Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ' FRIDAY 21ST JANUARY 2021 '

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:28 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ STEVE MORISON TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Friday 21st January 2022

Steve Morison:

Kieffer unavailable but Watters in contention for this weekend, along with new boy Tommy Doyle.

STEVE MORISON:

Ryan Giles an option?

"We have not ruled him out returning,If anything happens on that front it’ll be next week."

Steve Morison

STEVE MORISON:

Squad all OK? New injuries?

No nothing new, all good as we stand.

What can Doyle bring?

He can bring quality. He’s got a really good pedigree. He’s really good at set plays, which is a strength of ours.

He is an excellent footballer, Man City don’t produce bad footballers.

He’s never played in the Championship so it’s one we are hopeful he can step up to the level and add something to our team.

Steve Morison

:bluebird:

Steve Morison:

“Tommy Doyle is one of the players I have been watching for a while, I wanted him, a lot of negotiations went on behind the scenes and we had to be patient.”

“ Now we need to get the lad match fit and I know he will add a lot to this team.”

“If they don’t give the performances I expect from them, I will look to bring others in, I know money is tight, but I am looking to bring in two more loan players as soon as I can.”

‘ READ ALL STEVE MORISON’S UPDATES BELOW ‘ :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE MORISON:

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:32 am

STEVE MORISON:

Looking forward to derby?

Of course! They add a bit of extra spice to the games. We sold out our end, we do that every week!

It’s just about controlling your emotions on the day and making sure you do your job.

Steve Morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:34 am

Up and coming fixtures:

Sat Jan 22 Bristol City A 12:30pm :bluebird:

:bluebird: Sunday Jan 29 4pm Cardiff City Nottingham Forest live on Sky , City will get £150,000 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tuesday Feb 2 Barnsley v Cardiff City

Sunday 12pm Feb 6 FACUP 4th Rd Liverpool v Cardiff City Worth up to £300,000 ( already had £90,000)

Wednesday Feb 9 Cardiff City v Peterborough United

Sat Feb 12 Millwall A

Sat Feb 19 Blackpool H
Wed Feb 23 Huddersfield Town A
Sat Feb 26 Fulham H

JANUARY 2022

UPDATED:

‘’Derby County 21 points deducted / Fighting every week

‘Reading 6 points deducted and fighting for every point.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:46 am

STEVE MORISON:

Any derbies that stood out to you?

Loads! Leeds, Norwich and Millwall, especially at Leeds it feels like a derby every other week!

Norwich at Ipswich, then at Millwall you’ve got Charlton, West Ham games. Some huge games.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:51 am

STEVE MORISON:

Fans can return now?

That’s great but it’s a week away. Let’s concentrate on Bristol City then we can look at Nottingham Forest.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:52 am

STEVE MORISON:

Too early to look at the table?

It’s the next game! So it’s the most important game. We can only worry about this one, we can’t worry about Forest.

We need to win as many games as we can and we start Saturday.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:57 am

STEVE MORISON:

Performances are getting there, how have you assessed the team’s progress?

The performance was decent on Saturday, but the reality is it needs to be improved.

You do two parts of it well and we need to finish it off.

We need to improve the amount of goals we’ve scored. We’ll be looking to score as many as we can and not give up many chances, like we have done in recent games.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:57 am

STEVE MORISON:

What are Cardiff missing in attack?

Putting the ball in the back of the net!

We’ve got players who have scored a few goals. We haven’t got a group of players who have got a history of Championship-level goalscoring records.

We can’t call on Kieffer at the minute, James Collins has scored goals previously but not managed that many this year.

Isaak and Mark Harris are still new to the Championship, so haven’t got that prolific reputation behind them.

Max has done well at League Two and League One but hasn’t done it in the Championship.

If we can get better quality chances hopefully they can take them.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 am

STEVE MORISON:

How difficult is it not to put pressure on players, speaking bluntly etc?

I get I maybe too honest at times, with you guys.

But the reality is, the top end of the pitch is the most pressurised place in the game.

The best players, the most highly-paid players, they’re all at the top end of the pitch. They’ve got to put the ball in the back of the net.

For me, the pressure is on them. They’ve got to score goals, I can’t do it.

That’s the reality of football.

When you start off at eight years old, as a striker, you are signing up to being the most pressurised player on the pitch. If you can’t deal with it you won’t do it forever.

You’ll have the length of your contract and then get cut adrift because people won’t give you the opportunity to keep trying to do it.

There is pressure to put the ball in the back of the net.

There is pressure on you guys to write, me from my bosses and the strikers to put the ball in the back of the net.

Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do, that’s why they get paid the most money.

I say it because when I’m asked the question after the game, all I’ve done is repeat what I’ve said to them.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 am

STEVE MORISON:

How did you feel when you didn’t score?

