Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Morison Crap ????????

Sun May 01, 2022 11:54 am

Back in January i think it can be said that this club had its best possible January window for years :clap: What then followed was a marked improvement of performances which resulted in our safety being confirmed a few weeks ago. At this point (Except the Jacks game :oops: ) Morison and what was now an entirely different team were flying.

So we now face a number of issues which are impacting on the last bits of this crazy season :banghead: lets look at the position:

1. Its clear that a number of senior players know they are out of the door at the end of the season ( and they now dont care for jack-shit).

2. As a result of the above point Morison is having to play too many kids at the same time The average age of the side must be one of the lowest in the championship, ( you can only blood so many players at a time)

3. Its clear that Morison is preparing for next season and the total focus is in that direction (maybe he has taken his eye of the present situation).

I am going to reserve judgement on the activity being conducted during the Summer, none of us know where it will all end up next season, all we know so far is

1. Morrison has successfully carried out his brief for this season
2. He seams to have a good eye for bringing in players without any money.
3. He have the ability to act with purpose when things are not going s well.
4. He seams to have a good eye for which youngsters to bring on.

I am still in Morison's corner :clap: Are YOU :thumbup:

Re: Morison Crap ????????

Sun May 01, 2022 12:42 pm

He’ll take us very close to play offs next season :bluescarf:

Sun May 01, 2022 1:14 pm

Whistler wrote:Back in January i think it can be said that this club had its best possible January window for years :clap: What then followed was a marked improvement of performances which resulted in our safety being confirmed a few weeks ago. At this point (Except the Jacks game :oops: ) Morison and what was now an entirely different team were flying.

So we now face a number of issues which are impacting on the last bits of this crazy season :banghead: lets look at the position:

1. Its clear that a number of senior players know they are out of the door at the end of the season ( and they now dont care for jack-shit).

2. As a result of the above point Morison is having to play too many kids at the same time The average age of the side must be one of the lowest in the championship, ( you can only blood so many players at a time)

3. Its clear that Morison is preparing for next season and the total focus is in that direction (maybe he has taken his eye of the present situation).

I am going to reserve judgement on the activity being conducted during the Summer, none of us know where it will all end up next season, all we know so far is

I most certainly am but we'll only know the true value of his coaching/managerial skills once he's got his chosen players in place for next season. Even then, with so many personnel changes at once we may be in for a bumpy ride for a while before they start playing as a team.

The one thing that is evident is SM can hardly contain his excitement about the challenges that lie ahead. As fans all we can do is pray that he is up to these challenges and prove he is more than capable of taking the club forward.

Sun May 01, 2022 1:24 pm

Most are behind SM I think and he deserves this chance. We'll only know more after around 12 games and the acid test will be how we are after Christmas and going into the new window.

Sun May 01, 2022 1:32 pm

Well when he got the job there was a buzz around the place that he was the best person for it considering all the circumstances. We had a shaky start with him winning one, losing the next but we started to pull away from the relegation spots. We then brought in the loans and went on a reasonable good run that look like we were going to secure our place in the Championship. Then came along the Swansea games.

All the good work was lost after that. We have managed to creep over the relegation line but we have not been very good have we. We have played different formations which has not worked that well. Basically we have not got a backbone to work with and that for me is down to the uncertainty of the squad.

Morison deserves the chance and with us being safe then all eyes should be on the summer. Let him bring his wn players in and give him 10 games of the new season before we start judging. That is what I say.

Sun May 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Behind him 100% at the moment & the results once we were safe (except Swansea game) have meant nothing, win lose or draw didn't and doesn't mean shit even though we all (most) like to win every game. The players who know they're leaving don't care and you can see the rest are trying to win.

Sun May 01, 2022 3:54 pm

He got the new manager bounce then a new player bounce.

In the scheme of things match and data analysts are cheap as chips so every club is analysed to death. When a new manager comes in its all up in the air, then when we changed a nearly half our team it took a while for them to catch up to us.

Most teams haven't been able to stop the Drameh affect and SM has ridden the wave, he has been our game plan, we haven't really had anything else.

SM won the games he needed and we are safe.

SM had to change styles when we were safe as he should have been straight onto recruitment and he couldn't really say to our targets you are our man, we love what you do and we want you to play like this and then go full on Mick McCarthy. He had to show he means it.

If he can seal the deal and get us a squad of 15 championship players, a few gambles and academy kids then i will be happy.

On reflection he is more like a DoF or an old school manager like Shankly or Busby who didn't do that much on the training ground as that why you have coaches. I do remember he is doing something with the coaches. Perhaps Dalman and Vinny are going to strike lucky again.
Last edited by llan bluebird on Sun May 01, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 01, 2022 3:56 pm

I’m backing him 100% and actually looking forward to next season. By mid February we were arguably safe from relegation when many predicted it would go down to the wire. Results have turned poor in recent weeks but we’ve got nothing to play for, players with no motivation and a manager tinkering with tactics. It’s to be expected.

