Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff are confident of signing ‘

Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:28 pm

Cardiff confident over landing Alnwick

City have already approached Alnwick and are discussing terms.

Jak Alnwick aged 29 next month has played for 8 clubs, his last clubs were St Mirren, Blackpool & Scunthorpe.

Alnwick is a free agent due to his contract running out at St Mirren and has not been offered a new one.

Cardiff City are growing confident over landing St Mirren goalkeeper Jak Alnwick this summer.

The Bluebirds are in the market for a new keeper, with Alex Smithies already left the club after four years in the Welsh capital. They had shown interest in Derby County No.1 Ryan Allsop, but faced competition from all over the Championship for the in-demand shot stopper. Allsop also recently stated he doesn't want to leave Pride Park.

But Cardiff appear to have landed on Alnwick, the former Newcastle United and Rangers man currently up in the Scottish Premiership. Reports up in Scotland earlier this month first alerted City fans of Cardiff's interest. The 29 year-old is out of contract this summer and has not been offered a new one, so is on a free transfer, which would suit the Bluebirds down to the ground.

While sources have intimated they are hopeful of getting this one over the line, they reiterate nothing is set in stone until the transfer window opens on July 1.

Andy Dibble, who is heavily involved when it comes to recruiting for that position, has a fine record of bringing in quality goalkeepers, having helped to bring in the likes of Neil Etheridge, Smithies and Dillon Phillips. If the Bluebirds get this one over the line, he will hope Alnwick is thought of in similarly favourable terms by the Cardiff faithful, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff are confident of signing ‘

Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:59 pm

Not for me this keeper. Little to suggest he is any good.

Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:03 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Not for me this keeper. Little to suggest he is any good.

The problem is this is the type of players we can now only afford.

Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:20 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Not for me this keeper. Little to suggest he is any good.

Looking on the st mirren forum they seem gutted there losing him and rate him very highly

Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:14 am

Yes another great post.

I don’t think David De Gea is available.

Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:36 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Yes another great post.

I don’t think David De Gea is available.

Every player is available but I think the £20m fee and £350k a week wages might just be out of our budget

Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:14 am

So is that based on stats, club history or having actually seen him play ?