Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVID BROOKS: GREAT NEWS...

Tue May 03, 2022 4:10 pm

David Brooks: Bournemouth and Wales winger cancer free after Hodgkin lymphoma treatment.

The 24-year-old was diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin lymphoma in October and has not played for the Cherries since.

"I am delighted to say the treatment was successful and I can now say that I have been given the all clear and am now cancer free," Brooks said.

"Those words feel incredible to say and I am so thankful for all your messages and good wishes, these really helped me through the tough times."

Hodgkin lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system, an important part of the immune system.

At the time of his diagnosis, Brooks paid particular thanks to the Wales medical team whose "swift attention" had helped detect the illness while he was on international duty for their World Cup qualifiers.

Brooks, who has been capped 21 times and made three appearances for Wales at Euro 2020, last played in Bournemouth's goalless draw against Peterborough on 29 September, when he came off after 69 minutes.

The former Sheffield United player also thanked the medical team that had been treating him and now hopes to get back to playing.

"I am so excited to start the journey back to full fitness and continuing my football career," he added in a post on social media.

"The lads at Bournemouth have had an excellent season so far and I am looking forward to being back at The Vitality to cheer the team on as we head into the most important fixtures of the season.

"I am determined to work my hardest over the months ahead and I can't wait to be back out there and playing in front of you on the pitch in the not too distant future
."

Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake told the club website: "This is fantastic news and everyone at the club is delighted for David.

"He has shown incredible resolve and courage throughout this journey and we will continue to support him as he begins his journey back to full fitness
."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: DAVID BROOKS: GREAT NEWS...

Tue May 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Fantastic news for David Brooks and all who know/play with him... :clap: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2022 4:18 pm

That is good news.

Tue May 03, 2022 4:25 pm

Fantastic news :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2022 4:32 pm

Absolutely Brilliant !!!!

Good Luck David :clap:

Tue May 03, 2022 6:32 pm

Amazing news, he’s a great kid

Wed May 04, 2022 8:45 am

Great news! If he needs a season somewhere else to build his fitness and game back up I'd be happy to see him at Cardiff :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2022 9:01 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Great news! If he needs a season somewhere else to build his fitness and game back up I'd be happy to see him at Cardiff :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Wed May 04, 2022 10:01 pm

Good news that

Thu May 05, 2022 10:23 am

I would be very happy if we could get him on loan. Think he would be perfect in the number 10 role!