Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: “ STEVE MORISON “

Mon May 02, 2022 9:50 am

STEVE MORISON OUTLINES HIS PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON & SAYS WE HAVE TO BUILD ON THIS SEASON:

Steve Morison admits that promotion back to the Premier League remains a long-term goal for Cardiff, but has stopped short of suggesting that its an aim for next season.

The current circumstances clearly make it trickier to put such a clearly defined target in place ahead of next season. Then again, he admits there will always be some level of yearning for a top-six charge.

STEVE MORISON:

“My brief is to do a lot better than this season," Morison said when quizzed on his ambitions for the new season. “It’s to work to a structure and a budget I have been given.”

"But it’s a difficult one to answer because there is my vision and there is the club’s.”

“The club’s ultimately is always going to be, ‘let’s get promoted.’ That should be the vision for all of us.”

“We have to do better than this season and that will be our aim.”

“The only time you really have a target is when you have a situation like when I came in October last year and the target was to get safe.”

“Everyone next season will start off with that ambition. If you’re at the lower end of the table, budget-wise, everyone will want to emulate Luton. They’ll think, ‘why can’t we do it?’

“But there will be teams coming down and teams at the top who are going to be thinking they should be getting promoted.”

“I intend to get the new players in early, this June and get the pre-season going with my new squad.”

“I would love to get promoted, or get to the play-offs.”

“I just want to produce a team that can carry out the job. I also want everyone to enjoy watching the team play and enjoy coming to the stadium.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: “ STEVE MORISON “

Mon May 02, 2022 10:10 am

Why can’t he just say “ yes we’re gonna give it a good go”. Instead he swerves everything and gives himself as much slack as possible.
No chance of selling any extra STs after listening to that typical SM sound bite.

Mon May 02, 2022 10:15 am

So another season of re-building, how many times do we keep doing this?

Mon May 02, 2022 10:37 am

barnet blue wrote:So another season of re-building, how many times do we keep doing this?

Generally after we mess up in the premier league...But in the last 10 years we have been there twice.

Footballers and managers have short shelf lives, you are always rebuilding.

Mon May 02, 2022 10:43 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 02, 2022 10:53 am

That sounds like the talk of a man that knows next year will be mid table at best, more likely another struggle.

Mon May 02, 2022 11:18 am

llan bluebird wrote:
barnet blue wrote:So another season of re-building, how many times do we keep doing this?

Generally after we mess up in the premier league...But in the last 10 years we have been there twice.

Theres rebuilding and theres rebuilding? Upto now we have simply had managers bringing in players to replace those that have moved on is that rebuilding?
(malkie & ole did build going to premier league).....has any manager or the regime said we are rebuilding team since?? This coming season you definitely can call this a total rebuild as going to lose 10+players.... now all got to do is guess the players coming in for the rebuild..... and to expect top 6 finish or criticise quality of players coming in is very premature .. :old:

Mon May 02, 2022 11:47 am

If he is saying he cant do the job of attaining or trying to get promoted - then fair enough.
I would contrast this with when Warnock took over - I think we were in the bottom 3 - the following year he got us promoted.
Same goes for Cooper at Forest - look where they were and where they are now.

Maybe over the last 20 years we have been spoiled with playoffs / near the playoffs / promotion / cup finals etc

Mon May 02, 2022 11:55 am

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Why can’t he just say “ yes we’re gonna give it a good go”. Instead he swerves everything and gives himself as much slack as possible.
No chance of selling any extra STs after listening to that typical SM sound bite.

Hes being realistic. He has to rebuild the entire squad with no money to spend. Do you honestly expect us to finish top 6 next season? The board said promotion was the aim this season and have been heavily criticised as its gone to shit.

Mon May 02, 2022 12:03 pm

In every job you should under promise then over deliver...