It depends what your mentality is like.

It bothered me when I wasn’t getting chances, but not when I wasn’t scoring.

I scored one in 24 games for Millwall after joining from Stevenage. I had a video nasty from Kenny Jackett, he kept putting me out there and then I scored 23 in the second half of the season and we got promoted.

It was a tale of two halves, a shift in mentality and someone showing me what I shouldn’t be doing.

Now the game has moved on, we can go into a lot more detail with these players.

My strikers weren’t in the box enough, now there are no excuses. Those conversations will be had and they’ve been shown.

The team I pick on Saturday will hopefully reflect on the pitch.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:04 am

STEVE MORISON:

Sent video nasties around this week?

You don’t need to do that nowadays. It’s out there to see. We didn’t even have GPS then!

It’s a continuation of development and progression. It’s accessible, you can go through it at half-time, it’s a different world!

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:05 am

STEVE MORISON:

On Isaak Davies

I know I made a mistake by using the word hindrance, that’s what everyone is focusing on. I get that.

The reality was he wasn’t good enough for that half an hour and we then went through why. Then we went through the West Brom stuff and there were moments in that where we needed to be better and we showed that.

I get that all I did was repeat what I said to him in the dressing room.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:38 am

STEVE MORISON:

Want to get business done early?

Yeah you want to get it done early. You don’t want to be sitting up until midnight on deadline day.

We like to plan, work, if there is anymore we hope to get it done as soon as possible.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:38 am

STEVE MORISON:

Ryan Giles an option?

"If he’s not gone on loan he is a possibility to everyone in the league. He’s not here, so we’ve done Cody and Tommy.

We’ve got other things we are hopeful of.

Ryan Giles and players who are in and around the first team at their current teams, it won’t happen until next week, where they can assess their squad."

"We have not ruled him out returning,If anything happens on that front it’ll be next week."

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:39 pm

Steve Morison: “He’s someone we earmarked and somebody we believe can really help us, so we’re really pleased to get it over the line.

“I’ve had really good reports. He has captained at every youth level with England and did the same with Manchester City. He comes from a family of football legends as well. We’ve been entrusted by Man City to take one of their players and get him some experience. It works well for both parties.

“He’s an excellent player and one I think the fans will really enjoy watching.”

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:55 am

Steve Morison:

“Tommy Doyle is one of the players I have been watching for a while, I wanted him, a lot of negotiations went on behind the scenes and we had to be patient.”

“ Now we need to get the lad match fit and I know he will add a lot to this team.”

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:11 am

Q. What's the long-term plan for Tommy Doyle ?

Does he realistically have a future at the Etihad?

Joe Bray ( Manchester reporter):

JB : I think of all the players coming through he's one of those with more of a chance, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

I think one of the reasons they sent him out on loan was that he'd completely outgrown youth football and so he needed first-team experience.

I would imagine that if he's going to Cardiff, he's going there to play. City will likely see what happens after that.

He's not there yet, but he's certainly one of those ear-marked for first-team potential.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:18 am

STEVE MORISON:

“He’s somebody we believe can really help us, so we’re really pleased to get it over the line.

“He’s an excellent player and one I think the fans will really enjoy watching.”

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:59 am

STEVE MORISON:

Squad all OK? New injuries?

No nothing new, all good as we stand.

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ' FRIDAY 21ST JANUARY 2021 '

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:16 am

What can Doyle bring?

He can bring quality. He’s got a really good pedigree. He’s really good at set plays, which is a strength of ours.

He is an excellent footballer, Man City don’t produce bad footballers.

He’s never played in the Championship so it’s one we are hopeful he can step up to the level and add something to our team.

Steve Morison

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:35 pm

Steve Morison on criticism;

‘I get I’m maybe too honest at times with you guys, but the reality is, the top end of the pitch is the most pressurised place in the game. There is pressure on you guys to write, me from my bosses and the strikers to put the ball in the back of the net.’

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:25 pm

Steve Morison:

Kieffer unavailable but Watters in contention for this weekend, along with new boy Tommy Doyle.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:07 am

STEVE MORISON:

Doyle not guaranteed games

Could we see new boy Tommy Doyle today?

Perhaps. Although Morison says there's no clause or agreement guaranteeing the Man City loanee game time, and he will have to prove he deserves a place in Morison's starting line-up.

"No. Often we have three in there and no-one has got an automatic right to play, not even Tommy," Morison said.

"There is nothing (in his contract) saying he has to play games of football - before people start thinking that.

"He has got to come in and earn his place on the training ground to start off with and he's got to perform, along with everyone else, and we will pick the best three.

"It's great. We are going into that period where there is going to be a big turnaround in players.

"A really good squad is all about its depth and being able to replace if needed to."