Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES on that EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET SCANDAL

Fri May 06, 2022 8:46 pm

Remember when the club asked us to buy our season tickets early in January to help raise funds to buy players in the transfer window.

Well this is what Dave Jones had to say about it when we asked him on the TWS Sports Podcast.

Link below ⬇️

https://youtu.be/Cyw3dUMfec4

Re: DAVE JONES on that EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET SCANDAL

Fri May 06, 2022 9:28 pm

The Riddler

Fri May 06, 2022 10:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Riddler

Certainly opens up that particular can of worms from an 'insider' perspective and vindicates what you and others reported at the time... :(

It was a tough time/situation and looks like it may have cost us that year's promotion... :cry:

Sat May 07, 2022 12:32 am

if i rememember correctly as well promising to spend on players from the proceeds...promised that all "early bird" season ticket holders would get their season ticket for free the following season if we got promoted to the premier league,and i think that was the season we lost to Blackpool in the play off final?

Sat May 07, 2022 6:19 am

Sven wrote:

Certainly opens up that particular can of worms from an 'insider' perspective and vindicates what you and others reported at the time... :(

It was a tough time/situation and looks like it may have cost us that year's promotion... :cry:

Agreed :thumbup:

Sat May 07, 2022 6:32 am

neathbluebird wrote:if i rememember correctly as well promising to spend on players from the proceeds...promised that all "early bird" season ticket holders would get their season ticket for free the following season if we got promoted to the premier league,and i think that was the season we lost to Blackpool in the play off final?

Can’t see that mate.
Bet there was a few city fans who put a few Bob on Blackpool that day to cover their potential losses.

Sat May 07, 2022 8:20 am

Sven wrote:

Chris,

Everything I said and did regarding Ridsdale had now been proven right and from a manager I never really liked :lol:

Sat May 07, 2022 8:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

Everything I said and did regarding Ridsdale had now been proven right and from a manager I never really liked :lol:

I had a Villa next to Jones at Vale de Lobo I found him very guarded in his comments but always polite I wonder if he became guarded due to what he had gone through or it was just how he was

Sat May 07, 2022 9:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

Annis, you never mentioned your dislike for DJ before...? :shock: ;) :lol: :lol:

Sat May 07, 2022 9:54 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

Annis, you never mentioned your dislike for DJ before...? :shock: ;) :lol: :lol:
has annis liked anyone :lol: misery gutts he's is :lol:

Sat May 07, 2022 12:40 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
neathbluebird wrote:if i rememember correctly as well promising to spend on players from the proceeds...promised that all "early bird" season ticket holders would get their season ticket for free the following season if we got promoted to the premier league,and i think that was the season we lost to Blackpool in the play off final?

Can’t see that mate.
Bet there was a few city fans who put a few Bob on Blackpool that day to cover their potential losses.

It was definitely true, but I thought we had a refund if we went up, I might be wrong. Plus I think it was the first time we had the finance option, with a firm called Zebra.

Sat May 07, 2022 5:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

He likes me.

Sat May 07, 2022 5:55 pm

Back on track.

I recall this very well. The Truth always comes out.

I do remember some reckoning that DJ was part of it. Dangerous accusations when you don't know the Truth. I would say most of us though knew this was the Riddlers doing. He came over as a oily snake and this proves it. I remember Trading Standards (TS) taking him to court but those who complained to TS never turned up resulting in the Riddler getting away with it.

As for DJ well he was put in a difficult situation here and the only thing he could do was keep quiet. It must have made it very difficult for him and it was the last thing he needed. However, the following season he was given another chance with the Riddler out of the way and he blew it hence why he got the sack. It does make you wonder if he was allowed to bring in those players it could have been a different story.

Sat May 07, 2022 7:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

He likes me.

He likes Wez too, Ian :D