Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ THE TRUTH / REALITY “

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:22 am

Steve Morison is only in his position because :

(1) He comes very cheap

(2) He obeys and accepts Tan’s involvement in team selection and tactics.

(3) He is compliant to try to put a new team at a very low budget and wages .

Morison can’t believe his luck in becoming our manager and is therefore extremely happy to go along with doing as he is told.

Will he succeed next season ? I very much hope so and wish him all the best ….but frankly I am expecting a mediocre season at best.

Tan Has To Go ! Tan Wants To Go !

Players and managers come and go and are judged by their performance and ability - and so do owners.

Vincent Tan makes all the key decisions - from budget , to buying and selling players , to who the manager is , to communicating regularly directly and constantly with the manager , to appointing the chairman , CEO and directors . He decides how the club is run.

The key people he appoints , advise and provide information and give opinions and finally carry out his instructions. He owns and controls the club and he pays the money ….so he makes the decisions.

Everyone agrees that ,at best , he knows very little about football and that he is not a football man. He is not emotionally attached to the Club or it’s fans and under him the Club lost its soul.

ALL HE EVER HAD WAS MONEY ….but now it appears that there is very little money left for us ….. so what more has he to offer ??? Almost NOTHING !!!

For the sake of the club as well as his own sake ….the guy must go !! What is equally significant is that I hear that he is all but desperate to sell and get out asap ….if we are to believe the rumors (I personally do).

After 12 years of ownership the question of him leaving is a matter of time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ THE TRUTH / REALITY “

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:25 am

There are a lot of true points you have stated and the future is bleak, fans are at low points, what we need is to hear from Tan himself and for him to outline his true plans for the Bluebirds

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:28 am

Tan has taken us as far as he could, lost interest, bored of his toy and time to move on, no more excuses :cry:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:36 am

Vince Alm( Cardiff City Supporters Club ) :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:39 am

Actions speak louder than words.

VT actions reiterate everything that has been said

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:44 am

Tan is a centi- millionaire (worth hundreds of millions) not a billionaire.

He has “burnt” £200 million on us …according to Dalman (in a televised interview)….this was a year ago … so now possibly more ? This money adds up in shares , loans and creditors.

Probably he cannot afford to or at least want to burn any more money on us ….and anyone can understand that. Tan is rich but there are so many football owners richer than him ….. this means that he is ‘out of league’ and is no longer in a position to financially force his way into the Premiere League.

This is possibly why he has had enough and understandably wants out asap (I think).

What he is doing now is taking the players’ wages down to the minimum possible level . This should keep the club’s losses to what he can afford , while at the same time making the yearly financial drain low ….in order to attract a buyer .

His football plan is to rely on freebees , loanees and young players from our setup or other clubs. Frankly this is the only choice he has . To implement his program he employed a compliant manager who is very glad to be given this opportunity.

Next season is going to be an extremely interesting season …..with a hell of a lot of changes on and off the pitch.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:47 am

These threads all the time are getting a bit tiresome now ,we know what the club are doing in the summer ,Morison has said he's bringing in 10 to 15 players ,this season is a write off and terrible but I'm looking forward to next season ,Morison tbf has changed the style and yes we lost last night nd last few but look at the chances weve creating and were wasted over these games ,I don't think we are far away from being competitive next sesson ,just get behind the club and Morison and hopefully we will have a great season.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:48 am

Reply FB:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:52 am

Was renewing season tickets for me and family, need to see some ambition from current owners, i work hard for my money, not going through another season like this, so much bullshit from club,managers, Morison seems to be like a kid being told what to do, no one would employ him.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:09 pm

There is nothing in their that surprises me, and our league position, performances, lack of funds would make it appear there is far more truth than not.

I would say that this is not necessarily a 'bold' statement, in my opinion, but one that simply uses common sense.

Ill use that common sense phrase again. We need a COMMON SENSE budget, from a COMMON SENSE OWNER.

Too many of our fans are afraid to "Do a Derby". I never want this to happen to my club either, but I am of the opinion that Tan is withholding vital funds, not because he thinks we'll do a Derby, but simply because he wants to throw no more money at his toy.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:12 pm

Barclay1 wrote:There is nothing in their that surprises me, and our league position, performances, lack of funds would make it appear there is far more truth than not.

I would say that this is not necessarily a 'bold' statement, in my opinion, but one that simply uses common sense.

Ill use that common sense phrase again. We need a COMMON SENSE budget, from a COMMON SENSE OWNER.

Too many of our fans are afraid to "Do a Derby". I never want this to happen to my club either, but I am of the opinion that Tan is withholding vital funds, not because he thinks we'll do a Derby, but simply because he wants to throw no more money at his toy.

Look at ffp and you'll see it's not about with holding funds, you can't just spend money anymore all clubs are at the same atm

Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:48 pm

I cannot claim to know the ins and outs or the legalities of FFP, but, with respect, a number of teams HAVE spent money this season who, have not had our resources over the last 8 years or so.

At the very least clubs are spending money on wages, if not transfer fees.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:58 pm

Annis, so you're saying Tan is still getting involved with the team selection and tactics?

Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:06 pm

nubbsy wrote:Annis, so you're saying Tan is still getting involved with the team selection and tactics?

I very much doubt he is . You can't say in one breathe tan isn't interested and then says he picks the team.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:29 pm

Well there is no doubt in my mind that Tan has lost interest.

What he has done to the club is he has tried to make it sustainable while remaining in the Championship. After this season he might have to have a rethink. We will know a lot more come the summer.

He just might end up changing his mind about selling to a certain somebody.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:57 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Annis, so you're saying Tan is still getting involved with the team selection and tactics?

I very much doubt he is . You can't say in one breathe tan isn't interested and then says he picks the team.

Of course you can..... I want him to do neither. If he was interested in the team, then he should know to steer clear of any team interference and tactics.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Well there is no doubt in my mind that Tan has lost interest.

What he has done to the club is he has tried to make it sustainable while remaining in the Championship. After this season he might have to have a rethink. We will know a lot more come the summer.

Sadly he wont as he knows that, in the main, that certain somebody is far more popular than he is and would do a far far better job of achieving Cardiff Citys full potential.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:08 pm

wez1927 wrote:

You can if it suits the narrative.. its quite common to have your cake and eat it on this forum ..... I'm sure there's fone or emails out there that proves he picks team/ tactics...... yes he wants youngsters playing and cost cutting but that is totally different to actually foning manager telling him to pick this or that player and play this way... :o

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

You can if it suits the narrative.. its quite common to have your cake and eat it on this forum ..... I'm sure there's fone or emails out there that proves he picks team/ tactics...... yes he wants youngsters playing and cost cutting but that is totally different to actually foning manager telling him to pick this or that player and play this way... :o

What about putting the youngsters in the shop window?

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:55 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Well there is no doubt in my mind that Tan has lost interest.

Sadly he wont as he knows that, in the main, that certain somebody is far more popular than he is and would do a far far better job of achieving Cardiff Citys full potential.

Popular on here, sure. Popular off of this board and outside the social circle of fans that use this board? Less so. A quick glance at Mike’s site shows how unpopular Sam is to that group of fans. Even on this site which is extremely pro Sam, he has a fair chunk who want him no where near the club again.

As for him successfully achieving our full potential that’s just pure speculation. Bigger and richer clubs than us have tried and failed over the years. Financial rules have only gotten stricter in the 15 years since he took us to the brink of extinction.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:24 pm

Got to agree with Annis when he sai cheap Willing to do as he is told and wiling to work on next to no budget.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:08 pm

I'd like to thanks Vinny for lowering my blood pressure by not playing Pack and Bacuna.

Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:57 pm

Bottom line up front is Tan must sell up.

Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:42 pm

Ninian27 wrote:There are a lot of true points you have stated and the future is bleak, fans are at low points, what we need is to hear from Tan himself and for him to outline his true plans for the Bluebirds

lets here tan and his advisor Dalmans latest, another servant sacked

Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:42 pm

Morison, never obeyed so he got sacked

Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:51 pm

Loyal Blue wrote:Morison, never obeyed so he got sacked

Absolute rubbish ,he got sacked coz of his poor management and poor management skills,trollope got sacked at a similar record to him also ole did ,you can't have his bad man management and record and expect to keep your job .

Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:46 pm

So it goes on no wonder people stop posting.. :?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:So it goes on no wonder people stop posting.. :?

It does get very tiring on here sometimes, same thing from the same people regurgitating the same old crap time after time.

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:30 pm

I never brought this back up ???

Allan this was April.

But no problem about not posting as views 14 years on still keep going up and up .

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:36 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:

It does get very tiring on here sometimes, same thing from the same people regurgitating the same old crap time after time.

Reality and truth is what people want it to be... but it appears you have to accept what is said as truth and reality when posted on here.... add this to the professional agitators that at moment proliferate the forum i dont post fraction of what use to do not worth it. :?