with my Welsh as much as the youngsters tried to play football.

Overall I felt the youngsters huffed and puffed and got what they deserved with a win but it was hard to watch. Preston were dreadful and that must be taken into account. I'm not sure if they put out a decent team but when Evans and Sinclair came on they made a difference. Had they started we could have been in for a very difficult time.

The only positive besides the win is it gave a taste for the youngsters as a team. Our seniors once again hardly helped the cause so all credit for what there is must go to the youngsters.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:20 am

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluearmy82 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Rog, I believe the Liverpool game will be on S4C, too :thumbup:

Seems they have an agreement to show the Welsh teams left in the competition, so it's a toss up between Liverpool v Cardiff City or, uhm, uhm...

Liverpool v Cardiff City it is, then...! ;) :laughing6: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Didn't know about the English language version of S4C though; and that will mean more Bluebirds will be able to watch the game... :occasion5:

Hi Chris, I dont normally have any problem watching city, but as it was not a league game I had a problem, cheers for the info :ayatollah: