YESTERDAY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YESTERDAY

Postby Igovernor » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:21 pm

All our troubles seemed so far away! I just hope they are not here to stay. :laughing5:
Best performance for a while and yet we still lost. If we can score goals and not let in silly ones then we should be ok. Easier said than done.
I know that is an obvious statement from me, but it is not rocket science, but from being an excellent defence we have become diabolical. I mean to say letting their forward run at us and keep back pedaling we are doing it all the time, just what is Mark Hudson doing?
To clarify is it because he he doing his best with what we have got or is he just not up to the job.

To get to yesterdays match
we played real good but with no end product. to put it into perspctive, Norwich have been playing real good football all season but only yesterday moved off the bottom of the premier but could not score to save their lives, before yesterday :laughing6:
I think the biggest problem we have is we cannot score, even if the defence lets a goal in if we put two past the oposition we win :banghead:
I really cannot see how Blackburn are Joint second, because they look like an average championship side, so what does that say about us?

There have been lots posted on here about yesterdays match so what Sven posted covers it all.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225698

I am not being lazy here but there is not much more I can say about yesterdays result, but what I will say is I have been told that we are actively chasing 5 players, if we get most of them then I will be a lot more upbeat about our chances of staying in the Championship :thumbup:
Igovernor

YESTERDAY

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: YESTERDAY

Postby bluebird7291 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:55 pm

West brom and yesterday for me shows we are an almost team. Which isn't a bad thing, we need 2 players for me to make it click (the way we are playing) a CDM who is willing to put a shift in but more importantly a attacking minded midfielder. That is key for us. If we have this yesterday, we'd have won.
bluebird7291

Postby Blue78 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:32 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:West brom and yesterday for me shows we are an almost team. Which isn't a bad thing, we need 2 players for me to make it click (the way we are playing) a CDM who is willing to put a shift in but more importantly a attacking minded midfielder. That is key for us. If we have this yesterday, we'd have won.

That why Colwill or Sang has to start for me - give them a chance in the middle from the off. Not 15 minutes at the end stuck out on a wing.

We are at the point that we have to start trying to win games.

Imagine Lee Tomlin in this team…could have made a huge difference fitness permitting.
Blue78

Postby bluebird7291 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:57 pm

Blue78 wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:West brom and yesterday for me shows we are an almost team. Which isn't a bad thing, we need 2 players for me to make it click (the way we are playing) a CDM who is willing to put a shift in but more importantly a attacking minded midfielder. That is key for us. If we have this yesterday, we'd have won.

That why Colwill or Sang has to start for me - give them a chance in the middle from the off. Not 15 minutes at the end stuck out on a wing.

We are at the point that we have to start trying to win games.

Imagine Lee Tomlin in this team…could have made a huge difference fitness permitting.

Couldn't agree more
bluebird7291

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:01 pm

I'll go as far as to say another striker! As s even when we are creating chances, moore & collins have missed far more than they have scored, glatzel since getting the boot from mick, is averaging 1 in 2 in bundesliga 2.which imho is a pretty good level of football, too late, we sold him for a fifth of what we paid for him!
bluesince62

Return to General Chat