Mon May 02, 2022 12:33 pm

If he came out and said we are going for promotion then he would be ridiculed on here as being un-realistic and making wild statements. He and all of us cannot say for sure what will happen until we know what the squad will look like after the Summer :old:

Mon May 02, 2022 12:37 pm

We all new the squad was going to be built from bargain basement so season tickets are going to struggle with tans wage cap the only thing you could say it surely could not be a worse season as the last was starting with mick mc carthy and the likes of bacuna tomlin moore who did not want to be here
And its down to tan and dalhman how many season tickets are sold not morrison.

Mon May 02, 2022 12:39 pm

Whistler wrote:If he came out and said we are going for promotion then he would be ridiculed on here as being un-realistic and making wild statements. He and all of us cannot say for sure what will happen until we know what the squad will look like after the Summer :old:

Some people are positive we will struggle as know what players we will sign..... but like you say he'll be slagged off whatever he says. :roll:

Mon May 02, 2022 1:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Whistler wrote:If he came out and said we are going for promotion then he would be ridiculed on here as being un-realistic and making wild statements. He and all of us cannot say for sure what will happen until we know what the squad will look like after the Summer :old:

Some people are positive we will struggle as know what players we will sign..... but like you say he'll be slagged off whatever he says. :roll:

Get your facts right Allan, some people including myself are not poutine about it as No one can guarantee what will happen, just not many fans feel positive after the last few years and especially this one.

We should all be wanting promotion next season as you should want the best for your club, not just be happy to just stay in this League.

Let’s see the season ticket sales, so far, the lowest for many years in first 10 days. Fans will wait to see the signings in June and that’s how fans feel.

Steve Morison:

“I would love to get promoted, or get to the play-offs.”

Mon May 02, 2022 1:53 pm

City slicker27 wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Why can’t he just say “ yes we’re gonna give it a good go”. Instead he swerves everything and gives himself as much slack as possible.

Hes being realistic. He has to rebuild the entire squad with no money to spend. Do you honestly expect us to finish top 6 next season? The board said promotion was the aim this season and have been heavily criticised as its gone to shit.

Worse than shit, lowest for 20yrs and worse run for over 100 yrs.

We were never going to compete , if you don’t strengthen properly.

Mon May 02, 2022 2:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

Theres rebuilding and theres rebuilding? Upto now we have simply had managers bringing in players to replace those that have moved on is that rebuilding?
(malkie & ole did build going to premier league).....has any manager or the regime said we are rebuilding team since?? This coming season you definitely can call this a total rebuild as going to lose 10+players.... now all got to do is guess the players coming in for the rebuild..... and to expect top 6 finish or criticise quality of players coming in is very premature .. :old:

:thumbup: True fair assessment.

This is a total rebuild on a tight budget, we should probably expect mid table and hope that Morrison is as good in this full transfer window as he was in the last, if so he could surprise a few and get us n and around the top six.

I really like the way he goes about transfer windows and try's to get players in early and start working with them immediately rather than leaving it to hope or fate and waiting till the last hour before the window shuts!

Mon May 02, 2022 3:24 pm

Barclay1 wrote:That sounds like the talk of a man that knows next year will be mid table at best, more likely another struggle.

Not like you to be negative zzzzzz

Mon May 02, 2022 4:07 pm

It doesn't need to be big bucks we just need SPEED !!!!

Talk of Montando excites me as it did when watching NML, a basic lob over the full back looks world class when you pace to burn up front.

Mon May 02, 2022 5:27 pm

llan bluebird wrote:In every job you should under promise then over deliver...

Exactly. Over promise and your heads on the block in a matter of weeks.

Mon May 02, 2022 6:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yet if your boss has any sense/knowledge/grasp etc, should expect improvements. I would know my expectations of any working with me and demand their aspirations met mine.

Under aim. No job.

Mon May 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yet if your boss has any sense/knowledge/grasp etc, should expect improvements. I would know my expectations of any working with me and demand their aspirations met mine.

Under aim. No job.

What he says to the press is one thing…..

Tue May 03, 2022 6:17 am

Fulham 7 Luton 0