Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CROWD FOR LAST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON?

Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:50 pm

Just wondering will this be a non event or will the fans turn up in numbers to show there support for cardiff city i fear this maybe the for some last for good
the ninian has dwindled badly after the pandemic fear of perhaps catching covid as ninian tends to be older crew
or mick mc'carthys tenure killing off any hopes of any promotion
Even with an upsurge with a positive from morrisons appointment the fans where lost
i think this season has been one of the hardest watches for 10 years
and fear season tickets for next will be down again
and with tan and dalhman another no show this season or even anything upbeat to lift the fans for next season
Just hoping for a decent turn out to show appreciation but if luton turnout was anything to go by there could be tumbleweeds rolling around the stadium.

Re: CROWD FOR LAST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON?

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:04 pm

12500 if every season ticket holder turns up, so I expect a crowd of around 17000.

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:25 pm

I’ll be there :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:28 pm

The Slade season felt worse than now, probably because we knew we had decent players and we were just biding time. I left at full time :oops:

There's some hope now, I am not a pessimist, the local kids help. If its going to be hard to watch i'd rather them be ours than journeymen.

I will give them a round of applause, its not Marlons fault his legs went

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:33 pm

Birmingham will probably bring a big crowd so around the 19k mark I reckon.

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:55 pm

I think we'll get a decent turn out for the Birmingham game as it's last game of the season.
Perhaps an opportunity to thank a few players who may be making their last appearances for the club.

I didn't attend yesterday for several reasons.
Firstly personal family commitments given that it was a Bank Holiday.
Secondly not a lot to play for and likely to have an experimental line up on show.
And thirdly I still have a lot of discontent remaining from the performance against the Jacks.

Will be renewing my season ticket as always next season and will get behind Morison and hope he can get the players in he wants, but like most people i'll be glad when this season is over. :old:

Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Took a call today from ticket office, club are already planning for next year with the blocks 415,416 etc. Being mothballed. Looks like trying to concentrate fans in other parts of the ground.

Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:06 pm

I was wondering if the club could do free entry for all last game of the season as we have not spent out on anyone in the transfer maarket or is that way over board.

Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:12 pm

montyblue wrote:I was wondering if the club could do free entry for all last game of the season as we have not spent out on anyone in the transfer maarket or is that way over board.

Maybe 2 kids free with every paying adult. Bums on seats, club shop and catering sales would certainly go up.

Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:42 pm

BLUEBIRDOCT 1962

I still say free for all
my fuel bill for every home game lately is £50. quid

Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 pm

A goal in the first half and a win .now that would be a novelty

Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:59 am

Just like the players I dont think I can be @rsed to be bothered to make the effort to go to the game.
And to be honest why should waste our hard earned to watch a group of players who seem to feel the same way.

Maybe weve been spoilt the last 20 odd years - there has nearly always been something to play for. So I'll be giving it a miss this year. Good luck to all the players leaving - hope you find another club and get the wages you deserve.

I hope Morison manages to recruit properly in the summer. Now is the time for the 'kids' to step up - they have all had enough game time to prove they can handle it. Next season will be interesting Im sure.

Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:52 am

gutted i work saturdays, due to covid we lost 2 staff members, and now after a re-shuffle i have to work every saturday which means i can no longer attend them days.

Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:06 pm

BLUEBIRD04

Change your job of it effects your social life to much if you can.
Leisure time is important as work to your well being.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:49 am

montyblue wrote:BLUEBIRD04

Change your job of it effects your social life to much if you can.
Leisure time is important as work to your well being.

I have been trying. Applying for new jobs but nothing positive back yet. Cheers though

Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:04 pm

21,495 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can’t fault our support this season, very impressive home and away.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm

Large Arge wrote:21,495 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Absolutely nowhere near that many today. Huge swathes of blue seats in the Ninian, Grandstand and family ends. Loads of empty spaces around us in the Canton.

Even with a decent turnout by the Peaky Wankers I would be amazed if there were more than 15000 in the ground today.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:16 pm

davids wrote:
Large Arge wrote:21,495 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Absolutely nowhere near that many today. Huge swathes of blue seats in the Ninian, Grandstand and family ends. Loads of empty spaces around us in the Canton.

Even with a decent turnout by the Peaky Wankers I would be amazed if there were more than 15000 in the ground today.

That’s always the case. I think we’ve only got about 14k ST so at least 5k Cardiff fans bought tickets specifically for this game. Our average is hovering around 19k for the season and a fair few away games are selling out as well, so even despite the poor season people are still turning up. Our crowds this season both officially and unofficially are better than the Slade years and our away crowds are much larger too.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:10 pm

21 and a half thousand? - you are having a laugh!!