Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Garbage

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:39 pm

I’ve supported this club bot 42 years and by god I’ve witnessed some dross. This was to another level. I don’t even know where to begin. Woeful just plain woeful. Managers comment of “I was proud of performance “ is vexing and lamentable. I truly fear for us next season. We have ZERO creativity and even worse striking power. Just truly speechless

Re: Garbage

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:48 pm

Big Ceri wrote:I’ve supported this club bot 42 years and by god I’ve witnessed some dross. This was to another level. I don’t even know where to begin. Woeful just plain woeful. Managers comment of “I was proud of performance “ is vexing and lamentable. I truly fear for us next season. We have ZERO creativity and even worse striking power. Just truly speechless

Why don’t they challenge his answers?

What was he proud off?

What did he see that encouraged optimism amongst fans?

I have followed the City since 1965. I saw nothing to convince me. No pace in our game. A lack of penetration. Nothing to challenge their defence. Too passive. An awful goalkeeper. Yet they want me to renew my season ticket for the twenty second successive year? Get a new manager with passion and affiliation for the club and I might. I have no trust in this fellow from South London.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:53 pm

He's clearly smoking the crack pipe to say he's proud of that. Unbelievable :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:59 pm

I would now question those who, at the beginning of the year, were saying we had had an excellent summer transfer window.

It is Garbage, but many simply will not have it. The responses will include

1. " Do you want us to throw millions at it" (no, but investment in quality is needed as is the need to be competitive, and for that you have to have a common sense budget)

2. "Lets not be the next Derby County". (Derby Countys financial problems ran far deeper than ours. And you cannot keep defending Tans hold on the purse strings by spouting the name Derby County all the time)

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:04 pm

Didn't turn up AGAIN SM the fans deserve better than THIS, we cannot carry on like this we are embarrassing sort this out ASAP YOU AND THE TEAM OWE US A PERFORMANCE AFTER THAT NON EVENT

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:12 pm

The manager is deluded and can't motivate the team, he just can't motivate even in the big games. So we got no chance in the end-of-season games that don't matter - hence the last five results.
Just no motivation from the Manager, we don't have the senior players to motivate the youngsters.
I work 7 days a week, I have Saturday afternoon off my work for home games "I had enough now" Why do I love this club?????

Three words "Motivation, Motivation, Motivation"

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:42 pm

Perhaps if we loose to brum last home game the fans should let morrison know what they think
the attidude that he is manager next season and the last 5 games and whats left of this season does' nt really matter is the feeling i get from the manager
i am sure about 10 games back he was all for pushing on to see how far we can climb the table
He has also distant himself from the fans imo
Most fans will give him the benefit of the doubt next season to build his team but its going to be another bargain basement team i fear and certainly no ambition for any thoughts of promotion
even less from the owner and board.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:37 pm

I dont subscribe to the ' nothing to play for ' line
There is ALWAYS something to play for. The fact that thwre is no pressure really shoudl be a good thing
Boro , done it to us back in 2011 (I think) 3-0
We looked beaten from teh start again and its so depressing
I can take losing to better teams the odd shite performance etc. All part of it but tonight was abysmal (again)

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:58 am

Big clear out and take SM with them.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:23 am

A few over-reactions on here.

While the Jury is still out on Morison for me he is not to blame for the state of the current squad.

The situation he, and we, find ourselves in with regards to the playing squad is almost unprecedented... a tiny squad where half are out of contract, seen better days, know they are leaving and not good enough anyway, and the other half made up of inexperienced youngsters and loan players whom we have flogged to death. We look tired and slow.

Add to that the complete unbalanced nature of the squad.. almost zero pace and flair, no wingers (NONE!) and no proven goal scorer. Additionally, any success we have had over the last few years was due to our 'robust' and direct playing style... reliant on characters, long balls, set pieces and the occasional bit of flair (Junior, NML, Wilson, Ojo etc) - which is now redundant as we don't have the personnel or appetite for that anymore.

It's bonkers and the board (and Warnock, Harris and especially Mick) should hang their heads in shame for the way the playing squad has been neglected over the last few years.

Is Morison the right person, given our budget constraints, to take us forward? I don't know, I have my doubts.

But I do think he deserves a bit of leniency for these remaining games because these performances are the result of a number of years of under investment in our squad and even if another manager could get a better tune out of them, it is only papering over the major cracks in our playing squad.

I have never looked forward to the end of a season more than this one.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:51 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:A few over-reactions on here.

While the Jury is still out on Morison for me he is not to blame for the state of the current squad.

The situation he, and we, find ourselves in with regards to the playing squad is almost unprecedented... a tiny squad where half are out of contract, seen better days, know they are leaving and not good enough anyway, and the other half made up of inexperienced youngsters and loan players whom we have flogged to death. We look tired and slow.

Add to that the complete unbalanced nature of the squad.. almost zero pace and flair, no wingers (NONE!) and no proven goal scorer. Additionally, any success we have had over the last few years was due to our 'robust' and direct playing style... reliant on characters, long balls, set pieces and the occasional bit of flair (Junior, NML, Wilson, Ojo etc) - which is now redundant as we don't have the personnel or appetite for that anymore.

