Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES ON SAM HAMMAM AND PETER RIDSDALE

Fri May 06, 2022 2:58 pm

Dave Jones joined us on the TWS Sports Podcast and chatted all about his time at Cardiff City.

In this segment Dave talks about meeting Sam Hammam and Peter Ridsdale for the first time.

“He made me eat sheep eyes”

“He got an apprentice to deflate my tyres”

“He sacked me 3 times in a month”

“He wanted me to sign a £60,000 a week player”

Link to the segment is here - https://youtu.be/TheNV6pBTTo

Re: DAVE JONES ON SAM HAMMAM AND PETER RIDSDALE

Fri May 06, 2022 5:43 pm

Thanks for putting all that up; I enjoyed it and the memories of Sam's early days

I was a DJ fan and always thought he did well on a tight budget but I accept his demeanour wasn't always to supporters liking

Took us to the Play-off Final (v Blackpool) and the FA Cup Final with a team that I truly wish we had now...

Positive on both Sam and The Riddler, which suggests to me that those two gentlemen did pretty well for this club when the fear of implosion was real rather than assumed as it is now

Thanks again... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: DAVE JONES ON SAM HAMMAM AND PETER RIDSDALE

Sat May 07, 2022 6:20 am

Sven wrote:Thanks for putting all that up; I enjoyed it and the memories of Sam's early days

I was a DJ fan and always thought he did well on a tight budget but I accept his demeanour wasn't always to supporters liking

Took us to the Play-off Final (v Blackpool) and the FA Cup Final with a team that I truly wish we had now...

Positive on both Sam and The Riddler, which suggests to me that those two gentlemen did pretty well for this club when the fear of implosion was real rather than assumed as it is now

Thanks again... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

No problem. I have plenty more content that I will put up on our YouTube channel.