Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If it wasn't for the points deductions we'd be going into la

Sun May 01, 2022 9:18 am

If it wasn't for the points deductions we'd be going into last game needing something to stay up
Mathematically anyway as we would be 3 points above the relegation zone.

I think that is an accurate summarisation of where the club currently is and things not getting any better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: If it wasn't for the points deductions we'd be going int

Sun May 01, 2022 9:41 am

Could have easily said we would have stayed up on goal difference as would need a 13 goal or 5 goal swing for us to be relegated .... not good but considering we looked like being relegated most fans "not all" would take that considering the awful season we've had .

Sun May 01, 2022 9:53 am

Do you honestly think that SM would have been tinkering with the team/formations as much as he has recently if relegation was a distinct possibility ?

You have to remember that safety was achieved a long time ago and that we won all three of the games against the now relegated clubs. This afforded the manager a chance to experiment without the pressure of adding to their points tally.

I will be reading nothing into our final finishing position other than I'm pretty confident we will do much better next season.

Sun May 01, 2022 11:12 am

Makes you wonder what type of fan the OP is.

Sun May 01, 2022 11:26 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:Do you honestly think that SM would have been tinkering with the team/formations as much as he has recently if relegation was a distinct possibility ?

You have to remember that safety was achieved a long time ago and that we won all three of the games against the now relegated clubs. This afforded the manager a chance to experiment without the pressure of adding to their points tally.

I will be reading nothing into our final finishing position other than I'm pretty confident we will do much better next season.

Spot on !

Completely wrong to suggest we would have had this last run of results if we weren’t safe. There has been some massive experimentation with both players and formations since we were safe.

The OP is either thick or just trying to stir up negativity to suit the anti-regime agenda.

Sun May 01, 2022 12:26 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:Do you honestly think that SM would have been tinkering with the team/formations as much as he has recently if relegation was a distinct possibility ?

Spot on !

Completely wrong to suggest we would have had this last run of results if we weren’t safe. There has been some massive experimentation with both players and formations since we were safe.

The OP is either thick or just trying to stir up negativity to suit the anti-regime agenda.

Why not both? :thumbup:

Sun May 01, 2022 12:47 pm

Large Arge wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Spot on !

Why not both? :thumbup:

Good point ………….. it’s both !!!!!!!!!!!

Sun May 01, 2022 2:30 pm

Well yes mathematically although that would need to be one big swing to take us down.

I would like to think we would not be in this situation as of late we have experimented and its not work out well.

Sun May 01, 2022 3:57 pm

barnet blue wrote:If it wasn't for the points deductions we'd be going into last game needing something to stay up
Mathematically anyway as we would be 3 points above the relegation zone.

I think that is an accurate summarisation of where the club currently is and things not getting any better

Well they only have a points deduction for basically cheating so your if doesn't really matter. They are relegated & we're not, that's a fact jack.

Sun May 01, 2022 9:59 pm

If the dog hadn't stopped to shit he would have won the race.

Mon May 02, 2022 8:59 am

stickywicket wrote:If the dog hadn't stopped to shit he would have won the race.

Yes and I backed the bugger proper flushed my money down the pan. ;)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: