Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES ON THE TWS SPORTS PODCAST

Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:13 am

Hi all,

I host the TWS Sports Podcast which is also hosted by some of the autistic students that I teach.

Each week we chat to sportsmen and women. We have had lots of great guests on our pod but the ones that will interest this group most are Michael Chopra & Jay Bothroyd as well as former Wales player Dave Edwards.

Anyway, next Friday we will be speaking to former Cardiff manager Dave Jones and I was just wondering if you had any questions that we could ask him from his time as manager.

Don't hold back with the questions. I want this to be a really insightful interview about his time with Cardiff so if you have any great questions or stories then please post them below and we can ask him.

And if you haven't heard are podcast before then please search TWS Sports Podcast. Our next episode to be released in next Tuesday with Wolves captain Conor Coady.

Thank you :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: DAVE JONES ON THE TWS SPORTS PODCAST

Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:05 am

One question id like asking is was he aware his players were on the piss a day before the boro game ? And what did the play off final loss feel to him? Oh and ask him who his fav player was he signed

Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 am

Bluesclues wrote:One question id like asking is was he aware his players were on the piss a day before the boro game ? And what did the play off final loss feel to him? Oh and ask him who his fav player was he signed

Brilliant. Thank you

Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:26 pm

Ask him why on earth did he not start Aaron Ramsey in the 2008 Cup Final and waited an hour before bringing him on :banghead: :banghead:

Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:41 am

Ask him how he managed Jay Bothroyd so well and what type of character he was.
Also, be nice to hear some of his thoughts on Whitts. :thumbup:

Sun May 01, 2022 8:05 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Ask him how he managed Jay Bothroyd so well and what type of character he was.
Also, be nice to hear some of his thoughts on Whitts. :thumbup:

Great question. We had Jay on the podcast a few months ago and he spoke very highly of Dave Jones and his team mates.

I’ll definitely ask about Jay and Whitts

Sun May 01, 2022 8:06 am

davids wrote:Ask him why on earth did he not start Aaron Ramsey in the 2008 Cup Final and waited an hour before bringing him on :banghead: :banghead:

Definitely. That play off final still hurts

Tue May 03, 2022 12:14 am

I had a ST for his entire era at the club. He created the best Cardiff team I think I ever saw. Mcphail in the middle was a fantastic footballer. Loovens, what a signing he was. Loovens/Johnson arguably the best CB partnership we’ve had in 20 years.

I went up to Boro for the FA Cup semi. Whittingham G&A assist that day. I loved that Whittingham goal, the drag back and dummy onto his right foot. Youtube does it no justice.

Please ask Dave what his favourite Whittingham goal was and if he ever thought he’d be as successful as he was. 457 apps for Cardiff. Hero.

Tue May 03, 2022 9:16 am

If he had stayed beyond 2011 when the money started coming in, what sort of players would he have signed?

Does he think we would have stayed up had we got promoted in 2010?

How close was the club to going under during his reign?

What was it like working with Peter Ridsdale?

Given his good record at City and Sheff Wed afterwards, why did he not manage again at this level?

What was his favourite game of his spell in charge?

How did he find the stadium move personally in terms of his own experience and how it affected the team?