Are we going down?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are we going down?

Postby Blue26 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:11 pm

All well and good getting loans in but with our defense constantly leaking goals (Nelson majority of the time) will we go down?

We need to drop this back 3 formation it just isn't working at all.
Blue26

Are we going down?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Are we going down?

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:17 pm

I don't have any confidence we are going to stay up now.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bigmarkw » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:25 pm

We’ll stay up. Just.
Bigmarkw

Postby dazza » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:37 pm

Yes we are going down.

And if anyone thinks we will piss league 1 how long have Sunderland been trying to get out?

It will be years before we see championship football again.
dazza

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:40 pm

It'll go down to the wire, and we really need a firing Moore and Watters between now and the end of the season. Still plenty of football to be played, but we need to improve quickly.
JasonFowler1991

Postby CF11 Rondo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:43 pm

We’ll stay up just about. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
If you look at the form table since Morison started we’re 18th. If you compare fixture difficulties of the last 10 games (before today) we’ve had the 2nd hardest run of fixtures in the league. Only Bournemouth have had a harder run. In the next few weeks we face a few weaker teams, Peterborough, Blackpool and Barnsley. Those games will be the ones to determine if we stay up or not.
CF11 Rondo

Postby dazza » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:45 pm

CF11 Rondo wrote:We’ll stay up just about. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
If you look at the form table since Morison started we’re 18th. If you compare fixture difficulties of the last 10 games (before today) we’ve had the 2nd hardest run of fixtures in the league. Only Bournemouth have had a harder run. In the next few weeks we face a few weaker teams, Peterborough, Blackpool and Barnsley. Those games will be the ones to determine if we stay up or not.

Do you see us beating Peterborough, Blackpool, Barnsley and Derby? Because I don't at best I see us picking up 3 draws.
dazza

Postby Einstein » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:49 pm

He needs to start a different team... Pack???

I would go for:

Smithies
NG Morrison Nelson Dramah
Wintle
Doyle Ralls
Davies Sang/Bowen
Watters/Moore

We'll lose next week, February is the month that'll decide it, playing teams around us.

Personnally I think Isaac Davies has to be in the team, better than Colwell who I don't see does a lot but he's still young. I'd also bring Morrison back for the fight, but I'm guessing him and his namesake are not best buddies.
Einstein

Postby CF11 Rondo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:56 pm

dazza wrote:
CF11 Rondo wrote:We’ll stay up just about. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do you see us beating Peterborough, Blackpool, Barnsley and Derby? Because I don't at best I see us picking up 3 draws.

Barnsley yes, Peterborough at home maybe not but a draw means they don’t gain any ground on us.
CF11 Rondo

Postby Blue78 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:17 pm

Blue26 wrote:All well and good getting loans in but with our defense constantly leaking goals (Nelson majority of the time) will we go down?

Yes - in a word.
Blue78

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:43 pm

Table:
Attachments
E4802A20-326B-49F4-8E2E-D1071C23B180.jpeg
E4802A20-326B-49F4-8E2E-D1071C23B180.jpeg (254.68 KiB) Viewed 6291 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:56 pm

Yes, very likely and we deserve it too. This is the worst season in living memory. Next month will decide our fate as its the games against teams around us that count. I have now lost faith in Morison.He's changed the style but he hasn't sorted the defence and today we were second best.
EastleighBlue

Postby Abergavenny » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:01 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Yes, very likely and we deserve it too. This is the worst season in living memory. Next month will decide our fate as its the games against teams around us that count. I have now lost faith in Morison.He's changed the style but he hasn't sorted the defence and today we were second best.

You must be very young if you see this as the worst season in living memory or not supported city that long Not a good season but far from the worst season we have ever had
Abergavenny

Postby Blue78 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:04 pm

Blue26 wrote:All well and good getting loans in but with our defense constantly leaking goals (Nelson majority of the time) will we go down?

Yes - in a word.
Blue78

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:34 pm

Seems like we are to be honest
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Bonner » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:35 pm

don’t think we will
think we will get enough points
Barnsley and Derby going down, think last place for grabs will go to Reading.
Bonner

Postby GaerBlue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:51 pm

If Nelson, Pack and Harris continue to start the games and we continue to play this 5 at the back then yeah we will go down. It’s all good and we’ll adding players like Doyle, but when they have to play with league 1/2 players then it’s not going to work.

Why take a goal threat like McGuiness off and leave Nelson on? Collins scored our goal yet he keeps Harris on, who had one of his worst performances in a city shirt. He shirked out of tackles and didn’t want it at all today.
GaerBlue

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:17 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Yes, very likely and we deserve it too. This is the worst season in living memory. Next month will decide our fate as its the games against teams around us that count. I have now lost faith in Morison.He's changed the style but he hasn't sorted the defence and today we were second best.

