ANOTHER VIEW: BRISTOL CITY V CARDIFF CITY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:16 pm

In a game where we went in hoping to take homr at least a point from Ashtip Gate, it was a dynamic start from the Bluebirds that made us think momentarily at least, that we could go two points better

City were on top for a while and deservedly took the lead through James Collins, who scored from a great ball in from debutant Tommy Doyle :clap:

The Bluebird faithful were in raptures and still celebrating when the real Cardiff City put in an appearance and conceded another self-inflicted goal from the restart; on this occasion Curtis Nelso being the biggest culprit

Bristol siezed their opportunity and for a while at least, we were second best

HALF-TIME SCORE: BRISTOL CITY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY
City scorer: James Collins

The second half started pretty much as the first, with the Bluebirds taking the game to the Robins but once again without really threatening the second goal we probably deserved to that point

Bristol grew back into the game and the Bluebirds were pressed back largely of their own making, as once again they conspired to give ball after ball away to 'gift' Bristol the opportunity to break at pace

Sadly, the Bluebirds paid the price twice and Bristol should/coukd have had more, as the Bluebirds visibly tired and the game drifted away from them

Max Watter late goal on his return from a loan spell was very welcome but puts a flattering tint on to the scoreline

FINAL SCORE: BRISTOL CITY 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY
City scorer: James Collins

The Verdict

Without jumping on the inevitable (for some) bandwagon, this was a hugely disappointing result on a number of fronts...

Bristol City are a side wight might reasonably have expected to take something from and for a while that is how it looked

For a change, we went ahead with a well worked goal but all our hard work was immediately undone with sloppy, indisciplined defending, which spurred Bristol on and they were able to build on it, too

GrangeEndStar was at the game and commented that we just keep shooting ourselves in the foot time after time and it's going to cost us dearly at the current rate

Those who know me will tell you I tend to look at the positives in all things Bluebird; but today I am at a loss as to what we can do in the short term to halt the seeming inability to collect points

Improved performances or a simple change of style?

Let's be honest here; most of us (supporters and players) wanted Steve Morison as interim manager and early signs werevgood, as they were with Mick McCarthy and Neil Harris before him

But I am beginning to think the (slight) changes in style are not working and for the first time, I am beginning to question the wisdom of giving Steve Morison the job and increasing intrigued as to 'who?' is the mystery man we are reported to have lined up to take the helm for next season?

In the meantime, we now have one heck of a battle on our hands and both new players and consideration of an experienced 'firefighting' manager are topics to be debated by those at the top of the club

In precis, a very disappointing day only made marginally better by Derby County's loss; ironically to a Forest side led by the very man we could/should have gonecall out to get, i.e. Steve Cooper
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ANOTHER VIEW: BRISTOL CITY V CARDIFF CITY

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:33 pm

This "early signs" is getting frustrating. Where is it all going wrong?

I thought Harris was a gamble, McCarthy past it and Morison the best man for the job under the circumstances. I pray Morison can pull this through but if he does do we go for that right manager like Pulis? Then again are the likes of Pulis wanting to come to us? What a mess.
Bakedalasker

Re: ANOTHER VIEW: BRISTOL CITY V CARDIFF CITY

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:This "early signs" is getting frustrating. Where is it all going wrong?

I thought Harris was a gamble, McCarthy past it and Morison the best man for the job under the circumstances. I pray Morison can pull this through but if he does do we go for that right manager like Pulis? Then again are the likes of Pulis wanting to come to us? What a mess.

I agree up until you mentioned Pulis in the same breathe as Cardiff City! Never in a million years for me. Another dinosaur who would set us back when we are at least trying to play proper football.

He was out of football for a year or two when he went to Sheffield Wednesday. Completed the worst start for the club of any manager in their history and was sacked within months I believe. Jeez no!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat