Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ' FRIDAY 29TH APRIL 2022 '

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:01 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: " STEVE MORISON UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Friday 29th April 2022

After 5 defeats in City's last 6 games (4 defeats in a row) and Cardiff's lowest league postion for 20 yrs, Morison will update Cardiff fans on his plans & how he feels.

The Bluebirds cannot afford to start next season sluggishly, which they have done the last three years, and Steve Morison wants all his ducks in a row by the end of July as that first game comes around.

Morison has already said that Cardiff will utilise the loan market again this summer and add freebies to make the rest of the squad up.

Assessment of the season?

STEVE MORISON:

"Obviously as fruitful as maybe everyone thought it was going to be at the start. Obviously since I came in, I obviously had a job to do and obviously we’ve done it."

"That’s the plus point. If you actually look at it for the whole season, if we continued in the same run of form at the start, we’d have been in a nice healthy position and we’d have been possibly sitting here not far outside the play-offs and pushing."

Morison

STEVE MORISON:

"THE LEAGUE TABLE DOES NOT LIE, YOU ARE THEIR ON YOUR OWN MERIT."

STEVE MORISON:

“We will be looking to bring players in earlier this year than normal and hopefully get a good start in August.”

STEVE MORISON:

"Joel Bagan could miss the game due to a hip injury."

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: " READ BELOW ALL STEVE MORISONS UPDATES " :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Form gives you high hopes over next season?

STEVE MORISON:

"100 per cent. Stats are there. 1.3 points a game. From where we were in the transfer window and where we’ve come out the other side. We’ve been in a really healthy position."

"That’s the building blocks for us to build off of that. You have to look at it as a whole. Not just in this little patch where the team looks different, the squad looks different. Everything's different right now. It’s just the reality of coming to the end, unfortunately. You have to look at it from a building block of where to start from and starting from that."

"I keep drumming on about next year but that’s the reality of where we are. That’s what I have to do when we lose a game."

"Yes we’ve lost a few in a row now, but I just take myself away and realise that we’ve got somewhere to go. I was doing Zooms with potential new players yesterday afternoon and showing them where to go. What we’re doing, what we’re trying to do. That just keeps me excited and keeps me looking forward."

Morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE MORISON:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:01 am

STEVE MORISON:

Assessment of the season?

STEVE MORISON:

"Obviously as fruitful as maybe everyone thought it was going to be at the start. Obviously since I came in, I obviously had a job to do and obviously we’ve done it."

"That’s the plus point. If you actually look at it for the whole season, if we continued in the same run of form at the start, we’d have been in a nice healthy position and we’d have been possibly sitting here not far outside the play-offs and pushing."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:02 am

STEVE MORISON:

"THE LEAGUE TABLE DOES NOT LIE, YOU ARE THEIR ON YOUR OWN MERIT."

LOWEST LEAGUE POSITION FOR 20 YEARS / WORST EVER RUN THIS SEASON IN 120 YRS OF CARDIFF CITY'S HISTORY :cry: :cry:

Bristol do the double / Swansea do the double / plus many more clubs do the double over Cardiff City :cry: :cry:

Sat Apr 2 Cardiff City 0 Swansea City 4 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Crowd 27,870 Away Support (2,100 ) :cry: :cry:

Sat Apr 9 Reading 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: Crowd Away Support ( 2,134 ) :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Apr 15 Hull City 2 Cardiff City 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 15,685 Away (603 )

Mon Apr 18 Cardiff City 0 Luton Town 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away (1,234 )

Sat Apr 23 Sheffield United 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd 26,802 Away support ( 560 )

Wednesday 27 April Middlesborough 2 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 19,727 Away (190) :cry: :cry:

Sat Apr 30 Cardiff City v Birmingham City Crowd Away ( )

Sat May 7 Derby County v Cardiff City Crowd Away ( )

UPDATED:

‘’Derby County 21 points deducted

‘Reading 6 points deducted

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:05 am

STEVE MORISON:

Any changes to squad?

"No. Exactly as we had in midweek. We trained this morning. It was the same group. Same bodies and it’s the same squad for Saturday."

Morison

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:05 am

STEVE MORISON:

Last home game of the season - good to go out on high?

"We want to give the home fans a positive performance, which then feeds into the players going round and thanking the fans for sticking with us. From a personal point of view, it would be nice sign off with three points. Winning that last game at home would be a great way to end the season."

Morison

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:14 am

STEVE MORISON:

What players?

"That’s for me to know and for you lot to all to find out!"

Morison

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:16 am

STEVE MORISON:

"There are a lot of young players in this squad."

"We champion the young players and they have been excellent. But they need help. Regardless of what anyone says, they are not fully-fledged Championship players yet."

"Middlesbrough have got hundreds of Championship and Premier League players across the board and we will go there with a bunch of players who have played their first season in the Championship and are putting them on a level par.

"There is a reality to it and we understand the reality. For me it’s a really exciting future, but I can't wait for June 1 to come."

It's difficult to tell which of the young players will be a success and have long careers at Cardiff or elsewhere, although with each passing game judgements are being made by people within the club and fans looking in from the outside.

"Now we have the opportunity to build something of our own with substance, for the benefit of the football club, for the benefit of the fans, so we don’t have situations like this again," Morison added on the transfer situation.

"We are at the start of a cycle now and it’s got to continually evolve over the years."

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:16 am

STEVE MORISON:

Players on loan or free transfers?

Steve Morison:

"Both are playing abroad at the minute and fit the bills of what we want. How they fit in with what we do. I didn’t show them anything they couldn’t do. Our players are doing it now and they’re doing it at their clubs. It was me just laying it down to them about what I expect from them when they walk through the door if they decide to join us. I tell them I haven’t just plucked you out of the air."

"There’s a reason because you fit the physical profile and technical profile of what we want, and sell them the club and project."

"I said it to the player yesterday, ‘You're one of one Zoom I’ve done. You’re not one of ten in your position. You’re the target. This is why we want you. Hopefully all is good and you come and join us’. Then I take his questions, family questions, agent questions. Then we go from there. That’s the process. Hopefully it pays off."

Morison

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:17 am

STEVE MORISON:

What happens next?

Steve Morison:

"Hopefully the agent gives us a call. We do the Zoom because we’ve agreed the other stuff. It’s just that person committing. The finances are done. "

"There’s no point having a Zoom with you if we’re going to have to keep negotiating. The Zoom’s the final bit. Find out what they want. Find out if it’s feasible. If it’s not feasible then there’s no point wasting our time having the conversation. If it gets this far, it means we’re getting closer. You like to have agreements."

"Hopefully the old gentleman’s agreement is in place. Once we can officially sign it, we do, subject to medicals etc. There’s a lot going into it. If I can, we’ve had a couple come in here in person. It’s not all talk just before we’ve lost a couple of games. If I had my laptop you’d know."

Morison

STEVE MORISON:

Hopeful of early business then?

Steve Morison:

"We know what market we’re in. The players won’t have clubs either so there will be no reason as of June 22 that these people won’t be in the building. It won’t be everybody, but it will be as many as we can physically do. That goes for the loans too."

"Some of the loans from the Premier League clubs they’re for people to come in and join in pre-season. We want them in for the start of pre-season so that they can be a part of the culture."

"The only reason they would leave before January is if I’ve left. If I left and someone comes in and changes what we do and Liverpool or Man City or someone else don’t like it they can call them back."

Morison

STEVE MORISON:

Josh Murphy?

"It was weird when I heard it the other day. He’s a Preston player. Contract with them until the loan ends. He’s their player to deal with. I haven’t had any dialogue with him."

Morison

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:29 am

STEVE MORISON:

Ralls?

"No updates on any contracts unfortunately."

Morison

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:30 am

Steve Morison is only in his position because :

(1) He comes very cheap

(2) He obeys and accepts Tan’s involvement in team selection and tactics.

(3) He is compliant to try to put a new team at a very low budget and wages .

Morison can’t believe his luck in becoming our manager and is therefore extremely happy to go along with doing as he is told.

Will he succeed next season ? I very much hope so and wish him all the best ….but frankly I am expecting a mediocre season at best.

Tan Has To Go ! Tan Wants To Go !

Players and managers come and go and are judged by their performance and ability - and so do owners.

Vincent Tan makes all the key decisions - from budget , to buying and selling players , to who the manager is , to communicating regularly directly and constantly with the manager , to appointing the chairman , CEO and directors . He decides how the club is run.

