Aiden Flint or NG?

Re: “ Who do you prefer? “

Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:27 am

Depends what they're wearing

Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Aiden Flint or NG?

Ng for me.

Significantly younger, cheaper, quicker, better on the ball and can play CB and full back. If we're serious about changing the way we play then I can't see that Flint fits into that due to his very basic distribution skills.

I actually don't dislike Flint, I think he's done very well for us and is certainly a goal threat. I'd prefer to keep him and Ng but given the choice between them I think it's pretty clear that Ng is a more progressive choice.

Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:47 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:Depends what they're wearing

There you again...! :oops:

Mildly amusing; but again you offer nothing to the actual conversation... :roll:

Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:Aiden Flint or NG?

It's a tough one, that...

Flint is a solid defender with goals in him, whilst Ng is improving all the time and is the future

Overall, I'd have to say Ng for those reasons and (topically) on current cost grounds

Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:02 am

No brainer for me.NG all day.As much as I like Flint he's not the future of our club.

Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:35 am

:lol:

Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:37 am

Sven wrote:

Mildly amusing; but again you offer nothing to the actual conversation... :roll:

Sven I appreciate your valued contributions to this board but I don't think you should be evaluating the contributions of others all the time, especially when in this instance it was just a light hearted response to a very open ended question. Lighten up Mr Eriksen !!

Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:29 pm

For me, they're not really like-for-like so it should not be about one or the other. in a back 3 then Flint is a better option in the middle position and NG playing slightly wider as he's more mobile. In a back 4 playing as a CB I'm not sure how NG would fair over a season but he'd prossibly need someone like Flint or Morrison next to him.

Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:34 pm

Both offer something different - it depends on who we are playing. Flint has the height, puts his head where others dont and that gets results.
NG probably a better footballer.
So I think it depends who we are playing against.

If I had to pick one or the other to stay - I guess it would depend on wages, injury history, maintaining fitness etc

Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:38 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sven I appreciate your valued contributions to this board but I don't think you should be evaluating the contributions of others all the time, especially when in this instance it was just a light hearted response to a very open ended question. Lighten up Mr Eriksen !!

Eriksen...? Well wide of the goal post there, fella...! ;)

Contribution? I did say it was mildly amusing but he certainly didn't offer an opinion on the topic and you should maybe take a look at other of his non-contributions and come back to me on that one... :thumbup:

As you say, it's all about opinions. That was mine and I'm sure he can answer for himself (assuming he's not still sleeping) ;) :sleepy2:

Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:47 pm

Put it this way......

Top Goal Scorer Vs No Goal Scorer.

I think you have to forgive Flints short comings to keep hold of his goal scoring, especially when we are STILL struggling to find a 20 a season striker.

Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:03 pm

prefer in what way ? if you are asking who do i prefer to pay CB, its flint, as i think in a back 4, and decent midfield ahead of him, NG will look alot better at RB, if you are asking if i had to pick 1 for the club to keep, then its NG as he is cheaper, younger,

Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:12 pm

Flint can only play one position, one way. He is good at it, it's just whether you want to play that way as he needs a big target man as he has one club in the bag a lofted 30 yard lob with loads of backspin.

Morrison was sacrificed as he had slightly more mobility than Aiden so had to go out in the yonderland of the outside of the three and never looked comfortable

I think NG is a right back who can play the outside of three, but i think he is a better right back. He is not a wingback !!!!

People talk about moneyball, but Warnock has been doing it for years. A do not pass back four, a run, tackle and pressure midfield where passing was an unnecessary extra, speed or trickery and the flanks and a hard working centre forward.
AIden should have been a natural fit, but it never really worked as he and Sean M were too slow as a pairing. I doubt Warnock would have bought NG, wrong agent ;)

NG for me

Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:41 pm

NG is a liability at CB for me. He will panic under pressure and I always sense he’s going to make a mistake. His distribution from CB also isn’t the best.