Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

NEW SIGNING: WHY I SIGNED FOR THE BLUEBIRDS

Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:49 am

Cody Drameh makes transfer admission involving Leeds United
By Chris Thorpe 13 January 2022, 6:40

New Cardiff City signing Cody Drameh has stated that he was attracted to the club by the Bluebirds’ eagerness to sign him this month.

The 20-year-old yesterday completed a loan move to the Cardiff City Stadium until the end of the current campaign, thus providing himself with a real chance of playing some first team football away from the confines of Elland Road.

Drameh originally joined the Whites from Fulham back in the summer of 2020 but has struggled to gain any sort of chance at first team level under Marcelo Bielsa and as a result was seemingly keen to head out on a temporary basis.

Speaking after completing his move to the Sky Bet Championship club, the full back was quick to state the following:

I wanted to join because Cardiff City is a great club, first of all. From the first minute that we were linked, they showed a real eagerness to get me in, which as a player is always great to hear.

“Everybody at the club seems to be really together, so hopefully I can be a part of that.

“I’m looking forward to showing people what I can bring to the table
.”

Drameh has gone on to make three league appearances for Leeds this season, whilst also being handed opportunities to impress in both the Carabao and FA Cups.

The 20-year-old will now be aiming to nail down a starting spot under Steve Morison in South Wales.

The Verdict

This is a good move for the defender on paper and he will be joining a Cardiff side who also have a lot to prove as a collective after making an overly poor start to the season so far.

Bringing in some more players this month was certainly something that Morison wanted to do and in the shape of Drameh they have added someone who can be a real asset moving forwards.

He will be keen to nail down a starting spot and should offer himself as a good outlet for attacks down the flank, alongside sticking to his usual defensive responsibilities.

This move is pretty low risk but at the same time the Bluebirds will be expecting big things from their new full back.
Attachments
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 3989 times

Re: NEW SIGNING: WHY I SIGNED FOR THE BLUEBIRDS

Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:40 am

Before Morison was appointed the majority of us were keen for him to finally create an identity throughout the club. I wondered if he would be able to stick to the "developing youth" and more of a passing team approach if things got a bit tense but, to be fair, this loan signing fits in with that so well done Morison for sticking to that philosophy.

I don't know enough about Drameh to comment on whether he'll be good for us but I'll certainly back Morison for sticking to his guns. From the little I have read about Drameh it appears that Morison is also trying to address the lack of pace in the squad which, again, is the way to go for me.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:50 am

Not sure what to make about this loan signing The player lacks experience with only 3 first team games in the Premier League and Leeds happy to loan him out when they have defensive injuries .
In our current position i thought we may have gone for a little more experience as a loan signing However I am sure money is probably the issue in that department
If this was a signing for the long term then i would be happier

Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:36 pm

Hmmmm cup tied?
Anyway, welcome lad and good luck. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:28 pm

Morison obviously signed him for a reason - I guess he knows he can play the way he wants to develop.
Should be an interesting couple of home games once Drakefraud decides Welsh covid is not as bad as the English covid - and opens up - like the rest of England
Post a reply