Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Brilliant home attendances ‘

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:54 am

League 1 ( 3rd division )

Sunderland v Pompey over 32,000 ( yet not a local derby and at least a 10hr round trip from each other )

2) Charlton Athletic (0) 2-0 (0) Fleetwood Town – 21,811

3) Ipswich Town (1) 2-1 (1) Accrington Stanley – 20,126

Re: ‘ Brilliant home attendances ‘

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:39 pm

I know Sunderland are a well supported club but aren't those 3 clubs top of their leagues or at least fighting for promotion Annis?

I think fan numbers rise the better the respective clubs perform

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:44 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:I know Sunderland are a well supported club but aren't those 3 clubs top of their leagues or at least fighting for promotion Annis?

I think fan numbers rise the better the respective clubs perform

They have now spent quite a few years in the lower league and here is the table.

For me these are brilliant crowds and two of the games look who they are playing

I wish we could get these crowds nowadays and we play Championship teams.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:14 pm

I really believe if we could get 22000 plus at home games it would make a difference to our results.
Our home form has dipped massively and I think this goes hand in hand with dwindling fan numbers

Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:01 am

Good Chance of Sunderland going Up this season - But very tight at the Top of that League .

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:24 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:I really believe if we could get 22000 plus at home games it would make a difference to our results.
Our home form has dipped massively and I think this goes hand in hand with dwindling fan numbers

I totally agree :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:24 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Chance of Sunderland going Up this season - But very tight at the Top of that League .

I hope they do Tony, every season they fail.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:33 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:I really believe if we could get 22000 plus at home games it would make a difference to our results.

We should try and entice fans back fir the crucial games we have coming up, maybe kids for fiver, adults a tenner? We really need to get the place full and buzzing

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:03 am

Totally agree. Although the premier league attracts the so called 'plastics' they still added to the atmosphere. Nothing like a full stadium