Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JAMES COLLINS:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:50 am

JAMES COLLINS:

Bristol City, one the players look forward?

Definitely. We look forward to every game but especially when it’s Bristol and a local derby. We know we need to be right at it to get a result.

James Collins

It’ll be a good game to score in?

Only 2 goals in 28 appearances for the Bluebirds

I hope so! There won’t be any better game than scoring away at Bristol.

As long as we win the game. The result is the most important thing at the minute.

James Collins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: JAMES COLLINS:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:52 am

Expecting decent travelling support, a lift today to hear fans can return?

Amazing! Away from home the fans have been outstanding this year and they have sold out their allocation for tomorrow which will be fantastic.

We need our fans. The last two games at home have been weird and not very enjoyable. To have them back against Forest will be amazing.

James Collins

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:52 am

Home form has been an issue, much of a disadvantage not having fans for those 2 home games?

I wouldn’t say you need it to get a lift, because we know it’s our job and we get paid to get results.

I don’t think we don’t try as hard, but when the fans are in the stadium, you get that lift or that buzz. It’s hard to put a finger on it. It’s certainly not as enjoyable without fans.

James Collins

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:53 am

You feel you’re playing yourself into a bit of form?

You could say that. I’ve felt my performances have been OK, maybe goals wise not as much as I would have hoped.

Playing in the team and in the structure and performances on the pitch I’m pleased with that.

James Collins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Drameh and Doyle coming in, are you excited about those additions?

Definitely. You see what Cody is all about against Blackburn, athletic, quick, good on the ball, likes a tackle.

Tommy has trained this week and he has been really good, he’s shown his qualities. For such a young lad, he’s very vocal and he’s very technical.

James Collins

Drameh and Doyle coming in, are you excited about those additions?

Definitely. You see what Cody is all about against Blackburn, athletic, quick, good on the ball, likes a tackle.

Tommy has trained this week and he has been really good, he’s shown his qualities. For such a young lad, he’s very vocal and he’s very technical.

James Collins

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:54 am

Five games without a win, what’s it going to take?

The back end of the season is always important. We know we need to start picking up results, we need points.

It’s down to us forward lads to get on the scoresheet and we need an away performance, stop their crowd.

We have got goals in the team, it's just that final bit now.

We need to make the chances count.

James Collins

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:54 am

Put pressure on the strike force when goals don’t come?

We are always under pressure to score goals as strikers, that’s what we’re judged on and rightly so.

We understand that and have been around the game long enough to know that. That’s the pressure you have to enjoy.

I’m sure we will get it right and we’ll certainly start banging them in soon.

James Collins

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:55 am

Blunt speaking from Steve Morison, you happy with that?

James Collins:

Yeah! I really like that about the new manager. Mick was as well, to be honest, he was very honest. There was no cutting corners.

He tells you what he thinks, he is honest with you and he will tell you.

My previous experience with managers is if they are honest with you, that’s fine with me. I’d rather be told.

That works perfectly for me.

James Collins

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:03 pm

Fans coming back, important timing?

This back end of the month and February is a really busy time.

I’d rather the fans not be allowed for the previous couple of weeks as opposed to the weeks coming up, we can have the fans behind us and pick up some much-needed results.

James Collins

When do you look at the table?

I always keep an eye on the table throughout the season.

I think you just got to forgot about the table and take it game by game to get as many results as you can.

We shouldn’t get too carried away with the table, there is a lot of football to be played. We need to maintain the performances of the last couple of weeks and turn it into results.

James Collins

Record against Bristol City?

We beat Bristol twice at Luton. I scored at Ashton Gate in a 3-2 win, so I’ve got a good record!

James Collins

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:When do you look at the table?

I always keep an eye on the table throughout the season.

I think you just got to forgot about the table and take it game by game to get as many results as you can.

We shouldn’t get too carried away with the table, there is a lot of football to be played. We need to maintain the performances of the last couple of weeks and turn it into results.

James Collins

Weird,he says"I always keep an eye on the table throughout the season " then GOES on to say " I think you just got to forget the table" ??? Which is it?

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:59 am

Its borh
They keep an eye on the table of course.

But when it comes to games, you should put it behind you snd play with no fear. Whether its WBrom, bristol, peterborough or Bournemouth etc.....

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:09 am

James Collins:

“It’s down to us as a team, and for us forward lads to go there, get on the scoresheet and put in a proper away performance, quieting the home crowd and stopping them in how they want to play.”