Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH / NO GOOD MORISON KEEP SAYING

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:33 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH / NO GOOD MORISON KEEP SAYING WE ARE MATCHING THESE CLUBS / BEFORE TONIGHT BORO HAD BEEN ON AWFUL RUN & WE DONT MATCH THEM WHERE IT MATTERS UPFRONT.

Massive , massive clear out needed and not just those out of contract / money also will be needed to be spent / City cant just rely on loans / freebies as this season City have ended up in their worst position for 20 years & awful runs of defeats :cry: :cry:

Boro had not won for 5 matches.

Yet again another club does the double over City, endless this season :cry: :cry:

Cardiff need a quality striker, without one, City will continue to struggle next season, they need to clear all the present strikers out, they are lower league standard. Plus some dent wingers :bluebird: :bluebird:

Striker Max Watters started upfront again for Cardiff, Watters has looked bright enough tonight, finding pockets and turning the Boro defence towards their own goal a lot. But his end product (shooting/crossing/decision-making) has been very frustrating,his finishing is not good enough for the Championship.

Tommy Doyle and Cody Drameh are way above the rest of our squad and sadly they are loan players who will most likely not return to us next season :cry: :cry:

THATS 5 DEFEATS FROM CARDIFF'S LAST 6 MATCHES / WE KEEP GOING IN TO DREADFUL RUNS & STRUGGLE TO GET OUT OF THEM :cry: :cry:

BORO HAD NOT WON IN THEIR LAST 5 GAMES & CARDIFF HAD LOST 4 OF THEIR LAST 5 GAMES.

FIRST-HALF: Cardiff started brightly, 28th min
Tavernier scored from 25 yards. Had acres of space :cry: :cry:

Boro dominated from then on. A complete switch around from the first 10-15 minutes.

Hugill had a chance towards the end of the half, but missed it.

SECOND-HALF: Boro took control and were 2nil up with in 10mins :cry: :cry: Boro controlled the game from then on, there was only ever going to be one winner in this game :cry: :cry:

MIDDLESBROUGH 2 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry: :cry:
H-T 1-0 :cry:
Crowd 18,727
Away Support 201 Cardiff fans

Cardiff City : Phillips; Drameh, Denham, Nelson, Ng; Vaulks, Wintle, Doyle, Colwill; Watters, Hugill.

Subs: Luthra, Flint, McGuinness, Semenyo, King, Harris, Collins.

Cardiff had looked ok.

GOAL! Middlesbrough 1-0 Cardiff City (Tavernier 28)
Goal. Tavernier from range. :cry: :cry:

Tavernier scores from 25 yards. Had acres of space. Phillips gets a hand on it but can't stop it going in, could of done better as shot not the best. :cry: :cry:

Boro dominated from then on. A complete switch around from the first 10-15 minutes.

Hugill had a chance towards the end of the half, but missed it.

H-T 1-0 :cry:

GOAL! Middlesbrough 2-0 Cardiff City (McGree 53)
Goal, McGree scores. Deflected in. :cry: :cry:

Drameh's loose pass is capitalised on and Howson comes away with it before feeding McGree in the box. His shot is deflected by the sliding Nelson and it's over Phillips and into the net. :cry: :cry:

58th min:Watters' cross hits the woodwork! The closest City have come all night.

Ollie Denham yellow carded. Another cynical one.

79th min: Collins on for Hugill.

Bamba had a great opportunity to make it 3nil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH / NO GOOD MORISON KEEP SAY

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:36 pm

Sat Apr 2 Cardiff City 0 Swansea City 4 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Crowd 27,870 Away Support (2,100 ) :cry: :cry:

Sat Apr 9 Reading 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: Crowd Away Support ( 2,134 ) :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Apr 15 Hull City 2 Cardiff City 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 15,685 Away (603 )

Mon Apr 18 Cardiff City 0 Luton Town 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away (1,234 )

Sat Apr 23 Sheffield United 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd 26,802 Away support ( 560 )

Wednesday 27 April Middlesborough 2 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:41 pm

Agree we didn’t have the quality tonight.

I was surprised somewhat by Watters, he was running the line well and got in good onside positions a few times, just can’t finish. Very similar type of player as Mark Harris and without a massive improvement over the summer I certainly wouldn’t keep both.

We need players who know where the back of the net is, doesn’t need to be an out and out centre forward, just someone that can score, seems at the moment we have a team of 1 in 20 go in.

Chances created tonight

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:44 pm

That was pathetic.

Lost count how many cheap passes we gave away. We made that easy for Middlesborough who lets be honest are not that good. This does not bode well for next season. I hear everyone saying lets just get this season over but is that the answer?

What a mess.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:45 pm

Tuggi wrote:Agree we didn’t have the quality tonight.

I was surprised somewhat by Watters, he was running the line well and got in good onside positions a few times, just can’t finish. Very similar type of player as Mark Harris and without a massive improvement over the summer I certainly wouldn’t keep both.

We need players who know where the back of the net is, doesn’t need to be an out and out centre forward, just someone that can score, seems at the moment we have a team of 1 in 20 go in.

Chances created tonight

Yes they give 100%, BUT just not Championship standard and we need a bigger clear out than we realised.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:46 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:That was pathetic.

Lost count how many cheap passes we gave away. We made that easy for Middlesborough who lets be honest are not that good. This does not bode well for next season. I hear everyone saying lets just get this season over but is that the answer?

What a mess.

