Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Deal virtually done ‘

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:26 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:38 am

Jonson Clarke-Harris is one who has been mooted in some reports to come to Cardiff , however Cardiff are highly unlikely to fork out a transfer fee for a player this month as Morison has been told yet again their is NO money

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:Jonson Clarke-Harris is one who has been mooted in some reports to come to Cardiff , however Cardiff are highly unlikely to fork out a transfer fee for a player this month as Morison has been told yet again their is NO money

I've heard that a few times and for me would be an ideal replacement.

As for Keither I don't blame him for wanting out. He deserves a lot more than what our club has become. Cue the Tan lovers.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:57 am

People are saying get rid of Moore etc BUT stop and think HOW MANY YEARS. It took Cardiff CITY to find a striker with his potential and goal scoring record and at what price would it cost us on the field and how much financially replay him Maybe keep buying strikers for £100.000or so and none of them up to it?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Jonson Clarke-Harris is one who has been mooted in some reports to come to Cardiff , however Cardiff are highly unlikely to fork out a transfer fee for a player this month as Morison has been told yet again their is NO money

As for Keither I don't blame him for wanting out. He deserves a lot more than what our club has become. Cue the Tan lovers.

Why would someone who thinks (for whatever reason) that Moore hasn't been the same player this season be a 'Tan lover'? :?:

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:04 pm

If a player doesn't want to be at a club, then it is absolutely right to sell him for the best price possible.

I have not heard from Moore that he wishes to leave - have there been any social media posts from him saying he wants to go or is dissatisfied here? When a club is pushing for promotion or fighting against relegation the only reason to sell the good players is financial. It cannot be for footballing reasons. If we do sell Moore and do not reinvest the money in the playing squad then we will know two things.

Relegation is acceptable to the Board.
We are flat broke as a club.

Time will tell .........

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:08 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Why would someone who thinks (for whatever reason) that Moore hasn't been the same player this season be a 'Tan lover'? :?:

That was pointed at the last statement "our club has become".

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

That was pointed at the last statement "our club has become".

Ah ok. Fair enough :thumbup:

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:29 pm

Jonson Clarke-Harris is in demand it would seem.

Bristol City and Huddersfield are targeting a move for Peterborough star Jonson Clarke-Harris with Sunderland also keeping tabs on the Posh striker, who was voted as League One Player of the Year last season
Bristol City and Huddersfield want to sign Peterborough's Jonson Clarke-Harris
Sunderland could tempt him to drop down a division and win them promotion
Clarke-Harris has scored four goals in 14 Championship appearances this term

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... arris.html

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:01 pm

The board will probably expect watters to take up the slack and bag 20 acting like a relagated club

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Kieffer Moore virtually a done deal , Cardiff just want all the money upfront of Bournemouth.

When Cardiff were selling Moore to Wolves and it was then £5mill - £7mill, the deal fell through at the last hour as City wanted all the money Wolves wanted to Pay over 3yrs.

Kieffer Moore is fully fit, was left out last weekend in case he got injured.

Cardiff looking to them urgently bring in a striker on loan,from either Stole or?

City still hopeful of Giles returning on losn.

Hes been sulking around the club since the summer ,get rid and replace ASAP

He's missed 11 games. Injury and illness.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:26 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm

Apparently we are looking at Ikpeazu from Middlesborough.

This is guy just join them this season?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:41 pm

So, you're a Mr Tan lover if you want a fee for a player who allegedly doesn't want to be here? More and more tales of woe on here every day, glad there some left who can think for themselves that without Mr Tan we would most likely be dodging HMRC again, wait a minute, no we wouldn't as we would sell Moore!.
Everyone has they own opinions and mine is a certain past owner will not be our saviour if it is his deal on the table which reading the poison being drip fed against Mr Tan on here by the same few I think it is.
As for Moore, we may or may not lose him but at least (the committee) got him in without spending the millions some previous managers did on crap.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:47 pm

Can't help but feel pessimistic when we are likely to lose our best striker in a relegation battle and probably replace him with a loan player who is not really committed to our club.
We have become too reliant on youngsters like Isaak Davies and Rubin Colwill to bail us out when we are struggling.
In addition, our full backs (wing backs) seem too lightweight and not enough quality in midfield.
I just feel that over the past couple of years, things have gone from bad to worse.

Fair chance of relegation!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:08 pm

JulesK wrote:So, you're a Mr Tan lover if you want a fee for a player who allegedly doesn't want to be here? More and more tales of woe on here every day, glad there some left who can think for themselves that without Mr Tan we would most likely be dodging HMRC again, wait a minute, no we wouldn't as we would sell Moore!.
Everyone has they own opinions and mine is a certain past owner will not be our saviour if it is his deal on the table which reading the poison being drip fed against Mr Tan on here by the same few I think it is.
As for Moore, we may or may not lose him but at least (the committee) got him in without spending the millions some previous managers did on crap.

No, you seem to be a "tan lover,follower" if you fail to slag him off, call him dictator, and mention only "the regime" when referring to him and the board.
Or, mention anything positive, no matter how minute about him[tan)
Our last 3 managers have left us with a squad that is we eak, in every department, with McCarthy decimating what pace and guille we did have, and holding on to the dtoss like bacuna!!
Hardly the boards fault there, as JE was given a free reign who he got shot of, and who he kept! He screwed us in truth.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:17 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
JulesK wrote:So, you're a Mr Tan lover if you want a fee for a player who allegedly doesn't want to be here? More and more tales of woe on here every day, glad there some left who can think for themselves that without Mr Tan we would most likely be dodging HMRC again, wait a minute, no we wouldn't as we would sell Moore!.

No, you seem to be a "tan lover,follower" if you fail to slag him off, call him dictator, and mention only "the regime" when referring to him and the board.
Our last 3 managers have left us with a squad that is we eak, in every department, with McCarthy decimating what pace and guille we did have, and holding on to the dtoss like bacuna!!
Hardly the boards fault there, as JE was given a free reign who he got shot of, and who he kept! He screwed us in truth.

Please could you tell, Me anything positive about Tan to do with Cardiff City Currently??

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:19 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

Can you be sure it was MM who decided who to keep and who to get shot of? That's the same as me saying it was Tan.

Nobody knows.

If it was MM, then I'm amazed he was given the job in the 1st place if we knew that was going to be his style and tactic. Im sure the Regime asked what his plans were for this season, then simply told him what to do.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:44 pm

On Moore, still nothing official tabled yet, Morison hoping it stays that way. But, as we know, that could change very quickly.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Please could you tell, Me anything positive about Tan to do with Cardiff City Currently??

Our academy is at the best it’s been in years (something that was always used to criticise Tan) and we’ve not fallen foul of FFP or facing a points deduction like several clubs have/are. Despite Covid, our finances are a lot healthier than other clubs in the division.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:04 pm

CF11 Rondo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Our academy is at the best it’s been in years (something that was always used to criticise Tan) and we’ve not fallen foul of FFP or facing a points deduction like several clubs have/are. Despite Covid, our finances are a lot healthier than other clubs in the division.

Well he has been pumping in £3m per month which must be pushing us to FFP as we no longer have Parachute payments.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:12 pm

I do beg to differ, as you knew I would.

Our production line from the academy is appalling. We're bringing through poor quality kids to play a Championship standard football.

To rely on our Academy, as our Leader thinks we should is pure and utter folly. Best it's ever been is not a description that should be anywhere near the Academy.

Not fallen foul of FFP rules? Let me see? Most clubs in our division have not, and yet the a number are strengthening either this window, or at least the last Summer window.

QPR, Luton, Forest, Coventry, Peterborough, I havent seen any points deductons there. Only Derby and Reading 'spring to mind'. Less the deduction, Derby have more points than us, and Reading, despite their deduction sit just one place below us.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:40 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I do beg to differ, as you knew I would.

Our production line from the academy is appalling. We're bringing through poor quality kids to play a Championship standard football.

To rely on our Academy, as our Leader thinks we should is pure and utter folly. Best it's ever been is not a description that should be anywhere near the Academy.

Not fallen foul of FFP rules? Let me see? Most clubs in our division have not, and yet the a number are strengthening either this window, or at least the last Summer window.

QPR, Luton, Forest, Coventry, Peterborough, I havent seen any points deductons there. Only Derby and Reading 'spring to mind'. Less the deduction, Derby have more points than us, and Reading, despite their deduction sit just one place below us.

Bristol lost £38m last year. The limit for FFP is £39m over 3 years. Just because they’ve not been deducted points doesn’t mean they’re financially sound. I believe I read on here that there are 5 clubs, not including Derby, who are at risk of point deductions this season or next.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:42 pm

Bluebina wrote:Some of these modern players attitudes stink, when the going gets tough, the players get going to another club and another payday!!!!

I'd make him play, he's got a contract we are in a relegation battle and need him, what's the cost of relegation compared to a few quid for him now?

Thinks he’s too good for us does he? My views in him have plummeted this season, particularly now we know why he’s been so shiiite. Sums up the modern footballer well. Club is in its arse yet half the players have been made millionaires with the contracts they got here…

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:45 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
CF11 Rondo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Well he has been pumping in £3m per month which must be pushing us to FFP as we no longer have Parachute payments.

How can Tan put in 3 million a month? 36 million pa? Our current wages are around 25 pa I believe so who is he paying?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I bet macca could but he was a red wasnt he?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:37 pm

Keiffer hang on mate, we will stay in Championship this season. Get a progressive attack minded manager in during the summer, appoint a director of football...reassess for Premiership assault next season.

Onwards and upwards

C'mon City

Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm

If he wants to go then he should go, I don't want to see another grown man crying in the helicopter

Its weird i haven't made my mind up on Kieffer because i have barely seen him play in the flesh. I checked out his goals from last season and was surprised how many "striker" goals he clocked up, not many crosses except corners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m29-oco8cc4

A really good player who either peaked last season, hasn't recovered from Covid or totally lost interest because i haven'y seen that fella this season.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:53 pm

He's an international player who's scored in a major final. He got 20 goals last season. Its 10 million easily or no deal. He's had no service this season but he's our best option to stay up.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Kieffer Moore virtually a done deal , Cardiff just want all the money upfront of Bournemouth.

When Cardiff were selling Moore to Wolves and it was then £5mill - £7mill, the deal fell through at the last hour as City wanted all the money Wolves wanted to Pay over 3yrs.

Kieffer Moore is fully fit, was left out last weekend in case he got injured.

Cardiff looking to them urgently bring in a striker on loan,from either Stole or?

City still hopeful of Giles returning on losn.

Hes been sulking around the club since the summer ,get rid and replace ASAP

Wez,

I do know Moore was very unhappy after it fell through as he was told he was sold and then it all went wrong.
Moore has never been the same player.

Just shows you the kind of character he is