Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff fans deserved far more says City player

Mon May 02, 2022 1:44 pm

Vaulks - we have to do better

Will Vaulks admits Cardiff's fans have deserved far more from their team this season, but says there's plenty of reason to believe there will be something to shout about next season.

Saturday saw Cardiff fans click through the turnstiles of Cardiff City Stadium for the final time this term, having watched their side turn in what many would consider to be a disappointing campaign. That said, the upturn in form under Steve Morison and a reasonably successful January window, were enough to stave off any threat of relegation and, perhaps, offer some hope that the club is moving in the right direction.

Nevertheless, Vaulks believes the club haven't done nearly enough to reward the loyalty of fans, who have turned in strong support at home and away all season. “The fans have been brilliant," the Wales international told the club's official website.

"They’ve been patient with us when we haven’t been good enough this year. We haven’t given them enough to cheer about, but they turn out in their numbers and support us. The following away from home is different class; every game, no matter how far away it is there’s loads of people there, and they clap us off and support us."

Vaulks netted Cardiff's first penalty of the season in the draw with Birmingham, but still faces an uncertain future given that he's one of ten first team players out of contract at the end of the season. Nevertheless, the midfielder hopes that the club can improve on this term's showing, whatever happens. He added: “It’s a great club with a great fanbase, and we should be doing better like I said than it has been this year, but clubs have ups and downs, and the only way is up now, really.”

Re: Cardiff fans deserved far more says City player

Mon May 02, 2022 2:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vaulks - we have to do better

Will Vaulks admits Cardiff's fans have deserved far more from their team this season, but says there's plenty of reason to believe there will be something to shout about next season.

Saturday saw Cardiff fans click through the turnstiles of Cardiff City Stadium for the final time this term, having watched their side turn in what many would consider to be a disappointing campaign. That said, the upturn in form under Steve Morison and a reasonably successful January window, were enough to stave off any threat of relegation and, perhaps, offer some hope that the club is moving in the right direction.

Nevertheless, Vaulks believes the club haven't done nearly enough to reward the loyalty of fans, who have turned in strong support at home and away all season. “The fans have been brilliant," the Wales international told the club's official website.

"They’ve been patient with us when we haven’t been good enough this year. We haven’t given them enough to cheer about, but they turn out in their numbers and support us. The following away from home is different class; every game, no matter how far away it is there’s loads of people there, and they clap us off and support us."

Vaulks netted Cardiff's first penalty of the season in the draw with Birmingham, but still faces an uncertain future given that he's one of ten first team players out of contract at the end of the season. Nevertheless, the midfielder hopes that the club can improve on this term's showing, whatever happens. He added: “It’s a great club with a great fanbase, and we should be doing better like I said than it has been this year, but clubs have ups and downs, and the only way is up now, really.”

I like Vaulks, great attitude he can still do a job and improve with better more determined players around him!

Mon May 02, 2022 2:39 pm

I agree. With better players he would hopefully play forward more often. At present the whole midfield is pedestrian. Personally I feel its hom or ralls to stay.

Mon May 02, 2022 2:41 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:I agree. With better players he would hopefully play forward more often. At present the whole midfield is pedestrian. Personally I feel its hom or ralls to stay.

Make Vaulks captain next season.

Mon May 02, 2022 4:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:I agree. With better players he would hopefully play forward more often. At present the whole midfield is pedestrian. Personally I feel its hom or ralls to stay.

Make Vaulks captain next season.

Give him some pace up front so we can decompress the space in midfield and he is a good player. We managed to get too many players who could all basically do the same role. I am sure he could play the outside of three centre halfs as well.

I hope he stays whatever happens