“ WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM??? “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM??? “

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm

We have too many defenders of the same ilk.Sides have worked out the we can defend crosses but don't like being run at.
Sneggyblubird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm

If there is really a £2.5 offer for Colwill then take it. Not good enough to make an impact at Championship level.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:11 pm

bluebird58 wrote:If there is really a £2.5 offer for Colwill then take it. Not good enough to make an impact at Championship level.

If you think Colwill is not good enough what about the other 9 then?? As I don’t see many better than him.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:27 pm

bluebird58 wrote:If there is really a £2.5 offer for Colwill then take it. Not good enough to make an impact at Championship level.

Sorry but I cannot agree on Rubin Colwill and I think he will play a big part at this club providing he is backed to develop in the side rather than used sparingly; after which he could be worth considerably more than a paltry £2.5m that is not as much as a couple of current players earn (combined) in a season
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:38 pm

You must be joking, I've yet to see a teenager who's the full package at 19.Even Rooney who had his break early was looked after. Playing too many youngsters at once is what got us in the shit. The boy shoes his age on times but its far too early too write him off yet. And as good as the Man City boy is I think he'll be rotated in turn which is part of looking after them.The last thing we need is the reputation of flogging our youngsters to death.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:41 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Hearing Colwill to Leeds , first offer was £2.5 m

Obviously negotiating

Moore will go if we get £5m cash

We are in a desperate situation and sad to see

That's what I thought about Colwill although not sure where to but is on his way out.

Same about Kiether as well.

If these 2 do go then perhaps the penny will drop with a few on here.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

You must be joking, I've yet to see a teenager who's the full package at 19.Even Rooney who had his break early was looked after. Playing too many youngsters at once is what got us in the shit. The boy shoes his age on times but its far too early too write him off yet. And as good as the Man City boy is I think he'll be rotated in turn which is part of looking after them.The last thing we need is the reputation of flogging our youngsters to death.

Then get yourself ready for it.
Bakedalasker

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If you think Colwill is not good enough what about the other 9 then?? As I don’t see many better than him.

I agree with you on that.

I'm not saying that he's definitely going to make it but he's showing more potential than most (if not all) of the others at the moment.

I suppose the the big question is, can we afford to turn down £2.5m for a guy with potential at the moment ? These are difficult decisions, if he went somewhere for that sort of money and failed (like Zohore) we'd say great decision. If he stays and doesn't make it the "I told you so's" will be on here telling us we should have sold him when the money was on offer !!

We've been here before. Riddler sold Ramsey to Arsenal for £5m simply because we wanted the fee upfront and not in instalments !! Even in those days he was worth double that but it kept HMRC away. We don't really know the financial situation but I have a feeling we'll have a better guess if we sell Moore and Colwill off in this window :o :lol:
piledriver64

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I was reacting to the second part of his post really. Obviously be a good move for him though I would have thought his first team chances would be limited.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:38 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I was reacting to the second part of his post really. Obviously be a good move for him though I would have thought his first team chances would be limited.

It would be a good move for him and so will Keithers move.

Any of our youngsters that prove themselves I believe will be on their way.
Bakedalasker

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:05 pm

I've said before that I think Isaak Davies was the one with more potential. Recent performances have made me have quite a radical rethink.

Colwill may be the best of the kids, but I see nothing in him that makes him stand out at all. He's not a Ramsay, Ledley, not a Matthews, James Collins or even a Gunter.

Someone like Rubin Colwill needs the likes of a McPhail, Whitts, Scimeca next to him. At the moment he has no chance of playing with quality which is a shame.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:06 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'm not saying that he's definitely going to make it but he's showing more potential than most (if not all) of the others at the moment.

I suppose the the big question is, can we afford to turn down £2.5m for a guy with potential at the moment ? These are difficult decisions, if he went somewhere for that sort of money and failed (like Zohore) we'd say great decision. If he stays and doesn't make it the "I told you so's" will be on here telling us we should have sold him when the money was on offer !!

We've been here before. Riddler sold Ramsey to Arsenal for £5m simply because we wanted the fee upfront and not in instalments !! Even in those days he was worth double that but it kept HMRC away. We don't really know the financial situation but I have a feeling we'll have a better guess if we sell Moore and Colwill off in this window :o :lol:

At this stage of the season, we can’t afford to sell any of our better players if we want them stay in the Championship, Surely not?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Blue78 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:22 pm

Are you serious?

He hardly gets a game - used as a sub more often than not for 15 mins or so and stuck out on left.

Give him a run of games and play him in the middle or just behind the striker - then we will see him linking up play and making stuff happen.
Blue78

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:12 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I've said before that I think Isaak Davies was the one with more potential. Recent performances have made me have quite a radical rethink.

Colwill may be the best of the kids, but I see nothing in him that makes him stand out at all. He's not a Ramsay, Ledley, not a Matthews, James Collins or even a Gunter.

Someone like Rubin Colwill needs the likes of a McPhail, Whitts, Scimeca next to him. At the moment he has no chance of playing with quality which is a shame.

I kinda agree with you, but Rambo was a different level at 14,15 and 16.

Ledley was a goodish player in a different era (already) he could run, tackle and go beyond the stiker. With Rubin you can see there is a major ability there and he may end up a centre forward like Berbotov but not at our club at the moment. He needs serious coaching with better players at a bigger club, but at his age he'll be bought and farmed out so its a toughie.
llan bluebird

Postby Be Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:07 pm

Let’s be honest, Colwill has had very little impact in the matches he’s played recently. Perhaps it’s best he isn’t thrust in and relied upon too soon.
Be Blue

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:47 am

llan bluebird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I've said before that I think Isaak Davies was the one with more potential. Recent performances have made me have quite a radical rethink.

I kinda agree with you, but Rambo was a different level at 14,15 and 16.

Ledley was a goodish player in a different era (already) he could run, tackle and go beyond the stiker. With Rubin you can see there is a major ability there and he may end up a centre forward like Berbotov but not at our club at the moment. He needs serious coaching with better players at a bigger club, but at his age he'll be bought and farmed out so its a toughie.

About sums it up for me.

I felt we were forced to play the youth as we had got rid of our real experience. Can you imagine these youth defenders playing along side Bamba? It would not be long before they became good players. You need good experienced players with youth and we do not have that.
Bakedalasker

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

At this stage of the season, we can’t afford to sell any of our better players if we want them stay in the Championship, Surely not?

I'd rather not sell him, I'm with you in that I think he will make it and gives us the creativity that we obviously need.

However, Morison is picking the team and, at the moment, he's not picking Colwill so can we afford not to sell him and just have him on the bench or in the stands ? Would it not be better to sell him and give Morison just part of the money to spend on somebody who he would pick ?

I want Colwill to stay, but not if he's not going to be picked because that is absolutely pointless.
piledriver64

Postby Danny Says » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:53 pm

Colwill is currently playing for the U23s v swansea
Danny Says

Postby City slicker27 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:47 pm

Not many players go from u23s football to top championship players straight away. The ones that do, don't stay in the championship long. Yet colwill was brought in and loaded with the pressure of being our main creative outlet. Colwill, like all our most promising youngsters, should be slowly brought into the first team and not expected to carry underperforming 'experienced' pros as they have been. These are the players who are letting us down this season, not our youngsters.
City slicker27

Postby goats » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:55 pm

Obviously negotiating

Jesus selling the new jewels already now are…..what a club :banghead:
goats

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:07 pm

goats wrote:

Obviously negotiating

Jesus selling the new jewels already now are…..what a club :banghead:

Lets wait and see what happens, neither are sold yet?
Bluebina

Postby actionman » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:04 pm

Agree with a lot of the above, Colwill
I think has dropped off a bit runs up to many blind alleys for-me. Out of contract players just seem to be turning up probably with the exception of ralls, why take a cut in pay with a new contract when you can negotiate at another club next season. Yes if fit Moore has to play but his service has been poor, as we can’t string 6 passes together. But that aside from that we are trying to play a passing game but agree 3at the back is not working . Team for Sunday 451 smithies McGinnis Morrison nelson
Ng. Dramah Wintle Doyle ralls harris. Moore.
actionman

Previous

Return to General Chat