Worst home record in the entire league

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Ninian27 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:37 am

And Morison had to take some respect in this as do the board

We've now played 12 games at home in the league this season. We're currently bottom of the 'home' league table with a dreadful 7 points from 12 games. This is how we compare with all 4 divisions:

Gillingham (bottom of League 1) - 9 points
Oldham Athletic (bottom of League 2) - 8 points
Cardiff City - 7 points.

Both Burnley and Watford have 7 points but have played fewer games than Cardiff City.

How does our form compare with previous Cardiff City seasons?
Ninian27

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Worst home record in the entire league

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 pm

But were playing the kids and putting our house in order....

If anyone really thinks this year is a one off, or think that anything will actually change next year, or the year after, or the year after that with this regime in charge is deluded.

Think there is a plan in place?? Ludicrous! The only plan in place is to take us down the leagues let us rot, and watch from a distance as it happens.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:19 pm

Barclay1 wrote:But were playing the kids and putting our house in order....

If anyone really thinks this year is a one off, or think that anything will actually change next year, or the year after, or the year after that with this regime in charge is deluded.

Think there is a plan in place?? Ludicrous! The only plan in place is to take us down the leagues let us rot, and watch from a distance as it happens.

Cheers Nostradamus. Can you give me a few lottery numbers please mate? :thumbup:
Seriously, do you honestly think that letting us rot would be a good way for the ‘regime’ to get some cash back for what’s been put in?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Cheers Nostradamus. Can you give me a few lottery numbers please mate? :thumbup:
Seriously, do you honestly think that letting us rot would be a good way for the ‘regime’ to get some cash back for what’s been put in?

Unfortunately 62r, this one does!!
Hmmmmm derby stoke brizzle reading and a few more?? Would you rather he splashed more cash? ( silly question for you)and we end up like these teams???? Never have a positive word to say, is pushing it for the likes of yourself.
bluesince62

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:48 pm

Don't want to splash the cash no. But I'd like a little money at least to be made available. I'd like a squad big enough to cope. I'd like a bit of quality in the team. I'd like the club to give us a little hope.

Not asking for multi millions, although a lot of clubs through and following the pandemic have spent more than adequate sums and are not struggling.

Don't tell me the 'regime' were not aware their plans would mean we would struggle significantly.

I will reiterate, and I'm sure that you will ha e to agree. If the leadership cannot cope, or cannot continue or are not able or willing to make us at least competitive, they should have listened to one of the offers that were put in for our club.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Canton104 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:56 pm

I have to agree with Barclay. There’s no master plan they’re just making it up as they go along.Tan and Co have no idea how to run a club.
Canton104

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:45 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Cheers, that made me laugh, Andrew...! :thumbup: :lol: :clap:

If there's one thing you can say about Barclay1, he is consistent...

Consistent in his doing down the club/owner at every turn

Consistent in his profound negativity

Consistent in his 'Tan's fault regardless' rhetoric

Consistent in his inability to even attempt to understand what's really going on (now not in the past)

Consistent in his being influenced by certain 'others' in forming many of his opinions

Let's look at it sensibly; he cannot/does not know anymore than anyone else on this Forum about the machinations of this club, yet he states them as fact that (to date) he has never backed up with clear evidence. So where does get his info? :?

I'm not knocking the guy; just his inane posts that make him look like he doesn't really support the club (which I actually know he does) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:48 pm

Canton104 wrote:I have to agree with Barclay. There’s no master plan they’re just making it up as they go along.Tan and Co have no idea how to run a club.

Of course you would (agree); you're on the same negative wavelength

The difference is I know Barclay1 is a supporter deep down; but I'm not sure about you reading most of your posts

Is there ANYTHING you like about the club you claim to be a supporter of...? :? :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby castleblue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:53 pm

Well in all the years I've been watching the City losing 11 homes games in a season has been the worst, 1985/86 in the Durban years we lost 11 as we did a few seasons back in the PL. Yesterday was our 9th home defeat of the season with 11 home matches left.

For me it's nailed on we will lose more homes games this season than any other season in my nearly 60 years watching the City, we will also probably have our worst final league position since we returned to this level, currently 16th in 2004/05.

Who is to blame? Owners, managers players ALL carry responsibility in my opinion but for us fans it is what it is sadly.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:22 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Cheers, that made me laugh, Andrew...! :thumbup: :lol: :clap:

If there's one thing you can say about Barclay1, he is consistent...

Consistent in his doing down the club/owner at every turn

Consistent in his profound negativity

Consistent in his 'Tan's fault regardless' rhetoric

Consistent in his inability to even attempt to understand what's really going on (now not in the past)

Consistent in his being influenced by certain 'others' in forming many of his opinions

Let's look at it sensibly; he cannot/does not know anymore than anyone else on this Forum about the machinations of this club, yet he states them as fact that (to date) he has never backed up with clear evidence. So where does get his info? :?

I'm not knocking the guy; just his inane posts that make him look like he doesn't really support the club (which I actually know he does) :ayatollah:

And this made me smile also!

You use the word ‘inane posts’ and your spot on but I think a better word would be naive. This guys knows zilch about the financial situation, the huge costs and losses of running the club.

A few years ago there was this old guy with a face like he was chewing a wasp sat a few rows in front of me in the Ninian stand. He used to moan about every pass, corner, run everything. Constantly.
I remember once when he was moaning about something we went on and scored. I didn’t look at the celebrations for once I just stared at him. Everybody had stood and cheered and clapped while he just sat there with a face like a smacked arse!

It could only be one person couldn’t it? :lol: :lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:31 pm

Canton104 wrote:I have to agree with Barclay. There’s no master plan they’re just making it up as they go along.Tan and Co have no idea how to run a club.

I to agree with Barclay and agree with you.

Sadly it’s shocking what’s happening and the local media keep praising the board.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:33 pm

castleblue wrote:Well in all the years I've been watching the City losing 11 homes games in a season has been the worst, 1985/86 in the Durban years we lost 11 as we did a few seasons back in the PL. Yesterday was our 9th home defeat of the season with 11 home matches left.

For me it's nailed on we will lose more homes games this season than any other season in my nearly 60 years watching the City, we will also probably have our worst final league position since we returned to this level, currently 16th in 2004/05.

Who is to blame? Owners, managers players ALL carry responsibility in my opinion but for us fans it is what it is sadly.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary,

I was their for everyone of those Durban matches by far the worst I have ever seen us, please let’s not end up like those days :cry: :cry: :notworthy:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Canton104 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly it’s shocking what’s happening and the local media keep praising the board.

What out Annis . Sven might start claiming you’re not a real fan.
Canton104

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:36 pm

So if we manage to stay up this season does anyone have a plan for next season or will it be another relegation battle and so on. We need a road map to succeed or is it just roll the dice every season. I don't think Tan has a long-term plan for CCFC anymore and it's a case of waiting for a offer that suits him. Just my opinion.
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby fred keenor » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:58 pm

Whatever Tans plan was for our club, im sure it was not league 1 with a dwindling fan base.
The way it is going , there is every chance we end up there next season or the season after without significant team strengthening.
fred keenor

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Your 2021/22 #SkyBetChampionship.

JANUARY 2022

UPDATED:

‘’Derby County 21 points deducted / Fighting every week

‘Reading 6 points deducted and fighting for every point.
Attachments
CE9ED17C-260A-435E-905E-5669E702B76D.jpeg
CE9ED17C-260A-435E-905E-5669E702B76D.jpeg (112.74 KiB) Viewed 4089 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sam ReaN » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:46 pm

We are still in transition with bringing in youngsters. So might take a while before we get to our best but we will get easier games ahead.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:36 pm

Canton104 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Firstly, it's 'Watch out, Annis', Canton104 ;)

Secondly, do you actually 'know' Annis or have you actually read his many thousands of posts on here...? :?

If you had, you would realise that he is a passionate supporter with his own opinions and a depth of knowledge regarding the club

I occasionally don't agree with him but the respect for each others views is constant and he knows I will usually 'do the right thing' for the Forum at large

As I said to you elsewhere, don't confuse my opinions as a poster with my other role. That's the weak thing to do...

We work bloody hard behind the scenes but I don't expect you to understand that, as it would involve you having to 'think' in new ways... ;) :|
Sven

Postby Canton104 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:20 pm

Sven wrote:
Canton104 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Secondly, do you actually 'know' Annis or have you actually read his many thousands of posts on here...? :?

If you had, you would realise that he is a passionate supporter with his own opinions and a depth of knowledge regarding the club

I occasionally don't agree with him but the respect for each others views is constant and he knows I will usually 'do the right thing' for the Forum at large

As I said to you elsewhere, don't confuse my opinions as a poster with my other role. That's the weak thing to do...

We work bloody hard behind the scenes but I don't expect you to understand that, as it would involve you having to 'think' in new ways... ;) :|

Yeah your right. I don’t know him. Only been supporting since we been in the Prem. :lol:
Canton104

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:11 pm

Canton104 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Canton104 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah your right. I don’t know him. Only been supporting since we been in the Prem. :lol:

It was a question, not a statement, fella; which makes my point about you not understanding valid... ;)

If, and again I don't know, you were a pre-Premier League attendee, then you should know better with some of the rubbish you spout

Equally, I never actually said you or anyone else was wrong in your/their assumption the owner and his cohorts have (quote) "no idea how to run a club" but given his background in business, I tend to think you mix up 'business' with your own often unrealistic 'expectations' of us being the new Man City

Just my opinion, of course; but a considered and researched one... ;)
Sven

Postby Danny Says » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:23 pm

Forest next up; bet they can’t wait.
Any away team must think it’s xmas coming to cardiff. Just get an early goal and that’ll do for an easy 3 points.

Ps Huddersfield and Millwall must be kicking themselves for missing out :roll:
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:40 pm

Danny Says wrote:Forest next up; bet they can’t wait.
Any away team must think it’s xmas coming to cardiff. Just get an early goal and that’ll do for an easy 3 points.

Going to be a tough game against (a huge 'miss' for us) Steve Cooper's rapidly improving Forest

The good news is we'll be there (supporters) and we need to get behind the team (hopefully with further additions) from the off

Why else would we turn up...? :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:51 pm

Sven wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Forest next up; bet they can’t wait.

Going to be a tough game against (a huge 'miss' for us) Steve Cooper's rapidly improving Forest

The good news is we'll be there (supporters) and we need to get behind the team (hopefully with further additions) from the off

Why else would we turn up...? :thumbup: :ayatollah:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:31 am

Other clubs financial woes often cited as a means of making our position seem comparably better.

Derby, Reading and Bristol City have all spent big but failed to make Premier League. Since Reading were last there, we've been there twice. With all the financial windfalls that and parachute payments bring we really should not be in the same bother as them. It doesn't look as if we are and let's hope it stays that way.

The lack of home points is a real worry moving into second half of season.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby semmy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:21 pm

I'm blaming Brexit !!!
semmy

Return to General Chat