Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wolves defender Dion Sanderson will be sent out on loan

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:24 pm

Wolves defender Dion Sanderson will be sent out on loan again this month, as the club weigh up enquiries for youngster after he caught the eye at Cardiff, Sunderland and Birmingham

Re: Wolves defender Dion Sanderson will be sent out on loan

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:12 pm

To us i hope. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wolves defender Dion Sanderson will be sent out on loan again this month, as the club weigh up enquiries for youngster after he caught the eye at Cardiff, Sunderland and Birmingham

Let's get him back

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:22 pm

I'd have him back. Think he'd be decent as 1 of 3 CBs in a back 5. Could also cover a wingback.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 pm

I'd like him back here 100%

I'm not sure we should be spending all of this (extremely limited) budget on 3 defenders though - Drameh, Giles' return and Sanderson ?

I'd love us to get a capable number 10 tbh

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:26 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I'd like him back here 100%

I'm not sure we should be spending all of this (extremely limited) budget on 3 defenders though - Drameh, Giles' return and Sanderson ?

I'd love us to get a capable number 10 tbh

Agee

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:36 am

Controversial opinion clearly but I didn't think he was that great. I can't remember any goals or assists and he was caught out of position quite a bit. He is an alright defender and will no doubt improve but I wouldn't say he is currently any better than what we have already. I would much prefer any money we have to go towards loaning a playmaker/striker and hopefully on Ryan Giles coming back too. This would be wasted money on Sanderson.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 am

I think a few people are missing the point.

Morison clearly wants to play a passing/possession game but the weakness is that he currently has 4 centre backs to choose from and three of them (Morrison, Flint and Nelson) struggle to do that and that's where it all slows down.

McGuinness is much more comfortable on the ball and they need another 2/3 centre backs of the same ilk. Sanderson has been playing centre back and can certainly pass the ball so he would fit the current system much better.

Don't underestimate how important it is for us to have players at the back who can move the ball quickly and accurately, everything starts from them and the keeper and until we resolve that Morison will be slightly hamstrung in how we play.

All that said, I don't think we'll properly get this sorted until the summer (when players are out of contract) and would be surprised if we're even considering Sanderson at the moment.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:43 am

CantonStandBob wrote:Controversial opinion clearly but I didn't think he was that great. I can't remember any goals or assists and he was caught out of position quite a bit. He is an alright defender and will no doubt improve but I wouldn't say he is currently any better than what we have already. I would much prefer any money we have to go towards loaning a playmaker/striker and hopefully on Ryan Giles coming back too. This would be wasted money on Sanderson.

Wasn't with us long but I seem to remember an assist for Paterson at Barnsley and an assist for Ralls at Preston. Could be more but my memory is terrible :old:

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 am

moonboots wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:Controversial opinion clearly but I didn't think he was that great. I can't remember any goals or assists and he was caught out of position quite a bit. He is an alright defender and will no doubt improve but I wouldn't say he is currently any better than what we have already. I would much prefer any money we have to go towards loaning a playmaker/striker and hopefully on Ryan Giles coming back too. This would be wasted money on Sanderson.

Wasn't with us long but I seem to remember an assist for Paterson at Barnsley and an assist for Ralls at Preston. Could be more but my memory is terrible :old:

Clearly not as terrible as mine haha. If we hadn't signed Drameh I would gladly take him back but I think the funds need to go towards attacking players now to actually get us some goals.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 am

CantonStandBob wrote:
moonboots wrote:

Clearly not as terrible as mine haha. If we hadn't signed Drameh I would gladly take him back but I think the funds need to go towards attacking players now to actually get us some goals.

I know what you're saying but I'd take him back as the lad has good pace and can bring the ball out of defence and start attacks. Having said that I don't think we're after him and I agree with you that we need another striker. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:53 am

moonboots wrote:

The Barnsley assist was a terrific pass as well. Immediately after our first goal as well.