Updated:Ccfc and wurzels fighting in park

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ccfc and wurzels fighting in park

Postby skiprat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:11 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
J1927 wrote:
Jimmy Scoular wrote:What has always been my way of thinking on this if morons want to fight hire a facility a large factory unit for example and ask theses heroes to meet via mobiles et al and once agreed see how many turn up. Have local old bill to lock them in for 30 minutes. Most would shit themselves period. All I see are overage fat twats hopping up and down making pricks of themselves.
I watched CCFC in the late 60's when all this was starting and wondered as a kid what is all this about?

Absolutely and then leave the doors locked for good - hated it in the 70s and 80s and delayed me taking by boy to some games in the 90s just cos it wasn't worth it

Sure the culprits are in the pub or. McDonald's dependant on age bigging it up and planning their books of their amazing exploits

Yes these are some of the idiots who complain our crowds should be bigger but during 70/80 through their actions they kept a generation of potential supporters away from the club as parents would not take their kids I went to Rumney High and I was only one of a few in my whole year who ever went down to a game in the 80s and most cited the trouble was not worth it

Must have been the same all over the country not just a Cardiff thing as football crowds were small everywhere In the 1980s.
skiprat

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby skiprat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:18 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
J1927 wrote:
Jimmy Scoular wrote:What has always been my way of thinking on this if morons want to fight hire a facility a large factory unit for example and ask theses heroes to meet via mobiles et al and once agreed see how many turn up. Have local old bill to lock them in for 30 minutes. Most would shit themselves period. All I see are overage fat twats hopping up and down making pricks of themselves.
I watched CCFC in the late 60's when all this was starting and wondered as a kid what is all this about?

Absolutely and then leave the doors locked for good - hated it in the 70s and 80s and delayed me taking by boy to some games in the 90s just cos it wasn't worth it

Sure the culprits are in the pub or. McDonald's dependant on age bigging it up and planning their books of their amazing exploits

Yes these are some of the idiots who complain our crowds should be bigger but during 70/80 through their actions they kept a generation of potential supporters away from the club as parents would not take their kids I went to Rumney High and I was only one of a few in my whole year who ever went down to a game in the 80s and most cited the trouble was not worth it

Spot on mate. There’s generations of missed fans that could be regulars, I bribe you found the answer for why we struggle for a larger support.

Another excellent post.

Couldnt agree more, we have our own,who to a degree, bask in those days of citys "reputation " as a firm to be feared, yet wonder why any prospective big money buyer never turned up and bought us!!
Sadly, that reputation has followed the club, long after those days had gone, until 1st sam( who thrived on the rep of bad boy club) and then tan( who is polar opposite) so in my eyes, with our reputation, we have been very lucky, to find two who were prepared to have a go( one still trying imho)
This idiotic behaviour, along with kicking the toilets head in, will cost us both in money, and in the press no doubt, we will get the usual headlines!!
NICE ONE MORONS! YOU HAVE PROBABLY CREATED ANOTHER BUBBLE SCENARIO FOR THOSE WHO JUST WANT TO SUPPORT THE CLUB! F@CKING IDIOTS, EACH AND EVER ONE OF THEM.
And anyone who supports this behaviour are idiots too.grow the f@ck up, try martial arts if you want to take your agresdion out.

I wouldn't worry we are in free fall can't see us playing them for years.
skiprat

Postby CF11 Rondo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:18 pm

skiprat wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
J1927 wrote:

Must have been the same all over the country not just a Cardiff thing as football crowds were small everywhere In the 1980s.

We definitely have a reputation as being one of the worst clubs for hooliganism and it’s a reputation that still hinders our club today. On the Wikipedia article about football hooliganism in the UK, we’re mentioned by name “Cardiff City whose hooligan element, known as the Soul Crew, is one of the most infamous football hooligan firms.”
CF11 Rondo

Postby New Day Rising » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:30 pm

neilst wrote:Wish our players had the same fight

Maybe the video should be played in the dressing room before each match .
New Day Rising

Re: Updated:Ccfc and wurzels fighting in park

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:43 pm

I saw the video all I saw was a park run nothing else. Or did I see another video ?
Nuclearblue

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:57 am

CF11 Rondo wrote:
skiprat wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
J1927 wrote:

We definitely have a reputation as being one of the worst clubs for hooliganism and it’s a reputation that still hinders our club today. On the Wikipedia article about football hooliganism in the UK, we’re mentioned by name “Cardiff City whose hooligan element, known as the Soul Crew, is one of the most infamous football hooligan firms.”

Exactly as I said in my post, WE have some who to this day revel in the "hooligan" side of things, yet some are the very ones who moan that nobody wanted or to a degree, still wants to buy us from tan, bar the usual certain fans fav, Sam Harman, who to a degree, enjoys that bad boy club image, AND revels in it.
We are still known for what went on decades ago, even in Turkey, when they saw my shirt 2t yrs back, was "ohhhhh, cardiff city"! Then them telling me they had heard of the soul crew!!! I was like whaaaaat? Really expected the opposite the, like WHO? As many still thought WALES was a district of london :o
I AGREE, it still hinders us till this day.so whilst almost every club back then had some sort of crew, the notorious one here were known ALL over, AND most you would never have heard of, unless that was your thing, to beat another person up, based on the fact they don't support a club(ours in this case) from a city that isnt their own, or the shirt they where?? I really struggle to get my head around the whole concept, of random acts of violence, against a person you know 0 about most likely.stfanhe behaviour imho. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Re: Updated:Ccfc and wurzels fighting in park

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:40 pm

I lived in New Cross for a year in 1994 I used to drink in a Millwall pub the number of people I got to know who used to come onto me and say " You were a handy mob" You always have a go respect". I attempted to point out that I was not involved complete waste of time. My mate from Yorkshire who I shared a flat with could not believe it. Never had a single problem save one idiot.
Jimmy Scoular

Previous

Return to General Chat