It's bonkers and the board (and Warnock, Harris and especially Mick) should hang their heads in shame for the way the playing squad has been neglected over the last few years.

Is Morison the right person, given our budget constraints, to take us forward? I don't know, I have my doubts.

But I do think he deserves a bit of leniency for these remaining games because these performances are the result of a number of years of under investment in our squad and even if another manager could get a better tune out of them, it is only papering over the major cracks in our playing squad.

Excellent post AB and it sums it up perfectly.

Totally agree with your points and also agree that SM should be judged on next season. :bluebird:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:29 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:A few over-reactions on here.

Excellent post AB and it sums it up perfectly.

Totally agree with your points and also agree that SM should be judged on next season. :bluebird:

:thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:36 am

Regarding motivation, man-management, and tactics - the buck stops with the BOSS. We have not even mentioned the lack of respect for the fans, money hard to find, 600-mile round trip, do me a favour SM, learn to motivate your players, learn tactic management and RESPECT your fans.
Yes, he is a young manager with a lot to learn, but stop being deluded. I believe the guy needed a few more seasons with the 23s, the appointment was just a bit too early, managing the kids and the seniors are miles apart.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:48 am

This season is over.
New squad next season.
Apparently Wigan changed there whole squad at the start of this season.Theyve just got promoted.
So you never know. Pigs might fly

Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:55 am

ccfcbiker wrote:Regarding motivation, man-management, and tactics - the buck stops with the BOSS. We have not even mentioned the lack of respect for the fans, money hard to find, 600-mile round trip, do me a favour SM, learn to motivate your players, learn tactic management and RESPECT your fans.
Yes, he is a young manager with a lot to learn, but stop being deluded. I believe the guy needed a few more seasons with the 23s, the appointment was just a bit too early, managing the kids and the seniors are miles apart.

What a load of shite you write. Why don't you tells us with your superior knowledge just exactly where he's going wrong.

Has it ever occurred to you that it could be the players attitude that is at fault, something that's seen off the last 3 managers.
Getting pissed up and shouting at the tele doesn't work.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:07 am

The only superior knowledge is the opposition manager of Morison.
Take the biggest game of our season, the Jacks, and compare two YOUNG managers
Team selection = Morison 0 Martin 1,
Tactics = Morison 0 Martin 2
Motivation = Morison 0 Martin 3
Man management = Morison 0 Martin 4

Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:10 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
ccfcbiker wrote:
What a load of shite you write. Why don't you tells us with your superior knowledge just exactly where he's going wrong.

Has it ever occurred to you that it could be the players attitude that is at fault, something that's seen off the last 3 managers.
Getting pissed up and shouting at the tele doesn't work.

This is hardly the same side that got other managers sacked???

Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:26 am

ccfcbiker wrote:The only superior knowledge is the opposition manager of Morison.
Take the biggest game of our season, the Jacks, and compare two YOUNG managers
Team selection = Morison 0 Martin 1,
Tactics = Morison 0 Martin 2
Motivation = Morison 0 Martin 3
Man management = Morison 0 Martin 4

Just guesswork on your part.I'd like to see you and others like you try all this shouty, shouty shite in the dressing room and see how your superior people skills get on.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:54 am

The players/management are doing the exact same as us fans. I haven’t really cared since the management and players thought that the international break was the end of the season.

If he had played more U23s with potential I.e Leahy, Crole, Ashford then I think we may have finished better off. Young, hungry players looking to make their mark but instead he’s persisted with many players that are not going to be here next season so are we surprised?

Phillips isn’t the answer in goal. Had a really good run in goal last season but has been dreadful this season when he’s played. If Luthra doesn’t play the next two then what’s the point. I thought Hugill was going to be the real deal after his first few games but he scored less than Kieffer. He may try hard but he lacks the instincts of a clinical striker. Give me a non trying Moore over Hugill any day of the week. Felt harsh on Watters last night, got himself into some really good positions but Hugill just seemed to ignore him. Chance in the first half where Hugill took it right off watters toes who had a clean strike running onto the ball.

Impressed with Morison up until the Swansea game, seems like everyone has given up since then. Give him the summer, if there’s one department he’s excelled in then it was recruitment. The first 3/4 signings will give me a good indication of the type of team he has in mind and what his remit is for next season.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:39 pm

I was never happy with SM's prementent appointment before it became trendy but I am at a loss as to what you think he could do differently?

I am sure if we needed the points it would have been direct and tight, Flinty to Hugil with a runner off him. All pretty uninventive but would have stolen a few points more.

We have no pace apart from Drameh, with Bagan unavailable we couldn't go with wingbacks
Vaulks is not Ralls, he struggles to turn with the ball and in a 4231 you will take a lot of ball back to goal.
The whole trick for next season will be how to get Rubin into the game, we need to try things

We need to see if Watters can hack it at championship level, he looked more threatening than the high earning Hugil but like Hugil fluffed his lines. Hugil looks less effective as we pass it more, can't see him doing that much back at Norwich. But as we are going to need good loans we must be seen as fair to them.

I thought the intent to pass caused over loads on the flanks but we just don't have the players to exploit the time and space it caused. I'd rather see Rubin looking for passes and finding them than Flinty smacking it to Hugil