Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Morison impressed with three players

Wed May 04, 2022 3:30 pm

The three trialists playing yesterday were Jaami Qureshi, James Pardington and Fionn O'Brien , I went and watched them in under 23’s yesterday and staff were saying Morison was impressed with them all. We eventually beat Crewe’s under 21 team 2-1.

They did ok, but nothing to jump up and down about, hope these are not the type of players we will be playing in the first team next season

Re: Morison impressed with three players

Wed May 04, 2022 3:48 pm

Cardiff City trialist is Brighton's Jaami Qureshi .

He is 18pts old is being released this summer , So City have taken him on trial.
Played 2 games now. Morison must be thinking about him.

Good luck to the lad

The goalkeeper was James Pardington, a 21-year-old currently contracted to Wolves who is being released this June. He has had loan stints with Bath City, Stratford Town, Dulwich Hamlet and Mansfield Town in recent years, but has never made an appearance for Wolves.

Fionn O'Brien.18, he has been in Coventry City'’s under-18s setup this season, featuring twice for their under-23s side. The left-footed centre-half started the game against Crewe a little shakily but grew into the match and became more settled as the tie wore on. Coventry have released O’Brian.

Wed May 04, 2022 4:43 pm

Reading between the lines
sounds like we will have a bunch of inexperienced kids does morrison know he is main manager not the under 23s
"Joking" but it does look like a bunch of unknown kids though was not exspecting gareth bale but maybe someone with championship experience.

Wed May 04, 2022 4:52 pm

montyblue wrote:Reading between the lines
sounds like we will have a bunch of inexperienced kids does morrison know he is main manager not the under 23s
"Joking" but it does look like a bunch of unknown kids though was not exspecting gareth bale but maybe someone with championship experience.

Experienced championship players as trialists for the u23s?

Wed May 04, 2022 4:56 pm

CITY SLICKER 27

What i meant was i hope he is going to include some experienced players in his thoughts not just kids obviously no need to trial the experienced

Thu May 05, 2022 9:16 am

Impressed means he thinks they got a chance to make it... far from being involved in 1st team yet but possible squad players if continue improvement!

Thu May 05, 2022 3:15 pm

montyblue wrote:CITY SLICKER 27

What i meant was i hope he is going to include some experienced players in his thoughts not just kids obviously no need to trial the experienced

Monty boy, come on think about it!!