Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STEVE MORISON: ‘ HONEST AND SAYS

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:35 pm

Cardiff City's poor form should "hurt more" for their players, says manager Steve Morison.

The Bluebirds lost 3-2 at Bristol City on Saturday, their sixth Championship game without a win.

The manner of Cardiff's performances have been particularly concerning, with Morison questioning whether his players have the required desire.

STEVE MORISON:

"We need to be better. It's got to hurt more. It's got to come from within," he said.

"We weren't good enough [against Bristol City], we just got outfought in the second half. Outbattled. It's mind-boggling at times, you are flabbergasted.

"People will always look at team selection or tactics. The reality is if you don't do the job you're asked to do or employed to do by the football club then you're going to get beat.

"It hurts me for the fans and it hurts me for the football club. But it's not me getting outfought. It should hurt them a hell of a lot more than it hurts me.

"It should hurt them to go and get in their car again and go and tell their family, kids, or whatever, 'Oh we lost again'. That's my question: does it hurt enough?

STEVE MORISON:

"I'm going to get in the car with my family, no one is going to talk to me on the way home because that's how much it hurts.

"It's just not acceptable, second-half performances like that."

Cardiff's defeat against Bristol City leaves them 20th in the Championship table, hovering dangerously close to the relegation zone.

Morison said on Friday that he can sometimes be "too honest" in his assessment of his players, admitting it was a "mistake" to describe young winger Isaak Davies as a "hindrance" following his substitute appearance during last month's defeat at Bournemouth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE MORISON: ‘ HONEST AND SAYS

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:15 pm

Beginning to sound lost and riddled with excuses. His team selection was wrong today. Wintle should have started and Harris was abysmal, he should have played Davies. He's not getting any big performances out of the players. Their errors, lack of concentration and lack of desire today was deeply worrying.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:23 pm

No one is going to talk to him on his family car ride home.

I don't blame them!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:27 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:No one is going to talk to him on his family car ride home.

I don't blame them!

Id give him an earful. If he's not going to listen to us since about 5 games ago. Let's hope his wife is here...

FIVE AT THE BACK DOESNT f*cking WORK.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:31 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:

I don't blame them!

Id give him an earful. If he's not going to listen to us since about 5 games ago. Let's hope his wife is here...

Withdrawal of marital conjugal until we win a game.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:41 pm

I don't blame them!

There'll all be on the back seat and no one will be up the front. He'll then blame his kids for not trying hard enough and accuse them of being a hindrance

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:16 am

llan bluebird wrote:

I don't blame them!

All very humorous, but in the main he is right! Ask yourself this, how many senior players actually look like they are up for a scrap?? Nearly every single seasoned player is scoring 5/10 at best, every game! Doyoe signs, and shows more in his debut, than the whole midfield! Id play wintle with him next game, change it up, but we need moore back to asap, at least if he isn't scoring, he can be a real nuisance, and play watters up top with him, morison needs to noot the older players in their arses, as they are getting embarrassed by the kids!!
There'll all be on the back seat and no one will be up the front. He'll then blame his kids for not trying hard enough and accuse them of being a hindrance

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:23 am

jimmy_rat wrote:

I don't blame them!

Hahaha my thoughts exactly

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:37 am

bluesince62 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

I don't blame them!

All very humorous, but in the main he is right! Ask yourself this, how many senior players actually look like they are up for a scrap?? Nearly every single seasoned player is scoring 5/10 at best, every game! Doyoe signs, and shows more in his debut, than the whole midfield! Id play wintle with him next game, change it up, but we need moore back to asap, at least if he isn't scoring, he can be a real nuisance, and play watters up top with him, morison needs to noot the older players in their arses, as they are getting embarrassed by the kids!!

He’s making mistakes in my opinion but in the main he is right.

Some of the senior players are letting the club down and it’s due to the contract situation of some of them.

Moore wants out and doesn’t want to be here.

relegation form = sacking form

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:17 am

Looking at our stats and position in the table - yes it is relegation form. It is also the sort of form that will get you sacked - I hope that doesnt happen though.

Lets give Morison the benefit of the doubt and say that he knows what he's doing when making those comments to the media. If that is the case - then there must be some serious issues with some players, I would think the players that are out of contract in the summer.

It becomes very difficult to pick a team when some of the players you want on the pitch dont seem to be able to deliver what they have in the past. So maybe he is right in picking players that want to play for him and giving it a go, compared to players that wont give 100%.

That's the plus side - if it is the case that he's blaming players for his lack of experience - then we are down already, If that's the case - all the big time charlies on stupid money whose contract is up need to go and we'll revert to the majority of U23 team and tactics.

Dalman and Choo Choo can also pack a bag as well.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:04 am

Out of his depth and completely amateurish. Sounds like a Sunday pub manager.

Get rid ASAP :banghead: