Jonson Clarke-Harris is one who has been mooted in some repo

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:39 am

Jonson Clarke-Harris is one who has been mooted in some reports to come to Cardiff , however Cardiff are highly unlikely to fork out a transfer fee for a player this month as Morison has been told yet again their is NO money
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jonson Clarke-Harris is one who has been mooted in some

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:02 pm

Are we saying the £5m, £3M or whatever is mooted for Moore stays firmly in the Regimes pocket?

But hang on, Tan says he is supporting and backing us in January?

Sell our best player and only real striker, get money, and replace with a loan with promise who we pay A %age of nothing to keep for just a few months?

That's the sum total of Tans 'support' .

Next year is going to be a blast, probably in League one.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:40 pm

Certainly drawing interest from other clubs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... arris.html

Jonson Clarke-Harris is in demand it would seem.

Bristol City and Huddersfield are targeting a move for Peterborough star Jonson Clarke-Harris with Sunderland also keeping tabs on the Posh striker, who was voted as League One Player of the Year last season
Bristol City and Huddersfield want to sign Peterborough's Jonson Clarke-Harris
Sunderland could tempt him to drop down a division and win them promotion
Clarke-Harris has scored four goals in 14 Championship appearances this term
Bluebina

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:26 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Are we saying the £5m, £3M or whatever is mooted for Moore stays firmly in the Regimes pocket?

Sell our best player and only real striker, get money, and replace with a loan with promise who we pay A %age of nothing to keep for just a few months?

No WE are not, well not all of us, same as not all refer to the owner as "the regime "
Answer me this: would you give a manager whose contract ends at end of season, money to buy permanent players?? I wouldnt, as any new manager will want HIS choice of players, not a managers who will not be here come end of may! We would/could be left with players who we either pay off,or sell at loss again!

9 clubs within a £1 of ffp breaches, and we aren't one of them! If we hadnt cut our cloth accordingly, we would be! For me and others, we are at least grateful for that.this is neccessary for the club to stay the right side of that precipice, or would you rather we just splash the cash, and risk falling foul of ffp? What then??
bluesince62

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:35 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Are we saying the £5m, £3M or whatever is mooted for Moore stays firmly in the Regimes pocket?

No WE are not, well not all of us, same as not all refer to the owner as "the regime "
Answer me this: would you give a manager whose contract ends at end of season, money to buy permanent players?? I wouldnt, as any new manager will want HIS choice of players, not a managers who will not be here come end of may! We would/could be left with players who we either pay off,or sell at loss again!

9 clubs within a £1 of ffp breaches, and we aren't one of them! If we hadnt cut our cloth accordingly, we would be! For me and others, we are at least grateful for that.this is neccessary for the club to stay the right side of that precipice, or would you rather we just splash the cash, and risk falling foul of ffp? What then??

That use of 'splash the cash' again. It really is getting boring.

For what it's worth, I agree with the idea in hindsight of your 1st paragraph regarding loans. The Regime, as I will continue to call our Leadership, have however said that we won't be spending any money in signing people in the Summer either. So even a new manager will have an even tighter budget of even less skilled players than Morison has?

And 9 clubs out of, what 81 left ( excluding Derby and Reading). I think we should be looking at being better than a lot of the 81..... bur a lot in that numbe have spent money. They seem to be doing OK without selling anything that is not nailed down, and thinking a team can be made up of poor quality kids thrust into a man's game.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Blueberry Jam » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:29 pm

Did you see him against Sheff Utd. He was crap.
Blueberry Jam

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:19 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:Did you see him against Sheff Utd. He was crap.

Really poor
llan bluebird

Return to General Chat