The key people he appoints , advise and provide information and give opinions and finally carry out his instructions. He owns and controls the club and he pays the money ….so he makes the decisions.

Everyone agrees that ,at best , he knows very little about football and that he is not a football man. He is not emotionally attached to the Club or it’s fans and under him the Club lost its soul.

ALL HE EVER HAD WAS MONEY ….but now it appears that there is very little money left for us ….. so what more has he to offer ??? Almost NOTHING !!!

For the sake of the club as well as his own sake ….the guy must go !! What is equally significant is that I hear that he is all but desperate to sell and get out asap ….if we are to believe the rumors (I personally do).

After 12 years of ownership the question of him leaving is a matter of time.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:30 am

STEVE MORISON:

Birmingham?

"I’m expecting a tough test. They'll want to come and ruin our last home game. We need to dust ourselves down after Wednesday. Long travel, we need to pick the best team going into that."

Morison

Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:24 am

Joel Bagan's injury

Joel Bagan missed out on Wednesday night's defeat by Middlesbrough owing to a hip injury, Steve Morison said.

Bagan enjoyed a purple patch of form back in February, scoring three goals in as many matches as he gained praise from fans and pundits alike.

However, since the Swansea City game, his confidence just appears to have waned and has continued to make a number of mistakes in matches. But given Alfie Doughty has been sent back to Stoke City with an injury of his own, it was thought Bagan would be given a free run at the left-back spot for the rest of the season.

But Perry Ng was deployed as a makeshift left back for the trip to Teesside, leaving supporters to wonder why Bagan was not in the squad. However, Morison shed light on the situation and said the defender might not be available for Saturday's game with Birmingham.

STEVE MORISON:

"He had a tight hip," Morison said of Bagan. "He didn't train. Hopefully he will be all right for Birmingham, but it's out of my control. It's up to him whether he's OK or not."

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ' FRIDAY 29TH APRIL 2022 '

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:44 am

Form gives you high hopes over next season?

STEVE MORISON:

"100 per cent. Stats are there. 1.3 points a game. From where we were in the transfer window and where we’ve come out the other side. We’ve been in a really healthy position."

"That’s the building blocks for us to build off of that. You have to look at it as a whole. Not just in this little patch where the team looks different, the squad looks different. Everything's different right now. It’s just the reality of coming to the end, unfortunately. You have to look at it from a building block of where to start from and starting from that."

"I keep drumming on about next year but that’s the reality of where we are. That’s what I have to do when we lose a game."

"Yes we’ve lost a few in a row now, but I just take myself away and realise that we’ve got somewhere to go. I was doing Zooms with potential new players yesterday afternoon and showing them where to go. What we’re doing, what we’re trying to do. That just keeps me excited and keeps me looking forward."

Morison

Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:07 am

Cardiff City's Steve Morison reveals Zoom calls with targets as deal all sorted

The Cardiff boss has met with several players over Zoom recently to discuss possible moves

By Tom Coleman Sports Writer

Steve Morison has suggested that his side are closing in on a transfer breakthrough ahead of the summer window - and says he hopes to have players through the door before they return for pre-season training.

STEVE MORISON:

"I keep drumming on about next year but that’s the reality of where we are," he said. "That’s what I have to do when we lose a game. Yes we’ve lost a few in a row now, but I just take myself away and realise that we’ve got somewhere to go.

"I was doing Zooms with potential new players yesterday and showing them where to go. What we’re doing, what we’re trying to do. That just keeps me excited and keeps me looking forward."

The likes of Jak Alnwick, Josh Laurent, Andy Zeriqi and defender Aji Alese are among those believed to be on the radar, but Cardiff are looking further afield too. Indeed, the Cardiff boss says two players he's spoken to are currently plying overseas.

STEVE MORISON:

"Both are playing abroad at the minute and fit the bill of what we want. I didn’t show them anything they couldn’t do.

"Our players are doing it now and they’re doing it at their clubs. It was me just laying it down to them about what I expect from them when they walk through the door if they decide to join us.

"I tell them, 'I haven’t just plucked you out of the air. There’s a reason because you fit the physical profile and technical profile of what we want', and then sell them the club and project.

