Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Don’t buy the S*n

Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:22 am

Cardiff City FC wish to clarify that there is no truth in today’s press stories relating to a compensation claim being made against FC Nantes.

The suggestions that have been made can be wholly dismissed as false.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/cl ... ent-260422

Re: Don’t buy the S*n

Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Have neither bought or read that rag (or its now defunct and shamed sister paper) for 30+ years, after they first championed the Thatcher war against the NUM and later a 100% false and politically motivated campaign against another union I was a member of

Reading their blatant lies with little or no chance of recourse was an enlightening experience of how government (no matter who is in power) uses the media to knowingly help push its agenda; often at any cost

The Mail are the current worse... :evil:

Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:57 pm

Sven wrote:Have neither bought or read that rag (or its now defunct and shamed sister paper) for 30+ years, after they first championed the Thatcher war against the NUM and later a 100% false and politically motivated campaign against another union I was a member of

Reading their blatant lies with little or no chance of recourse was an enlightening experience of how government (no matter who is in power) uses the media to knowingly help push its agenda; often at any cost

Mail have to take some blame themselves, but their report regarding false Sala claim was sourced from the sun

Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:42 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:Have neither bought or read that rag (or its now defunct and shamed sister paper) for 30+ years, after they first championed the Thatcher war against the NUM and later a 100% false and politically motivated campaign against another union I was a member of

Mail have to take some blame themselves, but their report regarding false Sala claim was sourced from the sun

But the Sun sourced it from Welsh media/Walesonline.