Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2022/23 CARDIFF CITY KITS

Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:19 pm

OK now your thinking why on earth we talking kits already. BUT our season is basically drifting into its end and this would be a great chance for our club to show off next seasons strip. And put it on sale for when we face Birmingham as our last home game. I know a far fetched idea but this would be a good idea to get every fan in the mood for next season.

Re: 2022/23 CARDIFF CITY KITS

Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:23 pm

I do think we have a new supplier. For the past few seasons the away shirt hasn't gone on sale as it becomes the third shirt for the following season. This year however it is. No more Adidas?

Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:38 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:I do think we have a new supplier. For the past few seasons the away shirt hasn't gone on sale as it becomes the third shirt for the following season. This year however it is. No more Adidas?

Yeah we’ve got a new kit manufacturer next season. I’m actually hoping we don’t go for one of the big names like Nike, Adidas, Puma, etc. Outside of the PL they use a handful of templates meaning we’d just end up with the same shirt as Birmingham, Preston or Portsmouth. With a smaller supplier we might be able to get a unique looking shirt. I’d like to see a return to having some yellow on the kit too.

Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:27 pm

Lets get a version of the best 1970's shirt - will never happen but one can dream !! :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:21 pm

Some teams play their last home game in their new shirt for the following season. I quite like the idea and like said above would get people excited about the next season.

Unfortunately our shirt releases always seem to be one of the last to come out so can't see it happening.

Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:32 pm

We definitely have a new manufacturer for next season, the new company is being understandably kept under wraps. It's all about opinions of course but for me, Adidas is the elite of sports brands and the 3 Stripes are historically associated with football, so I think it's a shame we are changing, for whatever reason. I think it's a step down but let's see.

I just hope it's not a third rate brand like we've seen before like Joma or Macron. I liked the Puma kit so after Adidas, that would be my second choice but I suspect it another brand.

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:05 pm

The cheapest option will be the one we go with

Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:00 am

New balance

Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:36 pm

Yea most probably New balance, Macron, Hummel or Errea

Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:43 pm

I like our incoming team it will be cheap