Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW PLAYERS

Sun May 01, 2022 6:44 am

Regarding the two players who are playing abroad, I think us fans will be very happy with them :ayatollah:

Re: NEW PLAYERS

Sun May 01, 2022 7:23 am

Igovernor wrote:Regarding the two players who are playing abroad, I think us fans will be very happy with them :ayatollah:

We’ll know the players or tomorrow m pressed with pedigree, Rog?

Sun May 01, 2022 7:47 am

Igovernor wrote:Regarding the two players who are playing abroad, I think us fans will be very happy with them :ayatollah:

Bale and Ramsey:lol:

Sun May 01, 2022 8:04 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew, depends on how much you up on Welsh footballers playing abroad :laughing6:

Sun May 01, 2022 8:14 am

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew, depends on how much you up on Welsh footballers playing abroad :laughing6:

Surely not…

Sun May 01, 2022 8:38 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Surely not…

Not as far as I know :laughing6:

Sun May 01, 2022 8:39 am

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Surely not…

Not as far as I know :laughing6:

There are a few good Welsh ones that I know of.

Sun May 01, 2022 8:56 am

No doubt they will be shit, lower league players who are only here because they are cheap......etc etc blah blah blah

Sun May 01, 2022 8:58 am

City slicker27 wrote:No doubt they will be shit, lower league players who are only here because they are cheap......etc etc blah blah blah

:laughing6:

Sun May 01, 2022 9:20 am

Can’t tease us like this. I need more details !!

Sun May 01, 2022 9:29 am

what country are they currently playing in

Sun May 01, 2022 9:34 am

Bonner wrote:what country are they currently playing in

The one I’m thinking of is in Germany. Just based on the fact that he fits the bill - nothing else. :occasion5:

Sun May 01, 2022 9:46 am

Take your pick.I'd say Jamie Lawrence one possibility.
https://uk.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/wales/

Sun May 01, 2022 9:52 am

stickywicket wrote:Take your pick.I'd say Jamie Lawrence one possibility.
https://uk.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/wales/

:thumbup:

Sun May 01, 2022 10:34 am

Was told Matondo could be on his way back.

Sun May 01, 2022 12:09 pm

Allegedly, Cardiff are working very closely with Chelsea’s academy. Plus SM has said that we are able to open discussions with Chelsea with our supposed new style of play. So my guess is Ampadu on loan and Matondo. I’d be happy with that, fingers crossed.

Sun May 01, 2022 12:13 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Allegedly, Cardiff are working very closely with Chelsea’s academy. Plus SM has said that we are able to open discussions with Chelsea with our supposed new style of play. So my guess is Ampadu on loan and Matondo. I’d be happy with that, fingers crossed.

Ampedu would be an excellent signing for us - hope there are legs in this one. Matondo not so impressive for me - a bit like Kadeem Harris, plenty of pace but no end product.

Sun May 01, 2022 12:15 pm

Ampedu would be an excellent signing for us - hope there are legs in this one. Matondo not so impressive for me - a bit like Kadeem Harris, plenty of pace but no end product.[/quote]

Bluebird For Life wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Allegedly, Cardiff are working very closely with Chelsea’s academy. Plus SM has said that we are able to open discussions with Chelsea with our supposed new style of play. So my guess is Ampadu on loan and Matondo. I’d be happy with that, fingers crossed.

I agree with Matondo but we are desperate for wingers. In all fairness he’s had a very successful spell out in Belgium so hopefully he’s finally starting to reach his potential.

Sun May 01, 2022 1:34 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Ampedu would be an excellent signing for us - hope there are legs in this one. Matondo not so impressive for me - a bit like Kadeem Harris, plenty of pace but no end product.

Bluebird For Life wrote:

I agree with Matondo but we are desperate for wingers. In all fairness he’s had a very successful spell out in Belgium so hopefully he’s finally starting to reach his potential.[/quote]

Fair enough - I though he was at Stoke so missed something along the way. If he did come here, I would naturally give him a chance.

Sun May 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Is Scotland abroad :laughing6:

Sun May 01, 2022 2:19 pm

If you’re “in the know” Give us the names.
This cryptic nonsense is silly, there’s a hundred possible players it could be so when any 2 sign you’ll just say it was them all along.

Sun May 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Come off it Roger .Be honest you havent got a scooby doo.loke the 3 nailed on signings you mentioned. Also still waiting for koumas to arrive .

Sun May 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Rabbi Matondo return being mooted...? ;) :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2022 6:49 pm

Large Arge wrote:If you’re “in the know” Give us the names.
This cryptic nonsense is silly, there’s a hundred possible players it could be so when any 2 sign you’ll just say it was them all along.

In his defence his info in recent years has been spot on so his source is definitely reliable. He's probably promised he wouldn't give too many details away.

Sun May 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Sven wrote:Rabbi Matondo return being mooted...? ;) :ayatollah:

Just read that Fulham are sniffing around him too Chris :(

Sun May 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Sven wrote:Rabbi Matondo return being mooted...? ;) :ayatollah:

I've only ever seen this lad play for Wales but based on that I'd be happy to have him here. At his age he'll never be the finished product but Morison and co would probably get a tune out of him.

Sun May 01, 2022 8:46 pm

How does anybody know anything about who we might sign. Do any of you definitely have information from the club? I thought all this in the know stuff was knocked on the head years ago. Do any of you REALLY know what's going on. To be honest I don't think the club should be leaking out info to any of you, regardless of whether you are forum moderators or not.

Sun May 01, 2022 9:20 pm

avondaleblue wrote:How does anybody know anything about who we might sign. Do any of you definitely have information from the club? I thought all this in the know stuff was knocked on the head years ago. Do any of you REALLY know what's going on. To be honest I don't think the club should be leaking out info to any of you, regardless of whether you are forum moderators or not.

I think if you look back, I put out a couple of posts recently stating that we (Forum members not just Moderators, as you appear to single out) get information from sources that ultimately prove to be accurate, inconclusive (may or may not have come close to happening) or wide of the mark

Most information is taken from usually reliable sources on good faith but no one is infallible

You are, of course, correct to say the current regime keep their cards close to their proverbial chests and that is to their credit (my opinion) or not (the opinion of others)

You (and others) choose to come on to this Forum to debate, seek information and/or news about what is, what maybe and what isn't going on, so I don't understand your apparent criticism of anyone putting out the information as they are made aware of it?

This is not having a 'pop' but would you prefer to have nothing to read or are you 'happy' to know the stuff that may be developing at or around our club?

Sun May 01, 2022 9:41 pm

Any positions to give us an idea on what areas we are strengthening first?

Sun May 01, 2022 11:22 pm

theclaw wrote:Is Scotland abroad :laughing6:

;)