"I said it to a player yesterday, ‘You're one of one Zoom I’ve done. You’re not one of ten in your position. You’re the target. This is why we want you. Hopefully all is good and you come and join us’. Then I take his questions, family questions, agent questions. Then we go from there. That’s the process. Hopefully it pays off."

Morison is clearly hopeful of some early breakthroughs in the summer, and would clearly like a few new faces in place in time for pre-season training later next month as he bids to fully make his mark on this team.

"We do the Zoom because we’ve agreed the other stuff," he continued. "It’s just that person committing. The finances are done. There’s no point having a Zoom with you if we’re going to have to keep negotiating. The Zoom’s the final bit. Find out what they want. Find out if it’s feasible. If it’s not feasible then there’s no point wasting our time having the conversation. If it gets this far, it means we’re getting closer. You like to have agreements.

"Hopefully the old gentleman’s agreement is in place. Once we can officially sign it, we do, subject to medicals etc. There’s a lot going into it. If I can, we’ve had a couple come in here in person. It’s not all talk just before we’ve lost a couple of games. If I had my laptop you’d know.

"We know what market we’re in. The players won’t have clubs either so there will be no reason as of June 22 that these people won’t be in the building. It won’t be everybody, but it will be as many as we can physically do."

Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:08 am

Cardiff City's Steve Morison reveals Zoom calls with targets as deal all sorted

The Cardiff boss has met with several players over Zoom recently to discuss possible moves

By Tom Coleman Sports Writer

Steve Morison has suggested that his side are closing in on a transfer breakthrough ahead of the summer window - and says he hopes to have players through the door before they return for pre-season training.

STEVE MORISON:

"I keep drumming on about next year but that’s the reality of where we are," he said. "That’s what I have to do when we lose a game. Yes we’ve lost a few in a row now, but I just take myself away and realise that we’ve got somewhere to go.

"I was doing Zooms with potential new players yesterday and showing them where to go. What we’re doing, what we’re trying to do. That just keeps me excited and keeps me looking forward."

The likes of Jak Alnwick, Josh Laurent, Andy Zeriqi and defender Aji Alese are among those believed to be on the radar, but Cardiff are looking further afield too. Indeed, the Cardiff boss says two players he's spoken to are currently plying overseas.

STEVE MORISON:

"Both are playing abroad at the minute and fit the bill of what we want. I didn’t show them anything they couldn’t do.

"Our players are doing it now and they’re doing it at their clubs. It was me just laying it down to them about what I expect from them when they walk through the door if they decide to join us.

"I tell them, 'I haven’t just plucked you out of the air. There’s a reason because you fit the physical profile and technical profile of what we want', and then sell them the club and project.

"I said it to a player yesterday, ‘You're one of one Zoom I’ve done. You’re not one of ten in your position. You’re the target. This is why we want you. Hopefully all is good and you come and join us’. Then I take his questions, family questions, agent questions. Then we go from there. That’s the process. Hopefully it pays off."

Morison is clearly hopeful of some early breakthroughs in the summer, and would clearly like a few new faces in place in time for pre-season training later next month as he bids to fully make his mark on this team.

"We do the Zoom because we’ve agreed the other stuff," he continued. "It’s just that person committing. The finances are done. There’s no point having a Zoom with you if we’re going to have to keep negotiating. The Zoom’s the final bit. Find out what they want. Find out if it’s feasible. If it’s not feasible then there’s no point wasting our time having the conversation. If it gets this far, it means we’re getting closer. You like to have agreements.

"Hopefully the old gentleman’s agreement is in place. Once we can officially sign it, we do, subject to medicals etc. There’s a lot going into it. If I can, we’ve had a couple come in here in person. It’s not all talk just before we’ve lost a couple of games. If I had my laptop you’d know.

"We know what market we’re in. The players won’t have clubs either so there will be no reason as of June 22 that these people won’t be in the building. It won’t be everybody, but it will be as many as we can physically do."

Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 am

Lee Bowyer:

“I can’t thank Birmingham fans enough. Every time that we’ve travelled up and down the country, they’ve been there in their numbers and haven’t stopped singing from start to finish no matter what the result. Me and the players are grateful for their support this year.”

"Tomorrow once again, we are taking massive support, i hear up to 2,000, thats amazing."