Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UCHE IKPEAZU ! CCFC BOARD BACK THE MANAGER

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:57 pm

If City won’t pay approx 500-750k for a striker from a rival who would improve our squad much better than Watters,Harris and probably same level as James Collins from what we currently have it shows the board really are clueless from top to bottom

Re: UCHE IKPEAZU ! CCFC BOARD BACK THE MANAGER

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:11 pm

Loan and no more. His record is a abysmal and typical warnock signing with money. Loan only or ideally someone better

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:17 pm

Issue we have is no one will want to come to Cardiff that will get you 15 goals a season in the position we are in. Tan needs to bring in more than one or two players . A new centre half another midfielder to slot in with Ralls and Doyle and to compete with Wintle and a striker who has experience at championship level to get us out of the mess we are in. The board as in Tan/Dalman do not give a care about the club or fans they just look for short term resolutions when we need a plan for the long term to stabilise the club and move in the right direction instead we as a club are sadly going backwards because of silly mistakes made by the board and previous managers

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:29 pm

Never heard of him - and a bit of searching isnt encouraging.

No one sells a striker in the Jan window unless they really have to, so the chance of finding anyone of any talent is about as rare as rocking horse sh1t

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:34 pm

Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:If City won’t pay approx 500-750k for a striker from a rival who would improve our squad much better than Watters,Harris and probably same level as James Collins from what we currently have it shows the board really are clueless from top to bottom

And you couldn't put this on the existing thread about the same player rather than create a conflicting thread? ? :? :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225891

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:37 pm

Didn’t see the existing thread otherwise I would have put my views on there

Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:Didn’t see the existing thread otherwise I would have put my views on there

Always worth a look first; and we've all done it! :thumbup:

Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:44 pm

Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:Issue we have is no one will want to come to Cardiff that will get you 15 goals a season in the position we are in. Tan needs to bring in more than one or two players . A new centre half another midfielder to slot in with Ralls and Doyle and to compete with Wintle and a striker who has experience at championship level to get us out of the mess we are in. The board as in Tan/Dalman do not give a care about the club or fans they just look for short term resolutions when we need a plan for the long term to stabilise the club and move in the right direction instead we as a club are sadly going backwards because of silly mistakes made by the board and previous managers

That’s such a tough read.

Very similar to another poster on here who writes poorly.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 pm

Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:If City won’t pay approx 500-750k for a striker from a rival who would improve our squad much better than Watters,Harris and probably same level as James Collins from what we currently have it shows the board really are clueless from top to bottom

Totally agree Steff,

Not even the smallest ambition by our Board.

For me Morison is not asking for much at all.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:19 pm

If we sell Moore and then get this guy we are doomed.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:25 pm

Fingers crossed Kieffer doesn’t go and we bring in a few new faces before deadline day! Worst case if he does end up leaving us we bring in quality to improve us in the areas we require.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:28 pm

Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:Fingers crossed Kieffer doesn’t go and we bring in a few new faces before deadline day! Worst case if he does end up leaving us we bring in quality to improve us in the areas we require.

That’s how I want it :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:08 pm

Not spending a transfer fee on a striker that has a pretty poor record seems sensible to be - loan with an option to buy if he proves himself maybe.

Morrison may not be here in the summer going what another poster has suggested so why spend the money giving someone a contract if a new manager wouldn’t want him. His goal scoring record hardly screams that he is a must have.

Seems entirely sensible to want to do it only as a loan - but surely there must be better loan options out there.

I’d rather give a short term contract to someone like a Defoe who has only just left Rangers but you know will get you goals.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:38 pm

Blue78 wrote:Not spending a transfer fee on a striker that has a pretty poor record seems sensible to be - loan with an option to buy if he proves himself maybe.

Morrison may not be here in the summer going what another poster has suggested so why spend the money giving someone a contract if a new manager wouldn’t want him. His goal scoring record hardly screams that he is a must have.

Seems entirely sensible to want to do it only as a loan - but surely there must be better loan options out there.

I’d rather give a short term contract to someone like a Defoe who has only just left Rangers but you know will get you goals.

You make a lot of sense I agree. Seems the board are stepping up and do the right thing her, saving easing 000s of pounds.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:35 am

Can we bookmark all these posts about this player if we do sign him? That way it can’t be used to beat Tan up if he turns out to be rubbish.