I have seen a hell of alot worse. I guess you are young
boyo1927

Postby Sam ReaN » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:22 pm

Just
Level on points but with a better goal difference (slightly better)

But knowing our luck we play Derby away and loser will be relegated and that would be us.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:27 pm

I've thought that this was plausible, and a good possibility (relegation) since the start of the season,,,, and I still do, even more so now,,, but I can't help thinking that its going to take matters off the field, shortly to be concluded, that will hammer the final nail in CCFC's coffin.

God forbid, and I truly hope I'm wrong!
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:27 pm

No we are not
Bambasbestbuddy22

Postby dazza » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:09 pm

Local derby with Newport and a trip to Portsmouth. What could be better.
dazza

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:16 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
C76DACAC-8179-4C9D-9584-BE2CADD0728E.png
C76DACAC-8179-4C9D-9584-BE2CADD0728E.png (454.77 KiB) Viewed 4484 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 am

Abergavenny wrote:

You must be very young if you see this as the worst season in living memory or not supported city that long Not a good season but far from the worst season we have ever had

Agree. I remember being a few places off relegation from the old 4th division when Hibbit was in charge; plus the dreaded Durban years. :old:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby castleblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:34 am

We have 11 games against teams in the bottom half of the table and in my opinion if we are to save our Championship status that's 11 cup finals. 50 points is normally the safety point but I think it will be much lower this season maybe even as low as 42 because like us there are some teams which are also pants.

We need to win the majority of those 11 games to have ANY chance of staying up.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Danny Says » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:05 pm

It’s difficult to see where our next point is coming from let alone our next win.
We can’t rely on the teams below us to keep on losing as well.
First 2 games in Feb are Barnsley and Peterborough- they’ll be pivotal.
We do need Moore back and hopefully Giles and the abolition of the disastrous back 5 system.
Danny Says

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:12 pm

castleblue wrote:We have 11 games against teams in the bottom half of the table and in my opinion if we are to save our Championship status that's 11 cup finals. 50 points is normally the safety point but I think it will be much lower this season maybe even as low as 42 because like us there are some teams which are also pants.

We need to win the majority of those 11 games to have ANY chance of staying up.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I can't see us winning the majority of those games. Really cant.

We have Barnsley and Peterborough coming up soon. That will be pivotal to everything. Lets see.
Bakedalasker

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:57 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

Agree. I remember being a few places off relegation from the old 4th division when Hibbit was in charge; plus the dreaded Durban years. :old:

I have to agree, this season for me has been the worst in living memory. Its more than just the league position.

For the first time ever, this year, Ive simply not wanted to go to games, when we have lost there has been a resignation way before the final whistle.

Yes, we have been lower, but when has EVERYTHING gone sour all at once. Fury at the board, continuous poor appointments, no money, when there should be some, poor quality play, poor quality players, little effort,no communication, no excitement at things like pre season or transfer windows,dwindling crowds, poor home atmosphere... and being told expect more of the same next year.

Nobody at the club has a clue how to get a tune out of anyone else, board to manager, manager to players, players to crowd.

The only people playing their part are the crowd. I've done my fair share of away games. But if we do our bit, the regime will just assume we back their disastrous running of the club
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Abergavenny » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:04 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

I have to agree, this season for me has been the worst in living memory. Its more than just the league position.

For the first time ever, this year, Ive simply not wanted to go to games, when we have lost there has been a resignation way before the final whistle.

Yes, we have been lower, but when has EVERYTHING gone sour all at once. Fury at the board, continuous poor appointments, no money, when there should be some, poor quality play, poor quality players, little effort,no communication, no excitement at things like pre season or transfer windows,dwindling crowds, poor home atmosphere... and being told expect more of the same next year.

Nobody at the club has a clue how to get a tune out of anyone else, board to manager, manager to players, players to crowd.

The only people playing their part are the crowd. I've done my fair share of away games. But if we do our bit, the regime will just assume we back their disastrous running of the club

The Hibbitt and Neal years were far worse and had all the elements you have mentioned above Crowds down to under 3000 for games as well
Abergavenny

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:11 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

The Hibbitt and Neal years were far worse and had all the elements you have mentioned above Crowds down to under 3000 for games as well

Fair enough, but for me there was still a draw to get to the games, and the excitement that when the whistle first went, we were always in with a chance to win.

I remember the Osman, Neal, Hibbit days. Cadman, Durban, Graham Williams ( remember him), Jack Leonard trying to dismantle what the late Bob Grogan had built up.

Things, for me anyway, are worse now, because we expect, and shpuld expect more, having flirted with the Premier League.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Next

Return to General Chat