Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Surely we are due a win over Liverpool in the cup

Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:37 pm

We have lost big cup ties to Liverpool in the last few years we lost at Wembley in a penalty shoot out in the league cup final and a few years earlier we lost to one to Liverpool in the league cup on a Tuesday night when we had the whole of the Anfield road end that was a close game that night I think Gerard got the winner right at the end surly it’s our time to put one over on them

Re: Surely we are due a win over Liverpool in the cup

Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:48 pm

The problem is these South Wales Derbies can be unpredictable.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:50 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:We have lost big cup ties to Liverpool in the last few years we lost at Wembley in a penalty shoot out in the league cup final and a few years earlier we lost to one to Liverpool in the league cup on a Tuesday night when we had the whole of the Anfield road end that was a close game that night I think Gerard got the winner right at the end surly it’s our time to put one over on them

I'd love us to win, but we got no chance

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:59 pm

Agreed we are much weaker than the last time we played them

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The problem is these South Wales Derbies can be unpredictable.

Hahaha

Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:33 pm

skiprat wrote:Agreed we are much weaker than the last time we played them

I would say that of all the times we have played them recently (League Cup Final and earlier round, four Premier League games) we have now got by far our weakest squad.

If they put out their complete Under 23 team I think we could struggle.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:45 pm

More to the point, there's a pretty strong argument to say that Liverpool are a lot better nowadays :o :lol:

Mind you, if Mane and Sala are on ACON duty we only have to worry about Firmino, Jota and Origi :oops: :laughing5:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:29 pm

davids wrote:

I would say that of all the times we have played them recently (League Cup Final and earlier round, four Premier League games) we have now got by far our weakest squad.

If they put out their complete Under 23 team I think we could struggle.

I agree we are far weaker these day than we where in those days we had a much stronger outfit and we took Liverpool all the way in those cup ties

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:15 am

piledriver64 wrote:

More to the point, there's a pretty strong argument to say that Liverpool are a lot better nowadays :o :lol:

Mind you, if Mane and Sala are on ACON duty we only have to worry about Firmino, Jota and Origi :oops: :laughing5:

Flint will do them for pace and technical ability :old: :D :bluebird: