Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My view

Sat May 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Good win today but typical end of season, just to pick out one player would be a disservice to the rest of the team.
but I thought Began, NG and philips with harris working his socks off but no goals along with the defence did well
Derby will struggle in division one if they don't get a strker in, we have to do the same except we need two.

. From what i understand all contracts end on 30th June but I gather Morison has said we will not see any movement until the 10th, June strange ??
A back 4 is I think much better that this 5 at the back.
But to get back to the match. this summer we are going to see a much changed team from the one that played today, it is going to be an interesting one.
Derby huffed and puffed today and in the first half so did we although I feel we did not play at all badly, If derby had a striker then it could well have gone against us, but they did not, it is nice to finish with a win after the season we have just had and roll on when we get all these new players in

Everyone have a good summer and to Ned get better soon mate :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Re: My view

Sat May 07, 2022 1:47 pm

Igovernor wrote:Good win today but typical end of season, just to pick out one player would be a disservice to the rest of the team.
but I thought Began, NG and philips with harris working his socks off but no goals along with the defence did well
Derby will struggle in division one if they don't get a strker in, we have to do the same except we need two.

. From what i understand all contracts end on 30th June but I gather Morison has said we will not see any movement until the 10th, June strange ??
But to get back to the match. this summer we are going to see a much changed team from the one that played today, it is going to be an interesting one.
Derby huffed and puffed today and in the first half so did we although I feel we did not play at all badly, If derby had a striker then it could well have gone against us, but they did not, it is nice to finish with a win after the season we have just had and roll on when we get all these new players in

Everyone have a good summer and to Ned get better soon mate :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Rog, I’ll disagree with you I thought Kings pass to Hugil to score showed a lot of maturity instead of the bad press he gets.

Good 3 points whatever have a great summer yourself.

Sat May 07, 2022 1:53 pm

Thought Nelson played really well today. Not his biggest fan but marshalled the defence really well today, albeit against a very poor and probably exhausted Derby team. Really like the idea of NG in midfield, he isn’t tall enough to be a centre back in my opinion, and he isn’t pacey or tricky enough to be a modern day full/wing back. He does the basics really well but needs to cut the silly lapses in concentration out of his game.

Thought King showed great composure for the goal. Say a really experienced championship centre back down and picked the timing of the pass to Hugill perfectly.

Promising signs, excited to see what Morison and co can do in the summer.

Sat May 07, 2022 3:00 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Good win today but typical end of season, just to pick out one player would be a disservice to the rest of the team.

Rog, I’ll disagree with you I thought Kings pass to Hugil to score showed a lot of maturity instead of the bad press he gets.

Good 3 points whatever have a great summer yourself.

Hi karl i though kings pass was excellent also what he did before the pass i know some poster slag him off but not me. Have a great summer yourself and keep well :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat May 07, 2022 4:36 pm

A good game for the Bluebirds and no one was poor :clap:

Eli King is a big one for the future in my eyes and he nearly got my Man of the Match vote (over Dillon Phillips)

The squad will sort itself out over the summer and brighter days are ahead

Enjoy the break everyone...! :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2022 5:06 am

Why would anyone slag Eli King off ?
He’s only just broken into the team.

He’s got years ahead of him to build his game.

Massive step up from the U23 to the Championshop which is full of internationals, ex premier league players and some top young talent.

Thought he was excellent today against a side with a very good midfield.