' ROTHERHAM BOSS ON SIGNING WILL VAULKS '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 06, 2022 7:46 am

Rotherham boss on signing Will Vaulks

Paul Warne would love the opportunity to sign Cardiff City's Will Vaulks but remains realistic over the player's potential wage demands after his contract runs down in the Welsh capital.

The Wales international has been a steady performer, all things considered, since joining the Bluebirds in 2019, but his contract is set to expire at the end of next month as things stand.

That begs the question of where his next club might be. His old side Rotherham, of course, have just sealed a return to the Championship, going up from League One as champions, and Warne is no doubt already considering assembling a squad which can sustain a campaign in the second tier next term.

It's no surprise that Vaulks is a player Warne likes. The midfielder captained the Millers during his time there and achieved great things with the club. Is a return on the cards? Well, if Vaulks is happy to accept the wages Rotherham are offering then there is no reason why not, according to Warne.

"I obviously love Will, so if I could get anywhere near Will's wage demands that would be a player I like," the Millers manager told the Yorkshire Post. "However, I do not expect Will to sign this summer is probably my nicest answer.

"I spoke to him on the bus on the way home (after beating Gillingham last Saturday). I nearly asked him to put his phone down and do the flip, but we'd had a couple of beers so it seemed funny at the time.

"I did speak to him but it isn't like 'Oh what's happening this summer'. I have spoken to him loads of times and he has phoned me for advice while he's been at Cardiff which I have given.

"I always speak to him and if I could get a Will Vaulks or a Semi Ajayi back obviously I would, but there are limitations on what we can do."

The 28-year-old played 137 times for the Yorkshire club, scoring 17 goals, before signing for Cardiff in 2019.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' ROTHERHAM BOSS ON SIGNING WILL VAULKS '

Postby nubbsy » Fri May 06, 2022 10:49 am

Well, it's going to be a hard reality check with players and their famous "wage demands". It's about time the paradigm shifted because they get rich and we get ripped off.
nubbsy

Re: ' ROTHERHAM BOSS ON SIGNING WILL VAULKS '

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Agree with you nubbsy
ElyBoy1984

Return to General Chat