Even SM’s biggest critics can surely praise his ability to find good players. Drameh and Doyle have been 2 of our best players and Uche and Hugill are a noticeable improvement on what we had previously. A summer transfer window has many more players available and for cheaper too. I excited to see who joins the club as I’m expecting SM and his team to uncover some hidden talents.

Sun May 01, 2022 4:06 pm

I'm backing him ,I think this summer will be interesting

Sun May 01, 2022 4:22 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Most are behind SM I think and he deserves this chance. We'll only know more after around 12 games and the acid test will be how we are after Christmas and going into the new window.

I agree.

He won his contract and he deserves his chance I think most are behind him but there are always the few on here that have to have snipes at Morison, the club and the team at every opportunity.

Sun May 01, 2022 4:26 pm

First things to address take the lead .score in the first half play for 90 minutes win the football match

Sun May 01, 2022 5:12 pm

skiprat wrote:First things to address take the lead .score in the first half play for 90 minutes win the football match

Exactly right, sick to death of giving teams a goal start then chasing the game. Fair play, we've come from behind to win a few games, but this not starting well and not playing for 90 minutes is a concern.

Sun May 01, 2022 6:33 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Most are behind SM I think and he deserves this chance. We'll only know more after around 12 games and the acid test will be how we are after Christmas and going into the new window.

I agree.

He won his contract and he deserves his chance I think most are behind him but there are always the few on here that have to have snipes at Morison, the club and the team at every opportunity.

Paul, sadly the 'one or two' are 'one full-stop' in certain cases...

Or maybe I'm just a chump/chimp''... ;) :lol:

100% behind Steve Morison until he proves otherwise; but only because Klopp wants to finish his job at Liverpool before sorting us out... :ayatollah: :laughing6:

Sun May 01, 2022 6:44 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I agree.

The forum is more unbearable than the football at the moment. Especially with certain mods constantly pushing the same shit like a broken record.

Sun May 01, 2022 10:32 pm

Russian free press.. got mates like it

Unsure about SM.. lacks experience, but wish him well.

Mon May 02, 2022 5:07 am

It’s a no from me. A few reasons below

1. The football maybe a different style but it’s still shite.
2. It’s never his fault.
3.Always fall behind in matches
4. He acts like a spoilt brat whenever he’s questioned on certain things.
5. It’s never his fault
6. The jacks game ( enough said).
7.No relationship with fans.
8.Has thrown young players under the bus.
9.has a chip on his shoulder ten foot high.
10.It’s never his fault.

The guy got extremely lucky getting this job. It comes across that way too much in press interviews.

Definitely a no from me.

Mon May 02, 2022 6:54 am

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:It’s a no from me. A few reasons below

1. The football maybe a different style but it’s still shite.
2. It’s never his fault.
3.Always fall behind in matches
4. He acts like a spoilt brat whenever he’s questioned on certain things.
5. It’s never his fault
6. The jacks game ( enough said).
7.No relationship with fans.
8.Has thrown young players under the bus.
9.has a chip on his shoulder ten foot high.
10.It’s never his fault.

The guy got extremely lucky getting this job. It comes across that way too much in press interviews.

Definitely a no from me.

He does appear to polarise opinion but he's got a tune out of a bunch who were heading for relegation by adding some pretty smart loanees

I only really take issue with no.8 (above) as he's gotten a tune out of most of those players, who have been amongst our best since he took over. Maybe Steve Morison knows them well enough to know how he can get a beneficial (to club) reaction?

Mon May 02, 2022 8:52 am

Whistler wrote:Back in January i think it can be said that this club had its best possible January window for years :clap: What then followed was a marked improvement of performances which resulted in our safety being confirmed a few weeks ago. At this point (Except the Jacks game :oops: ) Morison and what was now an entirely different team were flying.

I am in the SM camp as I think what he has achieved in getting to the point where our Championship status was secured has been remarkable when you think at the time he took over from MM we have won just over 21% of the matches we had played which, even after 14 games, had us nailed on for relegation. Since he has taken over we have won over 35% of the games we have played which is a massive improvement.

A win % of 35% is not bad when you look at the records of our other recent managers many of which had greater choice and quality of players available. In fact of SM had turned 2 draws into wins, which was possible, of our recent managers only Malkay Mackay would have a better win record. However SM has had no money to spend and has had to use his judgement on the type of player required AND to stand up to the board and tell them the reality that going with youth would see us in League 1. His work in the January transfer window was given the lack of money outstanding.

SM deserves his chance and when you consider the squad and it's likely lack of numbers come 1st June for me he WILL need more than 1 window to sort it out to the point where we can challenge for playoffs again.

Much of this of course will depend on the outcome of the CAS hearing on the Sala transfer as if they find against us we will need to quickly pay £5m to Nantes or face a FIFA ban on signing players for 3 transfer windows.

Little wonder SM wants to get business done quickly.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue May 03, 2022 9:12 am

100% behind Morison, excited for the squad changes this summer. I think we will improve massively next season.