Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chester City FC:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:04 pm

Chester FC postpone home clash and explore legal advice as row over Covid rules continues

The English club were previously told they may have been in breach of Welsh Covid regulations due to the location of their Deva Stadium home, which straddles the border.

Re: Chester City FC:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Chester FC postpone home clash and explore legal advice as row over Covid rules continues

The English club were previously told they may have been in breach of Welsh Covid regulations due to the location of their Deva Stadium home, which straddles the border.

Apparently the stadium offices are in England, the local English council own and maintain the stadium and the English online police the games the welsh government are being petty as f**k.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Chester FC postpone home clash and explore legal advice as row over Covid rules continues

Apparently the stadium offices are in England, the local English council own and maintain the stadium and the English online police the games the welsh government are being petty as f**k.

I read the same Wez :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:02 pm

I wonder who brought the situation to the WAG's attention in the first place nearly 2 weeks after the first game? :sad7:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Yeah I know but its not stopping me calling my Chester mate a Trog because that is what he refers us Welsh as.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:44 pm

Whatever our opinions on the current rules put out by WAG, if WE have to adhere to them then so do the stands at the stadium that are in Wales.

They made a big point back in 1992 when they built it that, the club office and front door had a Chester postcode and this was enough to make it an English club / ground. However they also probably liked how cheap the land was just over the border.

Every single seat in every stand is in Flintshire as are many of the rooms in the main stand.

They were very adamant that they didn't want a Welsh address.