Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did we miss a trick with Cooper.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:53 am

Listening to the sky sports panel they wee full of praise for him.One of the panel don't know his name was invited to a training success,He was amazed at the quality of the coaching.He's going to the top.

Re: Did we miss a trick with Cooper.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:55 am

stickywicket wrote:Listening to the sky sports panel they wee full of praise for him.One of the panel don't know his name was invited to a training success,He was amazed at the quality of the coaching.He's going to the top.

Not at time when we needed a manager as could only work with what we had and we all know team was not built for passing game that cooper enjoys.... probably would have same result as morison maybe bit better results wise... just shows what a good manager can fo with a failing squad like forest was.. previous manager Perdue? Left them bottom and their worse start in 108yrs! and basically cooper with same squad as done this with it but was 100 times better than city's at time :old:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:56 pm

Of course we missed a trick.
2 years later we are doing a Cooper
But now with a Morison.

I know who is most experienced
To develop into a successful sustainable club,,,
And you do too!!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:22 pm

eddiep wrote:Of course we missed a trick.
2 years later we are doing a Cooper
But now with a Morison.

I know who is most experienced
To develop into a successful sustainable club,,,
And you do too!!

Cooper been with forest part of this season... 2 yrs ago we wasnt looking for a manager when he got sacked! and like I said we didn't have a squad capable of playing way cooper does... but it's a different story now so why not poach him from forest? :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:29 pm

It happens. I wouldn’t be too upset about it.
Arsenal missed out on signing Ibrahimovic. Warnock missed out on signing Van Dijk. We apparently missed out on signing Luis Diaz.

Every club will have their “imagine if” signings. I think Morison has done a good job with a team he inherited and an even better job once he was able to bring in his own players. If we’re offloading 5-10 players this summer and Morison gets a decent say who comes in then I’m looking forward to next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:28 pm

Large Arge wrote:It happens. I wouldn’t be too upset about it.
Arsenal missed out on signing Ibrahimovic. Warnock missed out on signing Van Dijk. We apparently missed out on signing Luis Diaz.

Every club will have their “imagine if” signings. I think Morison has done a good job with a team he inherited and an even better job once he was able to bring in his own players. If we’re offloading 5-10 players this summer and Morison gets a decent say who comes in then I’m looking forward to next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Morrisons tactics are suspect along with his choice of words regarding players ....but he does seem to have the right ideas when it comes to finding players doyle ect he appears to know what he wants so more confident he can get bright players to replace the dosh leftovers from previous managers.. and we'll have a good season.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:52 pm

We definitely missed a trick with Steve cooper I’m sure had warnock finished with us a bit earlier cooper would have had th3 Cardiff job He will definitely manage in the premier league whether it’s forest or someone else

Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:42 pm

Stars aligned we should have recruited him as manager, regardless of the fact he managed Swansea Town. It would have been a step up on his CV.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:12 pm

Fair play to the guy - Turned Forest season around .

Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:27 pm

We massively missed a trick he was out of work for months as we allowed Mick to plod along with his record number of losses on the trot and his stupid flat back 5 of CB's. Dalman & Choo are clueless, Morison keeping us up is down to him doing well and he deserves the credit, but it could also all have gone wrong as recent results are showing.
It was a huge error not to make an approach for Cooper and to stick with McCarthy!!

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:40 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:We massively missed a trick he was out of work for months as we allowed Mick to plod along with his record number of losses on the trot and his stupid flat back 5 of CB's. Dalman & Choo are clueless, Morison keeping us up is down to him doing well and he deserves the credit, but it could also all have gone wrong as recent results are showing.
It was a huge error not to make an approach for Cooper and to stick with McCarthy!!

Spot On :thumbup:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:40 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:We massively missed a trick he was out of work for months as we allowed Mick to plod along with his record number of losses on the trot and his stupid flat back 5 of CB's. Dalman & Choo are clueless, Morison keeping us up is down to him doing well and he deserves the credit, but it could also all have gone wrong as recent results are showing.

Spot On :thumbup:

Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:18 pm

Maybe a mistake in approaching him but given the state of the squad and way we played also the knowledge that we were cutting costs and looking in £1 and charity shops for players does anyone think that he would come to a club in such turmoil playing alien football to his style? Very unlikely unless his dad bribed him to come here... :mrgreen: