Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is Morison the man for the rebuild ?

Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:59 am

Give him the summer to build a squad and see what he does with it. It's the long streaks of defeats that worry me, which tell me he doesn't have the ideas to turn things around. Any run similar like that before Christmas and I'd get rid.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:52 am

A No from me but who knows, i think the board and Tan will be happy to avoid relegation. Doesn't seem to be much ambition from above.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:03 am

He does deserve a chance but it is a risk. At this stage (as already been said) who else?? He does now know the club and has improved the team since he took over. With no money anyone would be a risk really. The recent results is typical of a team with nothing to play for with players who know they are not going to be here next year.
We will know quite quickly as there will be no excuses in September as it will be his team. As Annis said let’s support him and judge at Xmas.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:51 am

Double G wrote:Whats peoples thoughts on if Morison is the man for the rebuild ?

Tbf he done a good job in keeping us up and the players brought in seem decent (or did when something to play for).
But i believe this is a critical time for us now with the rebuild.

I think he can get some good players, but is he experianced enough to have a complete rebuild and implement a style of play to take us forward ?

Personally starting to have my doubts now.

Does he need help above him ? Like a Bellamy type person ?

Critical time for us over the summer and if we get it wrong, then not even Pep could save us.

It could also go the other way and him turn into a hero if he gets it right.

Im interested in others thought due to our recent bad form and the red flags with his interviews etc

No thank him for keeping us up, give him his old job back with the under 23's he was doing a good job, and get on the phone to Sean Dyche before he's gone!

Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:03 am

I’ll give him a chance to bring his players in this summer. Results haven’t been great recently but if the majority of people you manage don’t give a toss then what do you expect? He’s not going to get motivated for it if he knows it’s falling on deaf ears. Let him get his players in and go from there. No point sacking him now when he’s probably already tied up a few deals.