Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dalman: “ Joe Rallls “

Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:38 am

Dalman has said the ball is in Joe Ralls’ court to sign a new contract.

It’s easy to say that, but it’s both courts as it depends how much Ralls has been offered???

Re: Dalman: “ Joe Rallls “

Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:Dalman has said the ball is in Joe Ralls’ court to sign a new contract.

It’s easy to say that, but it’s both courts as it depends how much Ralls has been offered???

But if a contract has been offered what Dalman has said is absolutely accurate. It’s up to Ralls.

No way is Ralls worth what he’s being paid at the moment and starting to miss a worrying amount of games with injury.

I’m not bothered either way on this one.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:17 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dalman has said the ball is in Joe Ralls’ court to sign a new contract.

But if a contract has been offered what Dalman has said is absolutely accurate. It’s up to Ralls.

No way is Ralls worth what he’s being paid at the moment and starting to miss a worrying amount of games with injury.

A few months ago I was thinking that JR should deffo be offered a contract (possibly Flint too). Tbh I wouldn’t offer any of the players out of contract a new one now. JR is ok in what he does but as you say, he’s having a worrying amount of injuries so it’s a no for me.
Let’s have a complete overhaul with a new culture instilled from the moment they sign.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:07 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Got to agree with you he's a bit of a sick note .

Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:11 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Of course you can offer a contract , but it all depends on how low.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:15 am

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Got to agree with you he's a bit of a sick note .

I agree with that Wez, and lately I have now my doubts.

My point being anyone can offer something and make out they are being fair , but if he can get more else where, then he should go and get it.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:27 am

Maybe they don't want him but know he's popular so a low offer might force him to leave.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:56 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Maybe they don't want him but know he's popular so a low offer might force him to leave.

Spot on Martin.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:01 am

His fitness is becoming a worry, i would let go

Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:01 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Maybe they don't want him but know he's popular so a low offer might force him to leave.

Payment based on appearances or s one year deal perhaps.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Martin.

I agree and don’t have an issue with that low offer. If he can get a better one elsewhere good for him.

One telling point on Ralls, historically there have been virtually no other clubs linked with him in all the time he’s been here. Unlike Whitts, etc.

Easy to be loyal when you’re not being tempted elsewhere !!

He’s going to struggle to get into Morison’s team if they are going to play with a high press as he just isn’t mobile enough in my opinion.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:46 am

Ralls is a good pro, been in the top half of the championship or better except a season in L1 when a kid, but there is a new market forming. Is he really going to be in that much demand to warrant a four year million pound a season deal, because that's what he is surely holding out for.

Even on 12K that leaves him £625K a year with bonuses for being captain or something like that. I expect loads of teams who'd fancy him to match that, but then he is the new kid

I really like Joe, I hope he stays but he isn't a 28 year old Whitts or Gunnar

Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:57 am

Like all players they are paid what they are worth and rolls is definitely not worth his current wages..... he will struggle to get his present wages elsewhere as clubs who could pay it wont sign him be looking for better quality players.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:59 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Martin.

I agree and don’t have an issue with that low offer. If he can get a better one elsewhere good for him.

One telling point on Ralls, historically there have been virtually no other clubs linked with him in all the time he’s been here. Unlike Whitts, etc.

Easy to be loyal when you’re not being tempted elsewhere !!

He’s going to struggle to get into Morison’s team if they are going to play with a high press as he just isn’t mobile enough in my opinion.

I think he would be mobile enough, my issue is where though. If SM goes to the new coach playbook and starts with 4231 which he has played with recently then he only fits one position the top of the double pivot as Wintle sits as the deeper of the two.

I love Joe but he was moulded into a Warnock midfielder and thrived. He plays well when facing goal and the ball is in front of him but he isn't great on the half turn, Vaulks is an even more extreme version IMO.

Every club has a money ball approach nowadays, its just what you want to do. If you are going fairly direct and want to win 50/50's, second balls, pop it over the full backs shoulder and knock in a few goals a season then Joe is at the top of your list and you'd pay him.

In the wingbacks system with 3 CM's he is great. We have to trust SM

Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:20 pm

Remember this man is the politician. Makes it sound like 'we have done all we can to keep him' whereas, it could very well be that a derisory offer has been made that they know he will reject.

Dalman and Tan deserve each other, and Cardiff City deserve NEITHER.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:34 pm

Hope he’s off.. has one good game in five.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:06 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Remember this man is the politician. Makes it sound like 'we have done all we can to keep him' whereas, it could very well be that a derisory offer has been made that they know he will reject.

Dalman and Tan deserve each other, and Cardiff City deserve NEITHER.

Absolutely Spot on.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:21 pm

Ralls has been a sicknote this season no arguments there and his imput this season has been very limited and to be honest has he made that much of a big difference to say we have really missed ralls sadly for me he has had 1 stand out game in 10 the rest have been average so i am really not fussed if he is here next season or not hoping for someone to play good in midfield week in week out.

Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:22 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Ralls is a good pro, been in the top half of the championship or better except a season in L1 when a kid, but there is a new market forming. Is he really going to be in that much demand to warrant a four year million pound a season deal, because that's what he is surely holding out for.

Even on 12K that leaves him £625K a year with bonuses for being captain or something like that. I expect loads of teams who'd fancy him to match that, but then he is the new kid

I really like Joe, I hope he stays but he isn't a 28 year old Whitts or Gunnar

his Yeovil year was in the championship too. he’s never played below