I try to be as optimistic as possible, but I saw nothing tonight to even give me a glimmer of hope for next season. That was just absolutely piss-poor. We have midfielders who can’t pass a ball and strikers who don’t know where the goal is. :banghead:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:48 pm

Pathetic. Massive clear out needed . Vaulks another one not good enough in my opinion. We need to be backed to get a striker who can get us 15-29 goals next season and not some youngster from the lower leagues. Vincent Tan back the manager this summer as he needs it as clearly doesn’t know his best team as the last 5-6 games have proved . Players couldn’t care and it has showed. No heart no desire from 60 percent of the players minimum !

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:50 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:That was pathetic.

What a mess.

Ian, I have to admit your right, I was trying to be kind to them, Morison , No doubt will say we played well yet again.

No its not the answer, as i said back in July I was worried, I am even more worried for next season :cry: :cry:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:50 pm

Morison has treated the end of season like a glorified pre-season. He doesn't care about the fans going to games currently. Remember he didn't get the derby 'it's just another game.' What he is failing to recognise is there will be no fans next season as this atrocious season continues. The style of play is now so slow and ponderous and yet again littered with basic errors. What does he coach? Only bright side was Colwill and Denham. I think Doyle and Dramah have had enough of this rubbish too. They wont be back. Morison needs a good start next year or he his toast.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:52 pm

A performance typical of our season as we find it near impossible to keep a clean sheet and where do you start with our forwards, Watters, Harris and Collins look exactly what they are and it's not Championship standard.

We gave a very ordinary Middlesbrough an easy route to 3 points and there is a huge challenge ahead for SM in clearing the deadwood out of this squad. We all know this squad needs root and branch surgery and this summer it's going to get it but I hope some at the top of our club are held accountable for the complete mess they made in putting the squad together last summer.

SM talks about the squad being in the transition stage but I think it needs the demolition crew in and a massive rebuild started. In my opinion SM will need at least another 3 transfer windows to get close to transition and next season is already about finishing 21st or above.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:53 pm

Crowd 19,727

201 City

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:53 pm

Just spent 549 quid on a new season. What was I thinking. If we had a midfield creating chances I'd feel better about next season but as has been said vaults not good enough. Another poor season becons unless some quality bought in. Thought Denham and Nelson did okay. Positivity alert.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:54 pm

Very disappointing tonight annis we give the ball away Very easy, no closing down ,feel sorry for the fans that travelled tonight club should remburse tham all , vt needs to back sm in the summer, not with free transfers but back the manager ccfc owe the fans a performance on Saturday not happy rant over

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:55 pm

Chances created tonight

We had a good finisher but we decided to sell him, Kieffer Moore, 2 goals when he came on as substitute against the Jacks last night!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Replies FB:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:58 pm

Replies FB:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:00 pm

That was shite. This is the worst City side for 20 years.
If it's not sorted by August we are going down.
It's dreadful to watch.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:04 pm

Wow.

Some truly shocking performances tonight and a manager who says he was proud of the performance! :o :o

NG and Denham were abysmal - kept giving the ball away and uncomfortable when anyone ran at them with the ball

Vaulks and Watters are not even non-league standard - if I ran a pub team neither would get anywhere near the starting eleven.

Colwill a decent first half then an awful second half.

Harris - League 2 standard at best.

That performance was a kick in the teeth to the two hundred brave souls facing a six hour trip back having spent lots of money and for some taken a day off work to be rewarded with that pathetic shambles of a performance.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:08 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:

Chances created tonight

We had a good finisher but we decided to sell him, Kieffer Moore, 2 goals when he came on as substitute against the Jacks last night!

He spent most of season either on sick bench or on his arse whinging to referee ...

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:14 pm

Bluemellons wrote:That was shite. This is the worst City side for 20 years.
If it's not sorted by August we are going down.
It's dreadful to watch.

Highest number of league defeats since the league moved to a 46 game season, highest number of home defeats in our history and unless we win both remaining matches the lowest points total since 2004-05.

I'd say your spot on with the worst side in 20 years.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:18 pm

Time for SM to play the players he wants to keep and look at for next season now .....
Then look at what to bring in .... Moving Forward .... :bluebird:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:53 am

SM isn’t the answer. Doesn’t have a clue how to win enough games.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:46 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Time for SM to play the players he wants to keep and look at for next season now .....

Though I agree I think Morison is running out of players that actually want to play.I think what some fans don't realise is that you can't only polish a turd so much. We are in a process that has to be gone through and even Pep couldn't get any more out of this lot.The other thing that was apparent to me was how much the youngsters wilted in the second half,even Doyle seemed to be struggling on times.A good argument for not playing too many at once.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:13 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Time for SM to play the players he wants to keep and look at for next season now .....

Though I agree I think Morison is running out of players that actually want to play.I think what some fans don't realise is that you can't only polish a turd so much. We are in a process that has to be gone through and even Pep couldn't get any more out of this lot.The other thing that was apparent to me was how much the youngsters wilted in the second half,even Doyle seemed to be struggling on times.A good argument for not playing too many at once.

Spot on, which is why he needs the summer to get rid of the dead wood that we're carrying from the Harris/McCarthy/Warnock days.

The drop off of Doyle just shows that youngsters need a sustained period of playing to build up that match hardness which is both physical and mental. He's going to be a very good player but he's not there yet and that could assist in any bid to get him back on loan next season, by which time he will be a better player for this season.

Even, Drameh is making less and less of those lung busting runs down the side and Colwill was AWOL in the 2nd half last night after being the best player on the pitch in the first half.

It doesn't make them any less a player, just means there is more work to do.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:32 am

Replies FB:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:00 am

FB:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:37 am

Complete overhaul from top to bottom is required.