Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Liverpool sell out ‘

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:04 pm

What an atmosphere there is going to be at Anfield :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Liverpool sell out

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Need to find my pick and shovel because I’ll be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hopefully with 7k away fans we can add a few new songs to our repertoire and get behind the team. Anfield is an overrated atmosphere so we should have no trouble drowning out the scousers.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:52 pm

CF11 Rondo wrote:Need to find my pick and shovel because I’ll be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hopefully with 7k away fans we can add a few new songs to our repertoire and get behind the team. Anfield is an overrated atmosphere so we should have no trouble drowning out the scousers.

After originally planning a weekend there I’m not going due to family commitments. Look forward to seeing it on tv and hope the toilet wreckers aren’t there

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:49 pm

Emirates FA Cup R4 - Ticket News | Liverpool vs. Cardiff City | SOLD OUT
Ticket News
Liverpool (A)
Emirates FA Cup Fourth Round
Sunday, February 6th, 2022. KO: 12pm.

Total Allocation - 6,920
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Liverpool sell out ‘

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:10 pm

Good going considering how poor this season has been.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:15 pm

Massive game next week at Barnsley before the frivolity of the FA Cup

I wonder if we'll manage to sell that one out as well?

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:34 pm

City slicker27 wrote:Good going considering how poor this season has been.

Not really , even the smallest clubs would sell that allocation.

Let’s see how many go away to Barnsley??

I remember 40,000 Cardiff at Wembley v Barnsley, we played away to Ipswich the following week, we took less than 150 fans , I was one of them and fair play to those that went, but deep down I and those that went to Ipswich were fuming how could 40,000 become 150.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:34 pm

davids wrote:Massive game next week at Barnsley before the frivolity of the FA Cup

I wonder if we'll manage to sell that one out as well?

Exactly a bigger game.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I remember 40,000 Cardiff at Wembley v Barnsley, we played away to Ipswich the following week, we took less than 150 fans , I was one of them and fair play to those that went, but deep down I and those that went to Ipswich were fuming how could 40,000 become 150.

Shrewsbury in League 1 couldn’t sell it out despite being a quarter of the distance, the game being a much more fan friendly time and not on TV.

We sold out 7k tickets before getting to general sale for a game on TV and where busses are leaving at 5am and there’s no trains.

Let’s have some positivity, that’s definitely a good turn out and could be a fantastic day out if we nick a win :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Shrewsbury took a lower allocation in the last round.... :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:01 pm

City slicker27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:

I never knew :lol:

I honestly never , I know they average 4,000 at home .

How many did they take?

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:02 pm

CF11 Rondo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Shrewsbury in League 1 couldn’t sell it out despite being a quarter of the distance, the game being a much more fan friendly time and not on TV.

If we take over a 1,000 to Barnsley I will be very positive.

We sold out 7k tickets before getting to general sale for a game on TV and where busses are leaving at 5am and there’s no trains.

Let’s have some positivity, that’s definitely a good turn out and could be a fantastic day out if we nick a win :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we take over a 1,000 to Barnsley I will be very positive.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
City slicker27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How many did they take?

I think it was around 5,500.

A glamorous cup tie or trip to Wembley will always pull in a crowd compared to a League game. Its kind of the point in playing in the cup. I think its brilliant we can sell 7000 pretty easily (even if its just because we are playing Liverpool) despite the position we are currently in. I know a few youngsters where this will be their first away game. These types of ties can hook a fan for life or even get a few more people back for home games. They definitely shouldn't be knocked.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:57 pm

City slicker27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
City slicker27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How many did they take?

A glamorous cup tie or trip to Wembley will always pull in a crowd compared to a League game. Its kind of the point in playing in the cup. I think its brilliant we can sell 7000 pretty easily (even if its just because we are playing Liverpool) despite the position we are currently in. I know a few youngsters where this will be their first away game. These types of ties can hook a fan for life or even get a few more people back for home games. They definitely shouldn't be knocked.

Spot on. Only 150 may have gone to Ipswich after 40k at the FA Cup but our average attendance went from 13.9k in the 07/08 season to over 18k in the 08/09 season and over 20k in 09/10 and didn’t go below 20k until 15/16.

It won’t have the same effect as reaching the FA Cup final but if we pull off a miracle and beat Liverpool that could convert some fair weather fans into supporters and boost our crowds by a few hundred or more.

People moan about plastic fans but I bet some of the “Loyal” fans that go to Barnsley only started following us after the FA Cup final.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:07 am

City slicker27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
City slicker27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How many did they take?

I agree it’s brilliant when clubs can sell 7,000, I am chuffed, but let’s see how many go to Barnsley a more important game ??
Hopefully at least 1,000.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:

We took 200 to Colchester the previous week.

Its just big game syndrome and every club suffers from it.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:17 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We took 200 to Colchester the previous week.

Its just big game syndrome and every club suffers from it.

I agree Ian,

It does happen at every club.

But our club has a massive Fan base and NO matter what in my opinion we should never take less than a 1,000 away anywhere nowadays , 21 years of not being in the lower leagues.