Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A VIEW FROM AFAR (v Middlesbrough)

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:09 pm

It was always going to be a test tonight on two fronts; firstly, Boro being in the mix for a Play-off place, and secondly the Bluebirds being in 'experimental' mode, no matter what the manager or anyone else says

Those who played tonight had a chamce to show they can be part of the Steve Morison revolution (some might say evolution) for next season. This season is effectively done and I think he is right to see what he has aleady at his disposal

So what conclusions can we draw from this and the last few games?

For me, it's simple but maybe not so easy to solve; and that's where we will see if Steve Morison's early 'promise' is justified

The major issue for me, is that we don't have a strike force who can consistently score goals and Keiffer Moore's one season apart, it's been like this for some time. It has to be sorted as a priority this summer and it won't be easy; but what I will say is that I sincerely hope we don't try to keep Hugill and/or have to rely on what else we currently have. Simply not good enough!

In midfield we need a (maybe two) mobile midfielders who can get the ball moving. I was a little on the fence with both Ralls and Vaulks but I now believe we can get better and more consistent

I have no issues with wing backs but they have to be utilised properly. Cody Drameh has been a revelation and I would love to have him back for next season. Same with Tommy Doylr

At the back, I don't actually think we are too far away; but our young defenders simply have to learn from their far too oft individual mistakes. We always seem to be battling games from behind and that heaps pressure on our lads, whilst emboldening the opposition (Swansea was the worst example)

I see optimism; but it wholly depends on Steve Morison getting the most out of whatever budget he has and pulls in the players he wants and says he has identified

I saw positives today; but they neep help in the summer...

Looking forward to next season now; but watching the remainder of this with interest :thumbup:

Re: A VIEW FROM AFAR (v Middlesbrough)

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:24 pm

I think SM has a plan in respect of forwards for next season and I won't be surprised if their not young PL players who need match experience. Good strikers cost big money and as he has no money surely it will be young starlets chomping on the bit and I hope he gets them.

I'll be glad when the season is over and I'm looking forward to what SM can do this summer.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:31 pm

castleblue wrote:I think SM has a plan in respect of forwards for next season and I won't be surprised if their not young PL players who need match experience. Good strikers cost big money and as he has no money surely it will be young starlets chomping on the bit and I hope he gets them.

I'll be glad when the season is over and I'm looking forward to what SM can do this summer.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I hope so Gary; and like you I am more enthused than many out there... :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:53 pm

I'm another. The dummy spitters are out in force tonight.Even the rebadged Roathie has made a comeback even though he said he was done. Like everything else he's posted is Bullshit.

Most of the youngsters faded in the second half. It would make no difference if Pep was manager with the current set of players and at risk of getting pelters some of the posters on this forum don't know their mothers arse from her fanny.

The joker who said he's been watching the City for forty years and this is the worst side he's ever seen belongs in a care home.
The current squad has seen off three managers but I'm sure Morrison won't be a forth. How many managers does it take for some fans to realise that it's not the manager that needs to go.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:14 am

Sven wrote:It was always going to be a test tonight on two fronts; firstly, Boro being in the mix for a Play-off place, and secondly the Bluebirds being in 'experimental' mode, no matter what the manager or anyone else says

Those who played tonight had a chamce to show they can be part of the Steve Morison revolution (some might say evolution) for next season. This season is effectively done and I think he is right to see what he has aleady at his disposal

So what conclusions can we draw from this and the last few games?

For me, it's simple but maybe not so easy to solve; and that's where we will see if Steve Morison's early 'promise' is justified

The major issue for me, is that we don't have a strike force who can consistently score goals and Keiffer Moore's one season apart, it's been like this for some time. It has to be sorted as a priority this summer and it won't be easy; but what I will say is that I sincerely hope we don't try to keep Hugill and/or have to rely on what else we currently have. Simply not good enough!

In midfield we need a (maybe two) mobile midfielders who can get the ball moving. I was a little on the fence with both Ralls and Vaulks but I now believe we can get better and more consistent

I have no issues with wing backs but they have to be utilised properly. Cody Drameh has been a revelation and I would love to have him back for next season. Same with Tommy Doylr

At the back, I don't actually think we are too far away; but our young defenders simply have to learn from their far too oft individual mistakes. We always seem to be battling games from behind and that heaps pressure on our lads, whilst emboldening the opposition (Swansea was the worst example)

I see optimism; but it wholly depends on Steve Morison getting the most out of whatever budget he has and pulls in the players he wants and says he has identified

I saw positives today; but they neep help in the summer...

Looking forward to next season now; but watching the remainder of this with interest :thumbup:

Chris 100% agree I am not reading to much into these last couple of matches, but we are in desperate need of 1 or 2 strikers who can find the back of the net, and this is going to be a very difficult task for Morison, lets hope he can deliver :ayatollah: