Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My View: Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn : Are a team

Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:52 pm

MY VIEW:

Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn :

Are a team that I respect . Typical Mowbray there are no airs about them - they keep their head low and go about their business resolutely and efficiently.

They are A TEAM in the sense that they will work very hard and play as one unit . There are no stars . They are a young team (I am almost certain that their starting 11 will be younger than us).

They have no outstanding strikers and their forwards are very mobile and will run at our defense (we don’t particularly like this)….. so we have to be aware. Even though they have no very high scoring striker as a team they do score more than most top teams.

If we match them for effort and have the stamina for 90 minutes we can get something . If we turn off for a while ….. they will punish us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: My View: Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn : Are a

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:20 pm

Disagree with the "no outstanding strikers bit", I think Brereton Diaz is a great player and will go on to do well at a higher level. He is only 22 and has 20 goals already this season.
They will be tough to beat but keeping him quiet (not an easy task) will give us a far better chance for sure.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:27 pm

I disagree that there's no stars but agree with the rest of it.

Brereton Diaz is a top class player who will go on to play in the Premier League. Don't forget he's also an international for Chile and has scored for them.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:13 pm

I agree with you . Sure Brereton - Diaz will be a very good striker who will probably make the Premiere League. However , at this point in time he is “thereabouts’ but not yet there. He scores - absolutely he does - but he is not yet prolific. Blackburn score lots but it is spread across the team.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:I agree with you . Sure Brereton - Diaz will be a very good striker who will probably make the Premiere League. However , at this point in time he is “thereabouts’ but not yet there. He scores - absolutely he does - but he is not yet prolific. Blackburn score lots but it is spread across the team.

I’d say 20 goals in 25 goals is pretty prolific also considering Blackburn have scored 43 goals he’s scored just under half of those goals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:28 pm

Its going to take some for us to get something out of this game.

Mowbray is a good manager and with the right squad he can do well, specially in this league. Although every game is a test for us this one must be right up the top.